Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Errors I've Found
Errors I've Found Posted on [15/05/2018] à 07:23

I only started collecting HoN earlier this year and of course went overboard and now basically own everything ever made for the game. Even managed to get my hands on a number of the KS exclusives around the place. Anyway, I have gone through pretty much every component comparing against the Unofficial Product Index and I believe I have found some possible errors/inconsistencies.

General

I notice that many of the recruitment tokens have break points on the back side, except for recruitment tokens in the newer expansions and erratas. For example, the Willies Jeep in Errata #1 has no break point on the back. However the original token it replaces from the core HoN box did have the break point on the back. I'm assuming it doesn't matter and I'm guessing the break points are not really supposed to be on the back, so that would explain why newer tokens don't have it?

HoN Core Box

In the reprint, Ludwig does not have the German icon on the back, only on the front. However in Errata #1, he has the icon on both sides. The reprint was produced after the errata, so I'm wondering which is correct? Is an ambushing unit supposed to show its faction icon? I notice that other unit tokens that have the ambush on the back side don't show their faction icon either.

Carentan

The Fortified tokens were not fully correct in Errata #3. Only 3 of the 5 incorrectly sized Fortified tokens are replaced in Errata #3. That leaves 2 tokens still incorrectly sized.

Sainte-mere Eglise

The #6 para drop token is the wrong size. Die cut much bigger than the other 5 tokens.

The 3 light tokens also appear to be die cut the wrong size as well. Probably because they were in the same block on the punchboard as the incorrect #6 para drop token.

Errata #3 includes 3 new Knife tokens, however the index doesn't say why they replace the original ones?

The Field Command Vandy recruitment tile has a cost of 20 with 2 VP on the back. Eratta #3 includes a new tile which has a cost of 35 and no VP on the back. Is the errata tile correct? The index doesn't list this.

D-Day

The index says the fire icon is not currently defined, however it is explained on page 3 of the Sainte-mere Eglise rules.

US Army Box

The index says that all errors have been corrected in the 2nd printing, which I have, however I note a few discrepencies.

The Kowalski tile still shows 3 VP on the back in the 2nd printing, even though Sgt. Brady has been fixed in the reprint to show 1 VP. So not all errors have been corrected in the reprint.

The index also doesn't mention that the back of the Pilot token was changed in Eratta #3 to match the other civilians. This was not fixed in the 2nd printing either.

The Weapon Platoon tile shows 7 VP on the back in the 2nd printing, however the tile in the Eratta #3 shows 5 VP on the back. I'm assuming the 5 VP tile is correct? If so, then this also wasn't fixed in the 2nd printing.

The Horn of Plenty has "x3" on the back in the reprint, but not in the Errata #3. Both have a cost of 20 though. I also note that the graphic of the horn of plenty token on the recruitment tile doesn't actually match that of the token.

Both the Rifle Platoon and the Weapon Platoon have a very small typo in their names. It should read "4th Inf. Div. 12th Inf. Reg." instead of "4th Inf. Div. 12nd Inf. Reg."

German Army Box

Sturmpioniere, "OB Otheman": Should have +0 combat bonus vs. Heavy Vehicles, should be marked as "Corrected in Reprint"

4th Armored Division

The Field Command, Capt Jackson Sherrange recruitment tile has random die cut marks across the back of the tile. Looks like it went through the wrong die cut template or something.

SS Panzergrenadiere

The SD.KFZ.251/9 Stummel firing arc was also corrected in the 2nd printing. However the token is still the wrong size though.

21eme Panzer Div

There is a couple of very minor typos in the index; "II Bat. 902 Rgt" should be "I Bat. 902 Rgt" and "I Nat 21 PZDIV RGT 125" should be "I Bat 21 PzDIV RGT 125"

Errata #1 includes a new Von Hulsen, but the index doesn't say what for? It is identical to my token, so I guess whatever it was, was fixed in the 2nd printing which I must have.

