Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Dreamland gate
Dreamland gate Posted on [24/05/2017] à 08:19

Does the dreamland gate force Mythos manifestation to take terror test when using the gate?

Usually Mythos manifestation units are immune to terror checks, but using the Dreamland gate is not usual kind of terror check (it is made even if there are no suppression marker on the unit). So I think the special rule (some special terror checks affect even Mythos manifestation) might kick in here?

I think the Dreamland gate might be too powerful ability if Mythos manifestations could use it without any risk.

My current game has the Nyarlathotep unit with Dreamlands gate option and if they can move anywhere in the map without any risk, they might already be too powerful unit. I did not think of this when I was building the army.

I'm leaning on the side of forcing even the servitors to take the terror test when using the dreamlands gate… But what is the official stance on this?

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Dreamland gate Posted on [24/05/2017] à 18:13

My first impulse is "it does not cause a terror attack unless it specifically states it breaks the normal rules and causes a terror attack on mythos units".

But I have sent a query to DPG for clarification.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Dreamland gate Posted on [05/06/2017] à 08:37

I played the game with the assumption that Mythos manifestations do not need to make terror checks for using the dreamland gate. It makes the gate really useful for the Black sun units (esp. the servitors and such).

The british and polish paratroopers were unimpressed of the mythos manifestation attack. Stiff upper lip, keep calm and carry on and so on…

Even with the surprise attack through dreamland gate the mythos units failed.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Dreamland gate Posted on [16/06/2017] à 15:53

I confirm that if your unit is a Mythos Manifestation, there is no Terror check, even if your Mythos manifestation value is 0.

The solution to avoid any invasion by the gate is to occupy the four spaces around this gate.

This recruitment option is a customisation, only the character with this option can use it, not the unit near him.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Pages: 1