Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
3D terrain
3D terrain Posted on [01/06/2018] à 14:22

just a thought but with gazette 1 we got stand up mine field signs and in i think it was st mare iglese we got stand up street lights.

wouldnt it be nice although expensive to get stand up 2 story and taller overlay buildings, bridges,ect.?

3D terrain Posted on [04/06/2018] à 03:28

There is a very big difference between small signposts and the sides of buildings… Although it would be very cool I think it would be prohibitively expensive.

But it is a VERY cool idea 😉

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

3D terrain Posted on [04/06/2018] à 14:27

I think 3D terrain is more for miniatures games.

As the troops are flat pieces, they would not look right next to 3D walls and trees and such.

Also, the 3D elements might get in the way of seeing all the rule symbols printed on the map.

I actually do not like even the lamp posts, minefield markers and magic Stones that currently are 3D. I do not see the point.

And it would add great expense to the game, which I don't want to pay. I like this game the way it is. The map is very clear right now and the terrain symbols are great way to rep the various terrain.

If the troops were miniatures, I would be more open to 3D terrain.

But there are great miniature games already out there. Flames of war, Sergeants and so on.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

3D terrain Posted on [04/06/2018] à 17:12

dont get me wrong…im not a big fan of the signs/lamp posts either was just thinking if we have those might as well look into other parts of the game as well 😎

3D terrain Posted on [04/06/2018] à 21:40

and thinking about it…the pegasus bridge dice tower fits on top of the map board exactly too

3D terrain Posted on [04/06/2018] à 23:41

Quote from Archon77 on [04/06/2018] à 21:40

and thinking about it…the pegasus bridge dice tower fits on top of the map board exactly too

Good point!

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

3D terrain Posted on [05/06/2018] à 16:13

cohammer if you go back and look the game is designed as a miniature game without the miniatures if i remember right. :mrgreen:

Pages: 1