Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[Official] Older sets are Out of Print
Older sets are Out of Print Posted on [15/08/2017] à 20:05

Hey Folks,

I have previously mentioned that the original "single punchboard" expansions are now officially out of print.

I have just found out that the Army Boxes will not be reprinted either.

That does not mean the material included in them will never be seen again, but no guarantee as to when or how they may show up again.

So if you have been considering one, you might want to grab it while you can 😉

Out of Print:

Wittman

1st SS Panzergrenadiere

21st/German Reinforcements

US Rangers

Alt US Rifle Platoon

UK Heavy Weapons Platoon

Canadian Platoon

Lord Lovat v1

Extra Units

Extra Terrain 2

Fortified Farm

US Army Box

UK Army Box

German Army Box

I have updated the Unofficial Product List to indicate Out of Print items.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Older sets are Out of Print Posted on [15/08/2017] à 23:27

Which of these are the best to have, in terms of adding content that isn't found elsewhere?

One that stands out is the Wittman one, which adds some real unique options like Tigers, an 88, blitzkrieg and initiative.

The Army Boxes add lots of options and I guess you can't really play as Commonwealth forces without the cards that come in the box.

Some seem a little redundant, like the Alt. U.S. Rifle Platoon.

Older sets are Out of Print Posted on [16/08/2017] à 03:36

Quote from Vain Melody on [15/08/2017] à 23:27

Which of these are the best to have, in terms of adding content that isn't found elsewhere?

The army boxes come with a nice mix of units to "flesh out" your forces and give you more options. Each box gives you a full Armor squadron, which is not redundant with the forces found in the 4th, 7th, or 1st Armor blister packs. I would recommend getting the Army boxes if you don't have them.

However, in the case of the German and US boxes they come with a redundant set of Order tokens and dice. In the case of the Commonwealth box they come with some very necessary parts, such as a set of Order tokens, dice, and Action cards 😉 You got the use of the CW Army Box spot on.

The rest depend on what you are looking to add. If you are planning on getting a majority of forces and are interested in US troops, the US Ranger board goes well with Miller's Rangers (if you can get hold of it or are willing to print it up) and that gives you some elite troops with better training than the average soldier. Although it is not confirmed, the Compendium hints at Rangers getting special training cards in the future — but that could be a reprint of the same platoon that is on the single board, so that may or may not be a reason to buy the old board. You can look at old versus new Lord Lovat to see what might happen 😉

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Older sets are Out of Print Posted on [16/08/2017] à 16:28

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [16/08/2017] à 03:36

… in the case of the German and US boxes they come with a redundant set of Order tokens and dice. …

Funny enough, I want extra Order/Dice because I really want to try this game with more than 2 players. I suppose you could just make your own tokens and use any old dice, but the official engraved dice and divisional images on the tokens look very,very nice.

Older sets are Out of Print Posted on [16/08/2017] à 17:07

The single sheets I can understand going out of print but the army boxes are a principle component of the HoN game.

The only reason I could see them not reprinting them is if they where restructuring the packaging or bundling of this content. We know they have faith in the line as they are proceeding with intentions of kickstarting HoS.

Maybe they are wanting to make HoB, HoS, and HoN army boxes of uniform size and design. Also they was talk of new cards and updated rules (Commonweath comes with a deck). Also there is staff coming on board to handle organised play so perhaps that is an element in this. Me I am super excited about organised play.

Its an interesting development to be certain.

Older sets are Out of Print Posted on [16/08/2017] à 18:25

This seems in line with the rumored HoN 2.0 storyline. New main box, new army boxes, etc. As with the thread on a new 2.0 set, I'd either like to see no new content, or completely new content in any refactored army boxes. While Lovat 2.0 works fairly well with the original, there was enough duplication to feel a bit frustrating.

Personally, I'd hope they still keep the same box dimensions, as my personal storage system relies heavily on them, and I've been awaiting new ones since they're about full.

In the meantime, for those who don't have them, I'd definitely suggest tracking the army boxes down if you do more then play published scenarios.

Older sets are Out of Print Posted on [16/08/2017] à 20:37

yes, we are restructuring the army boxes and single punchboards, because they were not good products for shop (especially the single punchboards).

We want to continue to provide this game elements. Uniformizing HoN and SoN, yes, but HoBR won't have the same design (except if we completely use the HoBR design as the new design for all the products).

Concerning Lovat, we could make a V2 because a good-sized army for commando is a good idea, but we cannot multiply everything with the risk to have 2 times the same thing with only new colors. But, maybe Yann and Clem will find new interesting platoons to make 😉

En recherche de stage maquettiste

[Official] Older sets are Out of Print Posted on [22/07/2018] à 05:34

I see that the Battleground sets 2 & 3 are showing as out of print in the DPG store- does this mean they are gone for good, or will they be reprinted?

[Official] Older sets are Out of Print Posted on [22/07/2018] à 22:12

Quote from Vain Melody on [15/08/2017] à 23:27

One that stands out is the Wittman one, which adds some real unique options like Tigers, an 88, blitzkrieg and initiative.

The Army Boxes add lots of options and I guess you can't really play as Commonwealth forces without the cards that come in the box.

Some seem a little redundant, like the Alt. U.S. Rifle Platoon.

I am with you 100% on the Wittmann expansion. I looked high and low for a copy and finally found one. It is a neat addition to any HoN collection.

[Official] Older sets are Out of Print Posted on [23/07/2018] à 15:04

@ TwoHands

Except particular situation, when an expansion is out of stock, it is now definitively.

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Pages: 1