Errata #3 includes a new I Bat 21 PzDIV RGT 22 recruitment tile, but it is not listed in the index. I'm assuming it is the missing break points that was fixed.

There should be a note that the French text written across the tile in Errata #3 is a known issue.

Shouldn't the Leon token have his name printed on the side, like every other token does.

GE Wittmann

Is the recruitment tile supposed to have any break point/s on the front?

US Rangers

The Product Index states that the "Gears" recruitment tile should be called "Gear" and have a cost of 20, and was corrected in E2PB and the Reprint. However this is not entirely true. I just noticed that the token now has the correct cost, but is still called "Gears" instead of "Gear." Neither E2PB or the Reprint corrected this, as I have both.

Miller's Rangers

Includes two "Gears" tokens, same as in the US Rangers. However these two have both the incorrect name ("Gears" instead of "Gear") and the incorrect cost of 15 instead of 20.

Civilians Under Fire

Sandy shows a Sticky Bomb as one of the 3 gears, yet no Sticky Bomb token is included in the pack. This may simply just be a generic graphic on the tile and I'm guessing a she could just use a Sticky Bomb token from another pack.

Pitchfork token has a magnifying glass on the back of Errata #3 and its colour doesn't match the other items in the civilians pack.

The backs of the extra FFI units in Errata #1 have the wrong "?" on the back, so they don't match the ones from the civilians pack.

Gazette #2

The index doesn't mention the new Percy Hobart recruitment tile included in Errata #3. The tile include in the Gazette has a break point on the front and and 3 VP on the back, but the one in Errata #3 doesn't have either of these. Which is correct?

Gazette #5

Errata #3 has a new John Frost tile, but the index doesn't say why?

Rivers

Says its missing arrows on the building doors and windows. But mine has them. Was this fixed in the reprint?

Extra Terrain Set

Etienne has the wrong "?" on the back, so he doesn't match the other civilians when they are flipped over together.

The index also doesn't list the Field terrain tile that is included in Errata #3.

Errors I've Found Posted on [15/05/2018] à 09:31

Thanks A LOT man! Awesome list!

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Errors I've Found Posted on [16/05/2018] à 08:13

Many of the Field Commands were increased in cost. It is actually a "v2.0 update" not an errata, but you are correct in that I should have a mention of that. Sorry about that.

Likewise, the change in backs on the Pilot and Collaborator are not "errata" either, but changes made once Civilians were created so they matched. If you don't buy expansions with Civilians, it in no way impacts play.

Tokens that are a bit too large but otherwise perfectly functional do not count as "errata" either, so are not listed under same.

Oh, on the subject of Breakpoints, DPG changed their design and no longer bother with BPs on the back of units that you only see once they have actually broken anyway. So as you said, not really important. And yet sometimes they still put them in — but again, not really relevant.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Errors I've Found Posted on [16/05/2018] à 09:18

Quote from Nostradunwhich

Many of the Field Commands were increased in cost. It is actually a "v2.0 update" not an errata, but you are correct in that I should have a mention of that. Sorry about that.

So I guess the 35 point one with no VP on the back is correct. Are Field Command units not supposed to give any VP when destroyed?

Likewise, the change in backs on the Pilot and Collaborator are not "errata" either, but changes made once Civilians were created so they matched. If you don't buy expansions with Civilians, it in no way impacts play.

I would actually argue that if the design of something has changed, then any original components with the incorrect design that are also changed fall under errata. In fact, even DPG saw fit to release a new token for the Pilot specifically to address this issue. It is on Errata #3. So if they consider it errata, then I think it should be in the index just for completeness at least.

Tokens that are a bit too large but otherwise perfectly functional do not count as "errata" either, so are not listed under same.

Same as above. DPG released errata tokens to address it (not enough of them though)… so I think it should be in the index again, just for completeness. Will stop anyone else posting about it if they come across the issue.

