Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Achtung Chthulhu Scenarios
Achtung Chthulhu Scenarios Posted on [31/08/2017] à 11:13

Now that the Compendium and Desert Wrath have arrived I am keen to play SoN.

Despite my frustration over delays and the whole email verification process adding delays. I verified with DPG but my first one from Meeples was in August despite what DPG say. I think Meeples were covering their own resource issues by just saying they had not had verification.

Having cleared the air (almost) I would like to thank all at DPG for the final product its attention to detail and quality are superb. The translation quirks are not a great problem although French grammar rules creeping in does mean it takes longer to absorb a rule. (I have offered to help proof read the English rules but they have not taken me up on that yet and now its probably too late)

I had not realised there was so much content for SoN and finally found all the missing KS rules and scenarios in the download area.

It would be great if we had an English translation of the Achtung Chthuhlu Scenarios. If you look at the download counts English versions are downloaded by 10 x as many or more. Why would you want to miss out on keeping this audience interested , there is a lot of good games out there to choose from!

If you are not going to translate something as basic to SoN as the AC Scenarios (why just the rules and options) then at least do not protect the PDF so that we cannot cut and paste into a translator.

Please translate them or at least publish a PDF that allows us to cut and paste the text.

EDIT I am referring to the latest version that utilises the SoN Lost Battalion rules and units.

The first version was produced before the Hero Tiles and they don't match the actual ones. It needs rebalancing for the latest rules and Heroes.

Achtung Chthulhu Scenarios Posted on [31/08/2017] à 14:20

There are two campaigns for A C. One uses the kickstarter A C stuff, the other combines A C stuff with Mythos Call One and Civilians.

Both are available as download in French. Both have been translated into English.

An earlier translation of the first campaign can be found attached to the rules here :

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/dlm_download/english-achtung-cthulhu-rules-2/

The second campaign has been translated as well but apparently got overlooked and hasn't been posted on the site.

Will inquire.

Achtung Chthulhu Scenarios Posted on [31/08/2017] à 17:43

I have the first one but it is unbalanced now with the new rule changes:-

No longer put suppress markers in Madness bag. Minimum 1 suppress per spell plus other rule changes and the Hero recruitment tiles are totally different than the ones in the download PDF.

I would love to see it updated.

The newer one the, second one looks like it takes advantage of the components in SoN however if you go to down loads the French one includes the Scenarios. The English one only has the rules but no scenarios. The most important part ofis missing as most of the rules were in Lost Battalion and definitely in the Compendium. If you read the original post I said the same thing.

I looked through all downloads but the English versions are not posted.

Check the 3rd one is the issue the scenarios are only in the 4th one but in French.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/downloads/shadows-of-normandie/rulebooks/

BOOKS

Cthulhu Mythos Call 1 : règles et scénarios (Beta)

Cthulhu Mythos Call 1 scenarios & rules (Beta)

Achtung! Cthulhu Rules

Achtung! Cthulhu Règles et scénarios

As you can see no scenarios for the newer English Version of AC.

EDIT

Just Loaded on a PC and found out the French rules plus scenarios is a scan to pdf document:( It would really help if the author printed his digital copy to pdf then I may be able to convert it using a translator.

Achtung Chthulhu Scenarios Posted on [31/08/2017] à 20:10

Quote from Moomer on [31/08/2017] à 14:20

There are two campaigns for A C. One uses the kickstarter A C stuff, the other combines A C stuff with Mythos Call One and Civilians.

Both are available as download in French. Both have been translated into English.

An earlier translation of the first campaign can be found attached to the rules here :

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/dlm_download/english-achtung-cthulhu-rules-2/

The second campaign has been translated as well but apparently got overlooked and hasn't been posted on the site.

Will inquire.

Hi @Moomer

Thanks I missed your reply look forward to you tracking it down. 😛

Achtung Chthulhu Scenarios Posted on [31/08/2017] à 21:52

Quote from starman on [31/08/2017] à 11:13

If you are not going to translate something as basic to SoN as the AC Scenarios (why just the rules and options) then at least do not protect the PDF so that we cannot cut and paste into a translator.

I am not sure what you mean by "basic". If you mean "pre-cursor" then you have hit it right on the head. If you mean "key element" then I must admit I don't see it.

