Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
What about the Eldar?
Space Marine chapters? Posted on [16/03/2018] à 14:34

The Eldar are basically SpaceElves. They are an ancient race that has been around when the humans still lived in trees.

The Eldar have high level of technology (their tanks are all anti-grav for example).

The Eldar live in various space faring city-ships called Craftworlds and the way they fight depends on the Craftworld they come from. Since we do not know which Craftworld the HoBR Eldar hail from, I cannot guess what kind of force they will have.

The ground troops are divided into 2 classes:

The Guardians are ordinary Eldar that have picked up a rifle to fight for their Craftworld. They are about the same as Imperial Guard soldier.

The Aspect Warriors are Eldar trained in one of the Shrines to excel in one aspect of warfare. Some specialize in close combat (Striking Scorpions and Howling Banshees), some in anti-armour warfare (Fire Dragons) or Heavy weapons (Dark Reapers). Some are not as specialized, but more of Jack-of-all-trades (Dire Avengers). Some like to move fast and attack from the air (Swooping Hawks). So the Aspect Warriors are the best combat troops the Eldar have.

A third type of soldiers are the Dead Eldar, whose spirits have been trapped in Soul Stones that are installed in robotic frames(Wraithguards and Wraithlords).

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Will we see Eldar? Posted on [16/03/2018] à 19:54

(Moving Eldar to their own thread from the Space Marines thread)

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Will we see Eldar? Posted on [16/03/2018] à 20:19

Eldar's have already been confirmed so yay for SPHESS ELVES!

It would be SUUUPER sweat to see a single Eldar unit to see how they look and "play" compared to the other factions – they sound pretty cool. I would love to hear some lore and stuff about these guys- the whole craftworlds and such, etc.

Maybe we could even guess what the different units would have in stats and what not xD *daydreams*

Will we see Eldar? Posted on [16/03/2018] à 22:28

We will begin to develop Eldars later next year. We are currently on the Chaos, then we have the choice between Imperial Guard, Mechanicum, Imperial Fist who were involved on Eagle Gate.

But, yes, we will develop Eldars and Tyranid. Here the plan currently (may move along the time).

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Will we see Eldar? Posted on [16/03/2018] à 23:49

Quote from Axel on [16/03/2018] à 22:28

We will begin to develop Eldars later next year. We are currently on the Chaos, then we have the choice between Imperial Guard, Mechanicum, Imperial Fist who were involved on Eagle Gate.

But, yes, we will develop Eldars and Tyranid. Here the plan currently (may move along the time).

Awesome! Now I need to learn about them as well xD

Sounds like we will get Chaos this year then possibly, but I am guessing late this year if at all. Would be great to get a third faction to play with.

Thanks for a very detailed answer @Axel – I know nothing is set in stone, but knowing a rough idea of what you hope to deliver is really useful (in my opinion).

Will we see Eldar? Posted on [17/03/2018] à 08:04

Eldar are not an easy army to play with. Most of their units are good in 1 thing and absolutely suck in everything else. If you use them well they are very powerful. If you use them wrong, you will lose.

I hope Harlequins also make an appearance, I just love them.

Will we see Eldar? Posted on [17/03/2018] à 08:27

Quote from Axel on [16/03/2018] à 22:28

The Imperial Fists are really similar to Ultramarines, so I'd rather see Imperial Guard or Mechanicum to take the spotlight if those are the choises.

But I literally cannot think of any 40K faction I wouldn't want to see in HoBR, so everything you do is good!

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

What about the Eldar? Posted on [16/06/2019] à 07:17

Now that we know it will be Eldar and Tyranids I could see Eldar have a basic reinforcement tile called Aspect Warrior. Then you could have the different versions (Warp Spiders, Banshees, etc) built from that one. Guardians, Aspect Warriors, Farseer, Dire Avengers Dark Reapers, Rangers, Wraith Guard, Viper, Falcon and Fire Prism would all be units I would expect to see at the start.

Tyranids myst have Genestealers, different Gaunt options, Carnifex, Hive Tyrant, Lictor (would be awesome), Warriors, Gargoyles, Raveners, Biovores would all be pretty basic.

A Genestealer Cult would be nice to see but I don't we see them.

What about the Eldar? Posted on [16/06/2019] à 10:24

The Eldar represented on Valedor will be from the Iyanden and Biel-Tan craftworlds.

That probably means a lot of Wraithguard and Wraithlords (Iyanden) and lots of Aspect Warriors and Falcon Grav Tanks (Biel-Tan).

Can't wait for the first previews to appear (in a couple of months). Oh boy, I love the Heroes System 40K 😆 😆

What about the Eldar? Posted on [17/06/2019] à 04:46

I should have looked that up, but yes, we can't wait. Enjoyed SoN and played through all the base campaing it had. Still have the Desert Wrath campaign to play, but started playing 300 point HoBR games last week and are loving it.

Pages: 1