Oh, on the subject of Breakpoints, DPG changed their design and no longer bother with BPs on the back of units that you only see once they have actually broken anyway. So as you said, not really important. And yet sometimes they still put them in — but again, not really relevant.

Ok, so we just totally ignore any break points on the back of tiles then?

Anyway, my goal was just to help make the index as complete as possible and hopefully bring any errors to DPG's attention in case they ever do another errata board in the future, which I hope. The slight OCD in me gets bugged by mistakes. 🙂

Errors I've Found Posted on [16/05/2018] à 17:31

Quote from rubasurex on [15/05/2018] à 07:23

US Army Box

The index says that all errors have been corrected in the 2nd printing, which I have, however I note a few discrepencies.

The Kowalski tile still shows 3 VP on the back in the 2nd printing, even though Sgt. Brady has been fixed in the reprint to show 1 VP. So not all errors have been corrected in the reprint.

The index also doesn't mention that the back of the Pilot token was changed in Eratta #3 to match the other civilians. This was not fixed in the 2nd printing either.

The Weapon Platoon tile shows 7 VP on the back in the 2nd printing, however the tile in the Eratta #3 shows 5 VP on the back. I'm assuming the 5 VP tile is correct? If so, then this also wasn't fixed in the 2nd printing.

The Horn of Plenty has "x3" on the back in the reprint, but not in the Errata #3. Both have a cost of 20 though. I also note that the graphic of the horn of plenty token on the recruitment tile doesn't actually match that of the token.

Both the Rifle Platoon and the Weapon Platoon have a very small typo in their names. It should read "4th Inf. Div. 12th Inf. Reg." instead of "4th Inf. Div. 12nd Inf. Reg."

German Army Box

Sturmpioniere, "OB Otheman": Should have +0 combat bonus vs. Heavy Vehicles, should be marked as "Corrected in Reprint"

Thank you very much for these. I have never seen the reprints of these boxes so could not verify the information other than a "correction target list" provided by DPG. I asked the forum members but no one stepped up until now.

4th Armored Division

The Field Command, Capt Jackson Sherrange recruitment tile has random die cut marks across the back of the tile. Looks like it went through the wrong die cut template or something.

That one I think is only your copy… unless other folks want to speak up?

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Errors I've Found Posted on [16/05/2018] à 17:47

One nit… on the subject of typos… it is "errata", as in "error" 😉

Errors I've Found Posted on [16/05/2018] à 17:58

21eme Panzer Div

…There should be a note that the French text written across the tile in Errata #3 is a known issue.

That errata is noted where it belongs, on the Errata #3 entry.

Errors I've Found Posted on [17/05/2018] à 01:26

Is it worth me contacting DPG to confirm this?

One nit… on the subject of typos… it is "errata", as in "error"

Haha… yes you are right. I must have just got in the habit of typing the wrong keys and for some reason my browser's spell checker never picked it up.

Errors I've Found Posted on [17/05/2018] à 06:21

Quote from rubasurex on [17/05/2018] à 01:26

Is it worth me contacting DPG to confirm this?

Without a better idea of what is wrong, I am not sure. Do you have somewhere you can upload a pic and send me a link?

But if the board is scarred, then yes, you should contact DPG about it.

Errors I've Found Posted on [17/05/2018] à 06:45

Quote from rubasurex on [16/05/2018] à 09:18

So I guess the 35 point one with no VP on the back is correct. Are Field Command units not supposed to give any VP when destroyed?

Correct. FC's do not yield VP. Take a look at the FC's in the Core box as an example.

I would actually argue that if the design of something has changed, then any original components with the incorrect design that are also changed fall under errata. In fact, even DPG saw fit to release a new token for the Pilot specifically to address this issue. It is on Errata #3. So if they consider it errata, then I think it should be in the index just for completeness at least.

I guess I have a different point of view. From my point of view, DPG often includes items that are "extras" — created for the fans. The Pilot is not an "official" piece. It has no rules on how to treat an objective that is a unit. It was created for the fans to use in their own scenarios.