The A!C stuff was originally developed as a sort of "beta project" — a first shot at mixing HoN with A!C from Modiphius. As such, it was a rather different vision of the game system than we have now. During development of SoN from "expansion for HoN" to "full game system" the rules mechanics have significantly changed not once but twice (first to the v1.0 SoN rules, and then v2.0 HSTS rules).

It was nice of DPG to update the text to v1.0 to allow you to use the boards with SoN, but I guess I am trying to say that it was an experimental project and I am not surprised that it has not seen a significant expenditure in resources to restructure it up to this point, especially considering there are two other games in development now that the Compendium is finished. For that matter, it was not worth even looking at the A!C stuff once v2.0 of the HSTS system was started.

DPG could well re-visit the material at some point. Only time will tell. We are seeing Deadman show up again in the Shadow Hunters pre-order for instance.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Achtung Chthulhu Scenarios Posted on [01/09/2017] à 00:14

Considering SoN is based on A!C and the theme is important to many not us who backed this I would call it basic as in fundamental. Especially as DPG mad e a big splash of the connection. You may not realise for fans of such systems A!C , Start Track, Warhammer 40k it is referred to as lore.

I think you may be confusing what I am asking for , there is an update to the orighinal A!C A!C utilising the 2.0 rules and SoN components but not available in English.

Hopefully they will post the translation of the A!C 2.0 scenarios that were done but not posted. Shame only French speakers can benefit and the rest of us 75% of backers , who bought SoN aren't worth the effort.

Shadow Hunters

As for Shadow Hunters considering it was announced after I had already waited almost 3 years and still not received Desert Wrath (also I hadn't discovered the other promised material in the downloads area at that time) so I wasn't about to risk more money. Why can't DPG email us with links to the digital only content that was part of nthe KS , when it is available, they are keen to send us lots of emails on new product but to be honest I find that a turn off when I haven't received content physical and digital I paid for years ago.

Now I have received most of it and Shadow Hunters is part of the Lore I would like it but its too late.

To me A!C and SoN are linked and to say it was just an experiment seems crazy as clearly it led to SoN and surely it was the positive reaction of adding it to HoN that led to developing SoN.

Achtung Chthulhu Scenarios Posted on [01/09/2017] à 04:29

Sorry, I think we are still not discussing the same thing. I will try again.

Shadows Over Normandie is a melding of Achtung! Cthulhu and HoN. All the lore and background from Modiphius' product is in SoN. Gduprez is apparently a big fan and a driving force on ensuring that this is true 🙂

When I was talking about A!C, I was talking only about the physical product — the few punchboards of tokens and the 3 terrain boards that was the original A!C "cross-over" package. That is much like the Devil Boy, Guardians, or Dust "cross-overs". Little extras for the fans to run with and use in their own scenarios.

I am not dismissing the influence of A!C the RPG in SoN. I am saying that trying to make increasingly out of date tokens work with the evolved SoN system is perhaps not worth a lot of cycles (in my personal opinion). I am not suggesting they no longer have a place in SoN. The various forces from those boards have begun getting updated versions compatible with the full SoN system which shows the characters and story are definitely still a part of the game.

As to the rest…

I am sorry you missed the notices posted here such as [CALL ONE] SCENARIOS AVAILABLE about the downloadable stuff. Glad you have it now.

When SoN and HoN shared one forum it was a bit more obvious that new stuff was being posted to the downloads section, but since the forums were split I left some of the announcements in the HoN section and edited out the SoN references. I meant to duplicate the information in the SoN section but apparently failed to do some of it. I did keep the information updated in the Unofficial Product Index for SoN, so you could have checked on products there to see information about downloadable extras. I do see that I need to update some of those entries now that Resupply Wave 2 has been released!

As it says on all DPG products, visit their website for updated and additional material.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Achtung Chthulhu Scenarios Posted on [01/09/2017] à 21:24

The A!C scenarios were updated for SoN components along with the rules but the scenarios were only published in the French version even though DPG have the English translations. Check the SoN downloads.

Achtung Chthulhu Scenarios Posted on [05/01/2018] à 15:22

The missing campaign two is retrieved.

Check the news section. Updated rulebook and both campaigns.

The first campain was posted in Betaversion long ago.

The second campaign was only posted in French.

So now you have both in English.

Chronology : Campaign 1 happens after campaign 2.

Why :

Campaign 1 was part of A/C

The necessary stuff for campaign 2, Cthulhu mythos call 1 and Civilians under fire, was published later and hence not yet available when A/C appeared.

Pages: 1