Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
Table top Simulator
Table top Simulator Posted on [15/04/2020] à 18:16

Since HoN and HoS are 2D games, would it not be easier to use Vassal?

http://vassalengine.org/

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Table top Simulator Posted on [16/04/2020] à 00:07

looks interesting,

who would be up for some test games?

Table top Simulator Posted on [16/04/2020] à 03:57

Quote from slyfox on [15/04/2020] à 18:16

Since HoN and HoS are 2D games, would it not be easier to use Vassal?

http://vassalengine.org/

That's a great question slyfox! I've never used Vassal so I never considered using it before now. I'll definitely have to try a proof of concept and see how it compares.

I imagine the effort for using Vassal or TTS wouldn't be too different, since the mod boils down to: (1) adding lots of 2d images and (2) scripting to automate setting things up.

However, I really love Tabletop Simulator (even for 2d games) because it offers:

• A realistic 3d environment that makes it feel like I'm actually sitting at a table with my friends. It's very satisfying to roll dice across the table in 3d 🙂 . Also, someday I'd like to add optional 3d effects like fog and rain — I played around with rain and it's really awesome!

• This mod benefits from a huge content ecosystem on TTS. For example, I can add fog/rain effects created by another user.

• The mod is hosted by Steam, which makes it discoverable/searchable by a large player base, users can provide ratings, it has an integrated forum, and it's free to host.

• Virtual reality — I don't have a VR headset yet, but I tried playing HoN in VR at a friend's place and it was pretty awesome!

• and more!

Table top Simulator Posted on [19/04/2020] à 16:17

there's an old vassal module. I don't know if it works yet

Table top Simulator Posted on [03/05/2020] à 01:58

I've added Sainte Mère Église and Gazette 3 (Easy Company) to the TTS mod today. Enjoy!

Table top Simulator Posted on [03/05/2020] à 14:23

I use TTS since the beginning of lockdown… it is a tremendously powerful platform =)

@Quickle: thank you!! and… could you maybe add the terrain tiles of d-day? =) i started to scan units and markers but i lack an A3 Scanner and cannot find any image of them online to use. Thanks!!

Table top Simulator Posted on [03/05/2020] à 14:30

Quote from Quickle on [03/05/2020] à 01:58

I've added Sainte Mère Église and Gazette 3 (Easy Company) to the TTS mod today. Enjoy!

If you need help with the mod let me know 🙂

Table top Simulator Posted on [03/05/2020] à 17:18

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

I'll work on adding the D-Day expansion soon. It may take me 1-2 weeks or so. I can add the terrain boards immediately if you'd like, but I wouldn't be able to add the bunkers/razor wire/etc. so quickly.

Table top Simulator Posted on [03/05/2020] à 17:19

Quote from dracolich on [03/05/2020] à 14:30

If you need help with the mod let me know 🙂

Thanks! I've sent you a PM 🙂

I could use some help with cropping the individual images out of the larger punchboard images. I'm happy to take anyone's help with this.

Table top Simulator Posted on [04/05/2020] à 00:07

I just made a Discord server so players can find each other more easily. Please join if you are interested in finding players on Tabletop Simulator:

https://discord.gg/UsuaN22

Table top Simulator Posted on [04/05/2020] à 03:01

@Andyspav — Thanks for your PM! I'm not able to send a reply, it says "This user does not want to receive messages!"

Pages: 1 2