Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Question for EU players
Question for EU players Posted on [06/11/2017] à 20:15

I just saw a video from Actualol about his Essen trip and he mentioned that he had forgotten a playmat in his hotel, and was expecting to pay 15 Euros to have it shipped from Essen to London. Is that because it was likely odd-sized or a bit heavy or is that a base cost to ship within the EU?

I ask because there have been so many complaints about shipping costs but I have no experience with shipping things from within the EU.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Question for EU players Posted on [06/11/2017] à 22:15

See attached link for shipping costs of DHL to GB.

https://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden/pakete-versenden/weltweit-versenden/laenderseiten/grossbritannien.html

15€ seems OK to me. You can see shipping rates in the two most right columns.

Question for EU players Posted on [06/11/2017] à 22:23

Shipping a simple mail from a country to another is quite OK, less than 3€ I guess and perhaps 1,50€ with slow shipping.

But for a parcel it cost higher: I think 15€ it's tha base fee from France to Belgium, for example.

Question for EU players Posted on [06/11/2017] à 23:10

Thank you for helping clear that up. Do any of you buy from the Webstore here? How is the shipping charged by DPG versus the usual shipping you have to pay in the EU?

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Question for EU players Posted on [07/11/2017] à 06:28

I bought a lot in the web store and via Kickstarter.

For the upcoming Shadow Hunters expansion I was charged 12€ which is ok I think.

Question for EU players Posted on [07/11/2017] à 09:50

National shipping of packages for me, in Belgium, is at least €4. Once you cross the border, it goes up easily to €7 or €10 at least. More is even more common.

Devil Pig charges about €10 for shipping from France to Belgium… Which is very okay. I bought about 70% of my collection via the DPG webshop. Shipping pricing is okay. Not cheap, but not too expensive for me… I always try to order for at least €100 so that shipping drops to free shipping. 🙄 😎

Plus, most of the DPG stuff is rather rare in local webshops and all but non existent FLGS.

I like the lifetime reduction you get once your orders reach a certain level. It's nice touch from Devil Pig and binds customers in a nice way.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Question for EU players Posted on [07/11/2017] à 16:24

I appreciate the help understanding shipping in the EU. I am hoping this thread will help answer concerns that have been expressed sometimes with regard to DPG shipping costs.

I fear some very large companies (such as Amazon), which use geographically dispersed warehouses to cut shipping costs, have altered people's perception of the cost of shipping.

Question for EU players Posted on [09/11/2017] à 13:38

UK shipping for a reasonable sized box was Euro 14 or 15 – not too bad

Question for EU players Posted on [15/11/2017] à 23:13

I've never thought that DPG shipping (to UK for me) was excessive, seems to be about the going rate outside of the really big internet players.

I fear some very large companies (such as Amazon), which use geographically dispersed warehouses to cut shipping costs, have altered people's perception of the cost of shipping.

Strongly agree.

For full disclosure I get the full DPG loyalty discount so that usually covers any postage now anyway 😉

Pages: 1