The field included is not an errata of any sort — it is one of those extras.

I was not made aware of any error in the original backs. Sure there is a version with a new back, and that could be useful in a scenario that includes Civilians for that Objective to hide in… that is a nice extra. That is as far as that goes. It is a variant until I hear otherwise.

Does an oversized marker in ANY way invalidate its usefulness in the game? No it does not. It is cosmetic and not an issue. Did DPG include a few for those fans for whom the oversized tokens may have been a bother? Yes they did, because that is how they roll.

Argh. This one has gone back and forth, and I forgot which way the final statement went. It was noted here.

Breakpoints are supposed to be on the back on units (at least those that yield VP).

I still think they are pointlessly redundant on the back side of a unit, which BP you only see once the unit is already broken!

Anyway, my goal was just to help make the index as complete as possible and hopefully bring any errors to DPG's attention in case they ever do another errata board in the future, which I hope. The slight OCD in me gets bugged by mistakes. 🙂

Sorry about your OCD getting tickled… I fear you are asking for trouble playing DPG games. They are fun but they just never seem to be error free 😉

I do appreciate the feedback on the list. Even if I argue definitions it does help make the Index better. I have put in many of your fixes already, so hopefully that will make the index a bit easier to read.

Errors I've Found Posted on [17/05/2018] à 09:22

Without a better idea of what is wrong, I am not sure. Do you have somewhere you can upload a pic and send me a link?

But if the board is scarred, then yes, you should contact DPG about it.

The problem is actually worse than I first realised. I own so much HoN stuff now, I’m still punching stuff out. For some reason I only noticed that one tile with cut marks on the back. But now that I flip the the board over I have realised the entire board is die cut wrong. It has been die cut correctly from the front, but then for some reason die cut a second time, incorrectly, on the back. So I can’t really punch anything out properly. I have taken a photo.

I hope it is just my board and not the entire print run. Do you think DPG will send me a new board? I’ve already had to contact them once before about a missing token which they mailed to me.

Errors I've Found Posted on [17/05/2018] à 09:55

Hi Rubasurex,

that looks like a regular printing error where the factory messed things up with diecuts or backsides. Get in touch with DPG, this should be replaced. That punchboard is from the Army Box or the Armoured Division pack, isn't it? I have those too and can say that mine are perfectly fine. I have no idea if there were multiple print runs on those, though.

Errors I've Found Posted on [17/05/2018] à 10:09

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [17/05/2018] à 06:45

Sorry about your OCD getting tickled… I fear you are asking for trouble playing DPG games. They are fun but they just never seem to be error free 😉

+1. Important life lesson here! Letting things go is an important soft skill. :mrgreen:

I used to get completely OCD when I noticed all the errors… once sorted with the errata I let it all go and just the brilliance of the game system!

Errors I've Found Posted on [17/05/2018] à 10:12

It is the 4th Armored Division. I will contact DPG now and hopefully they can replace it for me.

Errors I've Found Posted on [07/07/2018] à 01:03

Nostradunwhich, I just picked up Miller's Rangers and found a couple of minor errors that aren't listed in your Product Index.

US Rangers

The Product Index states that the "Gears" recruitment tile should be called "Gear" and have a cost of 20, and was corrected in E2PB and the Reprint. However this is not entirely true. I just noticed that the token now has the correct cost, but is still called "Gears" instead of "Gear." Neither E2PB or the Reprint corrected this, as I have both.

Miller's Rangers

Includes two "Gears" tokens, same as in the US Rangers. However these two have both the incorrect name ("Gears" instead of "Gear") and the incorrect cost of 15 instead of 20.

I know they are minor, but I just want to help make the Product Index as accurate as possible.

