Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
Questions
Questions Posted on [26/06/2017] à 02:52

Played scenario #1 today and two questions came up…

TOTEMS (p.16, 1st column)

1. Are totems placed at the start or end of the supply phase? It doesn't say and it could matter in regards to the direction you might want to move units.

TERROR(p.10, second column)

2. When making a terror test and their are multiple mythos manifestations you roll vs the highest value. What happens if you are rolling vs multiple manifestations with the same number? Are you testing vs the closest or just choose one?

2a. This came up because we had a Majestic unit with two units around it, one two squares and the other four, it failed its roll and drew fear. We needed to determine which way it would move.

2b. In scenario #1 the Majestic player has to get units off the Deep Ones board edge, in this case a unit under the effects of fear would still be eliminated and NOT count as one of the four units to reach that edge correct?

2c. Does a unit that draws fear move around zones of control? If not would it be destroyed if caused to do so like what happens during a retreat in an assault (p.7)?

2d. Would a unit with fear move closer to the terror causing unit to end up further away, at the end of its move, by going around terrain that would slow it down?

Questions Posted on [29/06/2017] à 21:44

Buildings. Page 12, bottom of second column.

Picture shows two units, both in buildings, having LoS to each other.

Text directly below says, "in order to fire on a unit inside a building, that unit must be on a space directly adjacent to an opening."

I'm guessing they are trying to say that the unit you are shooting at must be adjacent to an opening, not the unit that is shooting?

Questions Posted on [29/06/2017] à 21:47

Along with the above.

Can you shoot through a building if not crossing walls? In other words, if I have LoS through two windows to a unit on the other side is there any penalty to shoot at it?

Questions Posted on [29/06/2017] à 23:53

Quote from file_13_2002@yahoo.com on [29/06/2017] à 21:47

Along with the above.

Can you shoot through a building if not crossing walls? In other words, if I have LoS through two windows to a unit on the other side is there any penalty to shoot at it?

No.

You can only shoot into the space just on the other side of an opening. You cannot shoot through a building.

Sorry on the rest of it, I have to dig into my SoN rules to check on those, I have not played SoN in a while. Nothing against the system, but I have been enjoying HoN too much 😉

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Questions Posted on [30/06/2017] à 02:44

No problem. Thanks.

Questions Posted on [30/06/2017] à 08:03

Updating this with corrections

Ok. I have to "eat some crow" here. I was wrong on a couple of assumptions. They are in RED to ensure folks see the correct version.

Quote from file_13_2002@yahoo.com on [26/06/2017] à 02:52

Played scenario #1 today and two questions came up…

TOTEMS (p.16, 1st column)

1. Are totems placed at the start or end of the supply phase? It doesn't say and it could matter in regards to the direction you might want to move units.

TERROR(p.10, second column)

2. When making a terror test and their are multiple mythos manifestations you roll vs the highest value. What happens if you are rolling vs multiple manifestations with the same number? Are you testing vs the closest or just choose one?

2a. This came up because we had a Majestic unit with two units around it, one two squares and the other four, it failed its roll and drew fear. We needed to determine which way it would move.

2b. In scenario #1 the Majestic player has to get units off the Deep Ones board edge, in this case a unit under the effects of fear would still be eliminated and NOT count as one of the four units to reach that edge correct?

2c. Does a unit that draws fear move around zones of control? If not would it be destroyed if caused to do so like what happens during a retreat in an assault (p.7)?

2d. Would a unit with fear move closer to the terror causing unit to end up further away, at the end of its move, by going around terrain that would slow it down?

I wrote a whole long piece to answer all of these questions… and the website ate it. Apparently dark forces do not want me to answer.

I have email into DPG to cover a few of these.

The Scenario rules beat the Special Ability rules in this case. If they run off the board on the correct edge, they still count.

I think the Totems are placed after all Supply Phase movement (based on the modified Supply Phase text in the SoN rules included in the Compendium). Still awaiting confirmation on this one.

Units would not move closer to a terrifying manifestation. If they suffer from Fear they run away from the manifestation.

As for ZoC and terrain that gets into a grey area. Based on the forced movement rules as seen in v1.0 of the rules, they would be affected by ZoC and terrain, just as a unit forced to flee an Assault.

In v2.0 of the rules, it is different. Fear allows a unit to ignore ZoC and even most terrain modifiers to movement. The fleeing unit may not pass through enemy units or over impassable terrain.

In either case, if the unit cannot flee its full distance, it is destroyed.

If you are rolling for Terror and there are multiple possible sources, then your opponent gets to choose which of their units is the source.

Sorry this is short and not full of my usual rules quotes and such, but I am not typing that all back in at 2AM.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Questions Posted on [30/06/2017] à 08:06

Quote from file_13_2002@yahoo.com on [29/06/2017] à 21:44

Buildings. Page 12, bottom of second column.

Picture shows two units, both in buildings, having LoS to each other.

Text directly below says, "in order to fire on a unit inside a building, that unit must be on a space directly adjacent to an opening."

I'm guessing they are trying to say that the unit you are shooting at must be adjacent to an opening, not the unit that is shooting?

You are correct. It is a property of English which is less precise than French. the unit that must be adjacent to an opening is the target unit.

Questions Posted on [30/06/2017] à 22:04

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [30/06/2017] à 08:03

In v2.0 of the rules, it is different. Fear allows a unit to ignore ZoC and even most terrain modifiers to movement. The fleeing unit may not pass through enemy units or over impassable terrain.

But they still would be affected by any suppression tokens on them correct?

Also, do they move directly away from or just away from the unit causing the fear? I guess to much miniature gaming is kicking in here.

Questions Posted on [30/06/2017] à 23:22

Quote from file_13_2002@yahoo.com on [30/06/2017] à 22:04

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [30/06/2017] à 08:03

But they still would be affected by any suppression tokens on them correct?

Also, do they move directly away from or just away from the unit causing the fear? I guess to much miniature gaming is kicking in here.

When you apply a Madness token, you remove Suppressed tokens from the unit, so the answer to suppressed markers would be "Not Applicable" 😉

The rules say "away", so not closer. You are counting spaces between them as you would for range, not movement.

Oh, and I managed to forget an important bit: When you are rolling for Terror and there are multiple sources, your opponent gets to choose which source you use.

In fact, DPG stated that your opponent resolving such a tie should be considered a new general rule.

Oh, I updated my previous post now that I have some info from DPG.

Questions Posted on [30/06/2017] à 23:32

Right, overlooked the suppression token being removed. Looking forward for the rest of the answers.

Thank you.

Pages: 1 2