Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Desert Wrath issues
Rulebook Issues. Posted on [20/12/2017] à 17:20

Desert Wrath's description for (Level 1) has a caption below it written in french that I think may itself be a rule. Can you tell me what the caption should have said (in english)?

Desert Wrath issues Posted on [22/12/2017] à 06:49

Page numbers are generally helpful when posting a book error.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Desert Wrath issues Posted on [22/12/2017] à 17:36

In page 5 under spells.

Some special abylities and recruit options can reduce the penalty of spells. This penalty can't be less 1 suppressed.

L’esclave dyslexique plus vraiment à mi-temps

Desert Wrath issues Posted on [22/12/2017] à 17:53

Great, thank you. I had thought it might say that for each Level up you reduce any penalties by 1. Correction appreciated.

Desert Wrath issues Posted on [22/12/2017] à 18:32

If you run into something like that while playing and have a computer handy, you can always go to https://translate.google.com/

I am not excusing the error, just pointing out a useful tool… Google's understanding of French is pretty good 🙂

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Desert Wrath issues Posted on [24/12/2017] à 19:00

There is also an axis vehicle (if I may use that term) with a symbol of 4 green diagonal bars on it. I believe this is the german's NCO symbol (equivalent to the chevron), but this is not made clear in the rules. Doesn't come up in any of my HoN rule sets either, until issue 6 of DP News, and that makes it pretty obscure.

And yeah, I've used google translate a lot with the various scenarios I've downloaded. Posting is as much to make DPG aware of the oversight as it is to double check what is there. 💡

Desert Wrath issues Posted on [17/01/2018] à 21:06

Quote from Kingprawn on [24/12/2017] à 19:00

There is also an axis vehicle (if I may use that term) with a symbol of 4 green diagonal bars on it. I believe this is the german's NCO symbol (equivalent to the chevron), but this is not made clear in the rules. Doesn't come up in any of my HoN rule sets either, until issue 6 of DP News, and that makes it pretty obscure.

And yeah, I've used google translate a lot with the various scenarios I've downloaded. Posting is as much to make DPG aware of the oversight as it is to double check what is there. 💡

Desert Wrath was developed along with v2.0 of the HSTS rules, so it includes some new mechanisms such as NCOs. Hopefully there will be a v2.0 rulebook coming along which will include such info in it.

I must admit that looking through the punchboard pictures, I do not see a vehicle with NCO marking on it. Can you please tell me what vehicle?

Desert Wrath issues Posted on [17/01/2018] à 21:31

Black Sun SDKFz 247 AUSF B

Desert Wrath issues Posted on [18/01/2018] à 00:32

Thanks! Don't know why I completely missed that the first time through.

Although I will take exception with the word "diagonal" in your description, since they are horizontal bars 😉

Yes, that is the NCO ability. That has been mentioned elsewhere in the boards, IIRC…

Yes, although I could not find it with a search for "NCO" but had to search for "Sergeant" 🙂 It actually goes all the way back to Gazette #3, where it was introduced as an ability of Easy Company. DPG has since rolled that into the game as a whole with Gazette #6 adding the generic NCO's to include in the various armies to take advantage of the abilities.

As I said, it is now a general part of the game, so is part of v2.0 and thus is in DW. Gazette #6 will give you all the rules you need, so if you have that you are all set.

Pages: 1