Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[V2.x] Is the rulebook going to be updated?
[HoN v2.0] Is the rulebook going to be updated? Posted on [07/08/2017] à 05:10

Ok. Now I have an official posting to work from so here is the latest thoughts from DPG on the availability of v2.0 rules.

NOTE: This is not yet finalized, as DPG is still trying to work out the details. There is also no promised timeline for any of this. There are still outstanding projects that need to be addressed and the update will go through the queue like everything else.

And as always, this is a rough translation from my understanding of the Google-translated French text. Any errors are likely mine.

As I have mentioned before, the v2 rules will eventually be available in downloadable PDFs. That is updates for the Base box books, 1 for each scenario pack, and 1 for each punchboard that requires it.

The Compendium (without the artbook) may be available for sale as an iOS or Android app. That will include keyword-level pop-ups, links to reference pages, and other features to make it a dynamic document linked to your account. This is still a theoretical thing.

So you can pick up a digital version of the Compendium if you want to pay for it, but otherwise you can download the v2 rules to update your existing 1.x materials.

As for time frame, Axel did mention that he hoped to have it done in time for the History Game Paris Open.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[HoN v2.0] Is the rulebook going to be updated? Posted on [07/08/2017] à 07:55

Thanks Nostradunwhich, it is exactly that, but I want to precise something. I want to prepare the rule files in pdf for beginning of September. It will be hard to success to do it but I will try.

Concerning the dynamic version (like dynamic book sold on the Apple Store), we are at the step of finding all the necessary informations, so no schedule.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

[HoN v2.0] Is the rulebook going to be updated? Posted on [09/02/2018] à 14:45

Great news!

Please make sure that whatever digital formats the HoN (and HoBR) rules are made available in are searchable and have high resolution images!

[HoN v2.0] Is the rulebook going to be updated? Posted on [09/02/2018] à 21:52

Whoah, I just ordered a compendium. Will that be a wasted purchase that is out of date when rules 2.0 pdf hits?

[HoN v2.0] Is the rulebook going to be updated? Posted on [09/02/2018] à 23:19

Quote from DanielTobin on [09/02/2018] à 21:52

Whoah, I just ordered a compendium. Will that be a wasted purchase that is out of date when rules 2.0 pdf hits?

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [07/08/2017] à 05:10

So you can pick up a digital version of the Compendium if you want to pay for it, but otherwise you can download the v2 rules to update your existing 1.x materials.

The Compendium is the first printing of the V2.0 rules. However, DPG eventually plans to rewrite all the existing rules books (Core, D-Day, Carentan, Pegasus, St. Mere) to bring them up to V2.0, which was what was being discussed in this thread.

This is also covered in the Product Index:

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [11/06/2015] à 19:51

Rules

* Core Rules, v1.2b (PDF download)

* Compendium, v2.0 – Printings: 2017(LE)

As well as a post I just made 10 minutes before yours:

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [09/02/2018] à 22:51

This section (RULES V2) is for the discussion of Heroes System Tactical Scale(tm) v2.0 rules mechanics, which currently are only available in the Heroes of Normandy Compendium.

So I will update the title of that one to make it more clear.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[HoN v2.0] Is the rulebook going to be updated? Posted on [10/02/2018] à 00:01

Quote from DanielTobin on [09/02/2018] à 21:52

I'm happy to have both, and certainly don't want that kind of thinking to lead game publishes to avoid making PDFs available for fear of loosing business.

Pages: 1