Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[Resolved] Objective marker in ruins?
Objective marker in ruins of a building Posted on [17/08/2018] à 16:58

Hi!

A question that popped up during the 4th scenario of the Carentan expansion. I managed to destroy the farm hous that had an objective marker. In the win conditions it states that the german's can also capture the marker in the house or the ruins.

When I flipped the house to the ruin side, there where not 4 spaces, but 9. I placed the marker on the middle marker. Does that mean you can contest the marker with the 8 surrounding spaces? Instead of the usual 4?

Objective marker in ruins? Posted on [18/08/2018] à 17:58

When an objective is not in a building, it is normally placed on an interspace, so it would only be the 4 spaces surrounding that interspace that the objective could be contested.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Objective marker in ruins? Posted on [03/09/2018] à 10:29

Thank you!

[Resolved] Objective marker in ruins? Posted on [02/06/2020] à 08:28

How do you decide where to place the objective from among the 4 interspaces in the ruins?

Keep in mind, when the building flips over, the original location of the objective marker is now in the central square of the ruins, not an interspace — so you would have to decide which interspace to put it on.

[Resolved] Objective marker in ruins? Posted on [04/06/2020] à 06:03

Well, my first reaction would be "one of the interspaces closest to where it was on the other side" or perhaps "the one closest to the center of the ruin's grid"

If you want, you could roll a d3 once for the X and once for the Y axis and put the objective on the corner closest to the center of the ruin.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Resolved] Objective marker in ruins? Posted on [04/06/2020] à 22:50

I think randomizing from among the closest interspaces is a decent solution. Thanks for offering that.

I would still love to see an official answer from the creators.

Pages: 1