Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Large Creature & Line of Sight
Large Creatures & Line of Sight Posted on [20/05/2018] à 21:28

Hello,

Considering the new rules for line of sight and vehicles (compendium 13, major change)… Does this apply to Large Creature too?

Am I able to choose to trace los to 1 of the 4 square of a Star Spawn, to any point in-between 2 squares… And the very center of the Star Spawn counter?

Thank you!

L

Large Creature & Line of Sight Posted on [22/05/2018] à 02:24

I asked a question similar awhile back about two square vehicles vs two square creatures moving between terrain buildings and it was ruled to be different.

My guess is you are going to hear the same thing.

Large Creature & Line of Sight Posted on [22/05/2018] à 10:30

I think here is the key

"When a vehicle that occupies at least two squares (…)"

Large Creatures are clearly not vehicles, but i can't remember of any OFFICIAL vehicle, light or heavy, larger than 2 squares… so I believe the rules has been written with Lovecraftian Horrors in mind.

Why a 2-squares Creature could not move between terrain buildings? Cthonian (from Acthung Cthulhu exansion) is no bigger than a vehicle, so i think it could move through.

For a 4-squares creatures would be certainly different; while I think a Shoggoth could easly squeeze through a narrower space, this is not GURPS, so I usually don't permit this 🙂

L

Large Creature & Line of Sight Posted on [22/05/2018] à 18:14

Quote from dracolich on [22/05/2018] à 10:30

…but i can't remember of any OFFICIAL vehicle, light or heavy, larger than 2 squares…

Then you must not have ordered Heroes of Black Reach. 😉

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages: 1