Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
[DUST] counter errors?
DUST counter errors? Posted on [18/04/2014] à 16:03

Some of the DUST counters have the wrong backs:

– Undamaged "Laser Gewehr" has Op Fire "Laser Werfer" on the back

– "Laser Werfer" has damaged "Laser Gewehr" on the back

Some might have the wrong name on the back, but the right stats(?):

– "Recon Boys" has damaged "Fire Team" on the back

– "SGT BBQ" has damaged "SGT Recon Boys" on the back

– "SGT Recon Boys" has damaged "Sergeant" on the back

One might have the wrong on-hit symbol:

– "Devil's Own" have both the Ambush ability and the flip when hit symbol (not the skull in a red circle) so do they really become Concealed when hit?

DUST counter errors? Posted on [18/04/2014] à 16:29

I guess this is a problem only some people suffer from; http://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=1007

Hopefully you get replacements shipped fast, since I can only guess how annoying problem it can be. I haven't received my shipment yet (Finland) so I'll be sure to check both sides of every single token to make sure its printed correctly, hopefully others do the same.

DUST counter errors? Posted on [18/04/2014] à 16:58

Same here 🙁

It's like the pairs of backs of the Laser Werfer and the Laser Gewehr got swapped

Same problem with the SGT BBQ & SGT Recon Boys, the backs are wrong and swapped.

DUST counter errors? Posted on [18/04/2014] à 18:04

No, it's a print mistake. We will add the fixed tokens in the download section.

– "Recon Boys" has damaged "Fire Team" on the back

– "SGT BBQ" has damaged "SGT Recon Boys" on the back

– "SGT Recon Boys" has damaged "Sergeant" on the back

Only the name is a mistake. stats and illustration are good.

So no need to fix it.

"Devil's Own" have both the Ambush ability and the flip when hit symbol (not the skull in a red circle) so do they really become Concealed when hit?

No, of course. It should have the red skull symbole.

Print and glue…

Undamaged "Laser Gewehr" has Op Fire "Laser Werfer" on the back

– "Laser Werfer" has damaged "Laser Gewehr" on the back

That's the biggest issue.

Two solutions :

Print and glue the fixed face.

or (the best solution for me)

i just tried that and it works perfectly:

delicately peel off the first paper layer of the flat side (the other one is slightly rounded)on both tokens and glue the proper one with white glue. try to not forget to glue it upside down compare to the opposite face

DUST counter errors? Posted on [18/04/2014] à 20:14

Just curious, but are there plans to replace our misprinted tokens (both the DUST and other tokens)?

I say that because I don't have access to a printer that could print the replacement units to a quality that would do the art justice, so it would be shame to have bad quality prints on them.

Sure I could go to a printing company that would print them for me in a good quality, but I'd rather not put even more money out on the game… yet at least. 😉

DUST counter errors? Posted on [18/04/2014] à 22:38

delicately peel off the first paper layer of the flat side (the other one is slightly rounded)on both tokens and glue the proper one with white glue. try to not forget to glue it upside down compare to the opposite face

Job done!

It was surprisingly easy: the paper is strong enough to peel after you use a thumbnail to tweak up a corner.

The other things I can live with, now I know it's just the name and the symbol that's wrong.

Thanks for the fix!

EDIT: make sure to pick the red shield back for the red shield front as well as to put the back on upside down.

DUST counter errors? Posted on [19/04/2014] à 10:31

Yes we'ee Thinking on a way to replace missed tokens. But it will not be before Fès months.

DUST counter errors? Posted on [19/04/2014] à 10:49

I guess once all the mistakes have been recognised you could release a punch board/boards with the corrections. But yes in the meantime printing and replacing will get us gaming.

What kind of paper would people recommend to best blend in with everything else? For tokens like Santa and nurse I was thinking of using foam board, easy to cut and trim to shape.

Aftermath Gaming Club and Diceni

DUST counter errors? Posted on [24/04/2014] à 09:42

A small completely cosmetic error was on my dust board for the *unteroffiziere* (I think) where the icons for their abilities (like 'laser gun' and 'assault') were printed on top of other icons…

Overall the misprints are minor and easy to fix. Now if only I could get my hands on some order tokens (my game came without them) :p

DUST counter errors? Posted on [24/04/2014] à 16:17

i have mounted my marie counters on those small bits of offcuts that some of the punchboards have, e.g. farmhouse punchboard.

obviously the right thickness etc. but so far i only found one piece large enough for the hero recuitment counter, but plenty for gaming hero tokens

cutting the cardboard is not too hard with a pair of scissors, its never going to be the finest edge ever but certainly fine for gaming

[DUST] counter errors? Posted on [22/02/2016] à 05:03

Sorry to Necro this thread but I had to say thanks.

I just got my hands on a DUST set of tokens. Someone had punched theirs and then didn't want them. So I picked them up for a very reasonable price. I thought I was missing something on the Recon Boys and SGT BBQ. Then I found this thread.

Few moments with a Sharpie and most of the errors are fixed. LOL

Now the real question, do I attempt the peal process Clem suggests for the "Laser Gewehr" and "Laser Werfer"? 😯

We shall see. LOL

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

[DUST] counter errors? Posted on [22/02/2016] à 21:49

What's the tokens like or is it for use with SoN.

[DUST] counter errors? Posted on [22/02/2016] à 23:19

Quote from Newbie1994 on [22/02/2016] à 21:49

What's the tokens like or is it for use with SoN.

They are like the normal HoN tokens except they are units from the DUST setting. They are set up so you could add them to HoN or SoN for fun. But they also come with some rules so you could just play a DUST vs DUST game.

The one thing that is different from the DUST and the HoN/SoN is that the DUST does not come with Recruitment Tiles.

[DUST] counter errors? Posted on [23/02/2016] à 09:05

Hi,

Sorry for hijacking the thread, will there ever be anymore HoN'ified Dust tokens released?

/Kalle

[DUST] counter errors? Posted on [23/02/2016] à 15:25

Quote from kalin on [23/02/2016] à 09:05

Hi,

Sorry for hijacking the thread, will there ever be anymore HoN'ified Dust tokens released?

/Kalle

When I asked this about a month ago (in an email) I was told it is not something in play. I think we have received what we are going to from the DUST back ground for the foreseeable future.

[DUST] counter errors? Posted on [23/02/2016] à 15:48

That is unfortunate, I really like the weird ww2 universe of Dust. Ahh, well then I just need to create my own tokens.

/Kalle

[DUST] counter errors? Posted on [23/02/2016] à 17:09

Quote from kalin on [23/02/2016] à 15:48

That is unfortunate, I really like the weird ww2 universe of Dust. Ahh, well then I just need to create my own tokens.

/Kalle

Great minds think alike. I have a folder on my computer and I keep an eye out for top down photos or drawings of various DUST vehicles. I figured during the summer I would take a break and do some fun things like building my own DUST tokens to go with the boards I have right now. LOL

[DUST] counter errors? Posted on [23/02/2016] à 17:36

Hint, my avatar 😉

I just need to redo the flamer guy with a winter camo and cap and change the death symbol to a turn over symbol, then I got the Hero Stefan finished.

/Kalle

[DUST] counter errors? Posted on [24/02/2016] à 18:30

I think a few dust counters are going on the UK eBay.

[DUST] counter errors? Posted on [24/02/2016] à 19:39

Quote from Newbie1994 on [24/02/2016] à 18:30

I think a few dust counters are going on the UK eBay.

They must be marked UK only because they don't show up on the International Search.

Pages: 1 2