Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
How do you create your own scenario's?
Tips on creating scenario's? Posted on [27/10/2018] à 11:37

Hi everyone!

I have some scenario idea's in my head that I want to create. I know there's an unofficial scenario editor.

But what I'm wondering about more is: How do you come up with the duration, balance and distances for objectives and forces.

Right now I'm thinking of laying out my battlefield in the editor and counting the distance it takes to objectives. That could give me an estimate for the battle duration.

Balance/force composition: In the scenario's from the corebox it is not always perfectly balanced point wise. Anyone got some tips?

And ofcourse playtest 🙂

How do you create your own scenario's? Posted on [27/10/2018] à 18:04

Frankly, I would just take out my game and guestimate the variables.

Set up the map boards you think will fit the image in your head.

Set the objectives and what else you want in your scenario down on the map.

Build the opposing armies using whatever points value you want for the games size to be (is the scenario supposed to be small, tight forces or is it a bigger fight?) start with equal points value for the both sides.

You don't have to decide how long the scenario is at this point.

Then play the rough scenario you now have. Adjust the scenario rules as you go. Is the map wrong somehow? Too easy to move for one side or not enough cover for other side? Adjust the map and start again.

Is the objective too far or too near? Move it.

Does one side have easier time than the other? Adjust the points values.

As you play, you will get the feel of how long the game should last. Start with, say, six turns. Then adjust the time up or down when you play.

TLDR version: playtest it until it clicks together.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

How do you create your own scenario's? Posted on [28/10/2018] à 00:03

Scenarios? More often than not my son and I will just pick a point total, throw a map together that looks interesting

(bridges, we like fighting over bridges), pick an objective (like, maybe, for example, a bridge…) and then we go at it. A couple of times we've just pulled out every tank and armored combat vehicle we own, disregarded recruitment tiles altogether and arbitrarily set a number of activation tokens. Those games were a blast with lots of carnage and fast-paced action. Some of the games have been lop-sided as far as points are concerned but are still fun; the under-dog fighting to hold his ground as long as possible against impossible odds. The possibilities are endless.

As far as creating a scenario that could be created and shared with others in the HON community, have you considered adapting an actual event from WW2? There are thousands of historical actions to choose from, some small and seemingly inconsequential except to those involved, some small but with far reaching consequences. Rarely were they balanced. Think about it: an understrength platoon holding a vital cross road against a tank and infantry attack until armored relief arrives; a company moving through the ruins of a town harried by snipers and hidden units, trying to seize the city hall at the far edge. Remember Easy Company fighting the German Grenadiers at the dike in Holland? Outstanding action! Grab a good history book and start creating! Good luck!

How do you create your own scenario's? Posted on [28/10/2018] à 10:02

Thanks Colhammer! I'll try that approach.

jyonkers: Nice! I definatly want to do that as well. But I'd like to give creating scenario's a go. Coming up with idea's is not the problem for now. I've went the DPG route and got some movie scene's I'd like to recreate for a heroes of normandie scenario.

The "drei glazen" set-up from Inglorious Bastards for instance 🙂

But your comment about it being unbalanced is a good one. Some fights where unbalanced.

How do you create your own scenario's? Posted on [28/10/2018] à 18:33

the link for the unofficial scenario editor (Listed here – Download and install BGMapsEditor http://bgmapeditor.eu/ (windows , mac , linux ) is now dead.

Is there any other place I could find it?

Thanks

Rick (a newbie)

OldManRick

How do you create your own scenario's? Posted on [28/10/2018] à 23:52

After some searching I think I found it here!!!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bgmapeditor/

OldManRick

How do you create your own scenario's? Posted on [30/10/2018] à 07:38

Thanks!!

How do you create your own scenario's? Posted on [09/10/2019] à 23:44

Any options for using Mac?

How do you create your own scenario's? Posted on [10/10/2019] à 01:55

+1 For Mac

I am interested for creating some scenarios for HoS

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

How do you create your own scenario's? Posted on [10/10/2019] à 16:44

Hi everyone,

I personnaly use BGMAPEDITOR or TILESYSTEME.

For Bgmapeditor, a lot of HoN things are available here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vuoh8pw1abe04g6/AACE4eS88UYVQ8hYBBsEY0jta/Scenario%20Editor?dl=0

For Tilesystem, I have to look for information and a link.

My opinion is that the best way to proceed is to test your scenario. You will then know if the equilibrium is good, the timeline too.

http://les-chauds-six-hon.e-monsite.com/

How do you create your own scenario's? Posted on [11/10/2019] à 10:02

Unfortunately, BGMapEditor is a Windows/Linux app. I'm on Mac too. :mrgreen:

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Pages: 1