Errors I've Found Posted on [11/07/2018] à 02:28

Is there yet a master list of how to use the Erratas many of us have paid for? Still waiting on this. I too bought almost everything. I still wish there was a guide to how to implement there errata boards. Personally I would love this rather than pushing out new stuff. I keep supporting and thin DevilPig guys are a good company but a master correction doc with some images in a downloadable PDF form. Particularly for all the folks who bought the Compendium/Erratas/etc. Hink-hint, guys…

Errors I've Found Posted on [11/07/2018] à 03:06

Quote from DanielTobin on [11/07/2018] à 02:28

Is there yet a master list of how to use the Erratas many of us have paid for? Still waiting on this. I too bought almost everything. I still wish there was a guide to how to implement there errata boards. Personally I would love this rather than pushing out new stuff. I keep supporting and thin DevilPig guys are a good company but a master correction doc with some images in a downloadable PDF form. Particularly for all the folks who bought the Compendium/Erratas/etc. Hink-hint, guys…

I hope the following links are helpful. Of course it isn't as clear a guide as it could be, but it should have all the information necessary.

HoN Errata 1&2

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=2988.1#postid-31243

HoN Errata 3

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=2988.2#postid-59517

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/download/7293/

SoN Errata

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=3439.#postid-60898

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=9666

Errors I've Found Posted on [25/07/2018] à 10:51

Thank you Penta,

I am still having a hard time with this. Sorting through the forums is rough. I wish the folks at Devil Pig (love you guys!), would take the the time to put this all together in a single document with pictures. It many folks have put a fair amount of cash into this game and also payed for the compendium (which has errors) and the punch errata. It is not like actual physical products need to be made. Just a nice up-datable PDF. Does not even need to look super pretty. Just have the pictures of the errors and the replacement tiles and/or proper rules. It needs to be something that can be printed so it can be accessed at the table quickly with out sorting through multiple forum posts. Once again, I know Devil Pig is small, I respect you guys a lot, but this has been sort of promised for a bit but it seems as if new products come out and there is still not a clear fix of what is already out there incorrect.

Errors I've Found Posted on [09/07/2019] à 20:47

Quote from DanielTobin on [25/07/2018] à 10:51

Thank you Penta,

I am still having a hard time with this. Sorting through the forums is rough. I wish the folks at Devil Pig (love you guys!), would take the the time to put this all together in a single document with pictures. It many folks have put a fair amount of cash into this game and also payed for the compendium (which has errors) and the punch errata. It is not like actual physical products need to be made. Just a nice up-datable PDF. Does not even need to look super pretty. Just have the pictures of the errors and the replacement tiles and/or proper rules. It needs to be something that can be printed so it can be accessed at the table quickly with out sorting through multiple forum posts. Once again, I know Devil Pig is small, I respect you guys a lot, but this has been sort of promised for a bit but it seems as if new products come out and there is still not a clear fix of what is already out there incorrect.

The error issues should be avoided by simply having a so called "Reviser" that has the duty to search for each sprue and each single token to be produced and see if those are errors free before sending them to the printers in the final version. Or simply give not the products to Chinese companies to print and use European companies for doing the job…

Also a good thing that Heroes of Normandie lacks in almost each of its versions and boxed sets or expansions is the "piece count and type / summary" which almost every board game has !!! I also have plenty of tokens from Heroes of Normandie which are not ruled at all or are misprinted such as the sticky or anti tank grenades or the US Rangers Mortar teams, for example… Whit them showing, instead of the blu scatter icon that indirect artillery has, the normal blue icon of normal cannons and pieces/guns that utilize the same tile for scatter and damages… Shame on you !!! lol lol lol

Jokes apart, the icons or the pieces not "ruled" or ruled in other "issues" of the game are not so bad for me since I love to house rule games that I own personally… But I do that using also the "correct rules" too from time to time… Since I want to use the pieces for the aim and the way they were in origin thinked about, you got my point of view ?

I hope so…

[Section not related to erros in HoN moved to General forum — Moderator]

Pages: 1