Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Spells part 3
Spells part 3 Posted on [07/08/2018] à 16:18

Hey,

I have some question about the spell "Summoning"

SoN p.15:

"If the summoning indicates a limited number of uses, this means that you can cast the spell as many times as you have available tokens of the corresponding crature"

Same on p.14 at "Spells":

"Once you reach this number, you can no longer cast the spell until you have retrieved at least one of the corresponding markers" (this means all spells so it makes sense)

Futher in text on p.15:

"You can recast the spell as soon as you retrieve at least one of corresponding crature token"

1) It seams to me that corresponding to the rules the limit of summoning is restricted by the number of available tokens not by the printed number on the token.

2) It seams to be a little bit broken to be able to summon multiple times a Star Spawn [75Point, Defense 9, 4 life points] or Shoggoth [75P, 10D , 5 LP] immediately after it was killed. (Worst case)

I believe the text on p.15 should read:

"If the summoning indicates none limited number of uses, this means that you can cast the spell as many times as you have available tokens of the corresponding crature"

And if there is a number printed on the token, it is the number of uses for the whole game.

Or do i miss something?

Thanks

Spells part 3 Posted on [07/08/2018] à 16:39

From Virus66b on [08/07/2018] at 16:18:

1) It seams to me that corresponding to the rules the limit of summoning is restricted by the number of available tokens not by the printed number on the token.

While I can sympathize with what drove your interpretation, it is not correct. The rules are correct in this case as written.

The limit is to keep you from spawning too many of a creature at one time, but you can recast a spell once the creature is dead as soon as you can manage it. Summoning spells have a cost (in suppress tokens and sometimes other things) and require a particular unit (the one with the spell) be activated in order to case the summoning, so it can hardly be done "as soon as the creature is killed."

If you don't want the creature summoned again, then remove the activation token from the magician or, better yet, kill the magician.

All that being said, you can certainly set up a house rule to limit summoning if you wish.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages: 1