Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[Collected] Ludwig the super sniper!
Ludwig the super sniper! Posted on [18/04/2014] à 15:21

Just played first few games and HoN is awesome!

Only odd thing that came up is the German hero Ludwig is awesome, not only is he a sniper with all that entails but he has +4 against heavy armour, even though only +0 against light vehicles

Can this be right? I took out a Stuart with 1 shot when I hadn't wounded a single infantryman in the preceding 3 turns!

Am I misreading the rules

In the sniper rules says only infantry can be targeted

Therefore does the +4 mean for combat against tanks? Again odd as he doesn't even have the assault ability

I suspect he should be x or +0 at best against tanks

Also what happens with a sniper without the hawk eye ability who fires over 7 spaces does he get a -2 to his dice roll?

Thanks

Ludwig the super sniper! Posted on [18/04/2014] à 15:41

Yes, this is a mistake. Yann is updating the file in the download section.

It's X, not +4.

And no, the sniper shot is not affected by the long range penalty.

Ludwig the super sniper! Posted on [01/08/2014] à 12:53

Wow, well this is a problem.

I understand that mistakes happen but speaking for myself I am not in a habit of trolling the internet looking for corrections to a board game. LOL

I am new to the game. I have only played half a dozen games in the last three days. I have gotten 4 new people in my gaming group started and I expect to get more.

But my problem is that they are all miniature wargamers which by their very nature are power gamers. Mistakes like this can break a game in my gaming group.

I am glad I never got to a game with Ludwig yet!

Ludwig the super sniper! Posted on [01/08/2014] à 12:55

So how do I track official errata like this?

I am sorry if I am new but "Clem says Ludwig has X for heavy armor" means very little when none of us know who the hell Clem is.

Rich

Ludwig the super sniper! Posted on [01/08/2014] à 17:10

I would suggest that you read the header on this web page……Heroes System Tactical Scale World War 2 Game By Yann & Clem………Clem is one of the designers. Nearly all the support for this game is online, it's the modern way I'm afraid. All corrections are either in this forum on in the download section. Happy reading 😉

Remember, We Have The Right To Arm Bears!

Ludwig the super sniper! Posted on [01/08/2014] à 18:31

Quote from MadMac321 on [01/08/2014] à 12:53

I understand that mistakes happen but speaking for myself I am not in a habit of trolling the internet looking for corrections to a board game. LOL

Welcome to HoN, MadMac. I hope you are enjoying your new game. I sympathize with your situation, as I have a few in my gaming group that will likewise latch onto an obvious benefit like the Ludwig error as well 😉

Given what you said above, how would you suggest that a company get rules updates to a worldwide gaming audience buying their game through a variety of different means (some from Internet sales, some FLGS, some as gifts) when their game is distributed through different wholesalers in different regions)?

My Perspective:

Personally, I have been using the Internet to get FAQ and rules updates for two decades. Granted, not usually for board games but for every other type of gaming (card, miniatures, video). Although I used to play a lot more board games when I was younger, I had been away from the hobby for quite a while and only returned in the last few years.

I would also argue that HoN is closer to a miniatures game than a board game. It has the advantage of not having to assemble and paint all the pieces, which I much prefer at this point in my life. YMMV.

The access method to get the latest information has switched from Usenet news to web pages to forums. The latter is rather full-circle back to a descendant of the old BBS systems but now I am just showing my age 😉 However, in all cases it was some form of digital distribution which was the method for pulling the latest information on a game, including FAQ and Errata.

I do agree that having to wade through an entire forum to find rulings is very time consuming, and I would rather spend my time playing 🙂 It would be great if those making the rulings could add them to a "master list" thread that was sticky and just had a copy of the ruling and a link to the thread for context, but right now DPG is still growing and VERY busy so that is likely a fantasy for a while.

I will add that it would be nice if the errata available in the downloads section included a list of pieces (including punchboard, set, and side) corrected as well as the actual corrected image so it was clearer what part you were correcting without having to go find the information in the forums.

However, there are a lot of good folks here who will be happy to help with questions and folks from DPG are very active on the forums (Yann and Clem are the designers, Axel is the Community Manager). It would be nice if they had some sort of title other than "moderator" to make that clear for new folks (especially now that we have language moderators as well as rules moderators) but such is life.

I would suggest a "Welcome to DPG forums, please read this first" thread with such information as who can deliver rulings and such, but no one ever reads those 😉

Edit to add: Axel actually has information on his profile that says he is the Commmunity Manager, but Clem (and likely Yann) do not. Perhaps they should change their forum profile to include that useful tidbit of information?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Ludwig the super sniper! Posted on [03/08/2014] à 13:04

Quote from MadMac321 on [01/08/2014] à 12:55

So how do I track official errata like this?

I am sorry if I am new but "Clem says Ludwig has X for heavy armor" means very little when none of us know who the hell Clem is.

Rich

Clem and Yann, just happen to be the original game designers… (the ones mentioned on the bottom left corner of the core game) .. that might help persuade most powergamers and rule lawyers.

this

http://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=1018

and

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1158329/collated-list-of-issues-errors

may also help.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

Ludwig the super sniper! Posted on [05/08/2014] à 00:20

Quote from MadMac321

I'm sorry, but that's funny! 😆

Ludwig must have somehow attached a sniper scope to a panzerfaust, and he's extremely far sighted, I guess…poor guy can't tie his shoes, but he sure is hell with that panzerfaust.

Quote from MadMac321

I have gotten 4 new people in my gaming group started and I expect to get more.

But my problem is that they are all miniature wargamers which by their very nature are power gamers. Mistakes like this can break a game in my gaming group.

My buddies and I are wargamers. After doing a double take upon seeing the stats on this counter originally, it took us about 45 seconds to figure it out and proceed. 💡

Quote from Honkingweasel

Can this be right? I took out a Stuart with 1 shot when I hadn't wounded a single infantryman in the preceding 3 turns!

I know it ain't right, and that it's a character flaw in me; but I can't help thinking how I'd have loved to have been there to see that game. You know, to just have been able to sit in a corner nearby, quietly sipping on a tall glass of suds.

I'd have loved to have seen the look on the Stuart players face…"That Ludwig must have a Barrett M82…" :mrgreen:

Young, Rodger W., Private, 148th Infantry, 37th Infantry Division; born Tiffin, Ohio, 28 April 1918; died 31 July 1943, on the island of New Georgia, Solomons, South Pacific, while singlehandedly attacking and destroying an enemy machine-gun pillbox. His platoon had been pinned down by intense fire from this pillbox; Private Young was wounded in the first burst. He crawled toward the pillbox, was wounded a second time but continued to advance, firing his rifle as he did so. He closed on the pillbox, attacked and destroyed it with hand grenades, but in so doing he was wounded a third time and killed. His bold and gallant action in the face of overwhelming odds enabled his teammates to escape without loss; he was awarded posthumously the MEDAL OF HONOR.

Ludwig the super sniper! Posted on [05/08/2014] à 12:45

The better way to track the errata is :

– download errata tokens in Download section

– download last version of the rules/scenario files.

I will make the FAQ file when I finish the new rules and scenario files (scenario booklet from Core box is finished, the rules book in english is near finish, just a question of one pictures, but some works again in french)

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Pages: 1