Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
[Obsolete] HoN V2
HoN V2 Posted on [12/01/2019] à 13:33

I just noticed that:

• the panzer 2 "Luchs" token still has the incorrect "Lunchs" on it, same for the recruitment option

• US "4th inf 4th reg" only has 1 "recon team" token (1 needed for base recruitment tile + 1 for 'rifle squad' recruitment option)

• US "4th inf 22nd reg" ".30 cal" token does not have the red line ( heavy weapon marker)same on the reverse 'set up' side, it has the same immage with the missing red line on the main recruitment tile

• GE "1st bat pzgr lehr reg 502" has only 1 "recon team' (1 needed for base recruitment tile + 1 for 'panzergrenadiere' recruitment option)

• Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

HoN V2 Posted on [12/01/2019] à 15:45

The Hedgerow cutter option has X3 on the counter. It should be X2. At least the previous version has X2 and there are only 2 "clear" terrain piece markers.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

HoN V2 Posted on [12/01/2019] à 17:01

We will correct these errors.

Thank you for your help.

HoN V2 Posted on [13/01/2019] à 14:37

Also, it seems to me that the Mg 42 units from the GE "1st bat pzgr lehr reg 502" have the mobile side on both sides of the tile.

HoN V2 Posted on [14/01/2019] à 06:01

Are there hi res pics posted somewhere? I’m having trouble zooming in on some of the words.

HoN V2 Posted on [14/01/2019] à 07:49

Yeah, I cannot really read any text on those pictures. Way too blurry for my poor eyes.

So I cannot really help with the proofreading.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

HoN V2 Posted on [14/01/2019] à 14:22

I love this games and I would like to share some ideas for the forthcoming V2.

The new artwork of the Shermans show the engine deck of a Sherman M4A2 (Sherman III for the brits). See following pic:

The M4A2 was never used by the US Army, only by the Marines and the British. The old artwork show the correct engine deck of a Sherman M4 which together with the M4A1 (same engine deck) was used initially in Normandy until the M4A3 start to replace older models. Also it shows a loader's hatch in the turret roof which is not accurate for any of the models cited except for a M4A3.

In summary old artwork is accurate, new one not.

A note on the Shermans, they had stabilizers for the main gun, not very developed ones but they had it, therefore they could be the candidates to have the rule fire on the move on the main gun instead the British Cromwell tank which had no stabilizers.

For the Germans, I have seen no pictures of a Panzer IV with sandbags in the front armor. If you want to have decoration in the Panzer IV would be better to put some camo foliage instead the sandbags.

The German halftracks artwork are the older C model instead the more common D model at the time of Normandy. Also it is doubtful they Germans will display big recognition flags on top of the vehicles given the air superiority of the allies.

For the infantry squads:

Americans 12 men: Artwork ok to have such number (5 men fire team, 4 men support team, 3 men recon team).

British 10 men: Artwork not ok, two men two much (5 men leader team, 5 men fire team , two men Bren team) Possible solution: artwork of 4 mean each for the leader and the fire team.

Germans: The units depicted in the core box are panzergrenadiers so they should have two MG 42 per squad. Ideally we should have for this two tiles of infantry with 4 men each with each tile the stats of the SS MG Group from the 1st SS panzer expansion.

For common infantry, a squad of 8 men and 1 MG42 could be represented with two tiles of fire team on the reduced side (three mean each) and the existing MG 42 team, so no need to change here.

I love the game and I know this is the game based on the movie of WW2, but I think many of us who love HON will like these small touches of accuracy which mainly are visual, do not change the game-play or the rules and will keep us nerds happy.

HoN V2 Posted on [14/01/2019] à 14:30

Thanks for sharing, jamingui. Very interesting!

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

HoN V2 Posted on [14/01/2019] à 21:56

So apparently Veteran players with V1 versions will be able to catch up

because a planes expansion is planned and the new decks will also be made available.

The point cost for heroes is the same in V1 and V2. V2 heroes have an option slot though.

Rules update?

V1 heroes without option slot on their recruitment card can take the field equiped with one rectangular option (either plain white stripe or common army stripes color code) if the controlling player wishes to spend the appropriate point cost for the option.

HoN V2 Posted on [15/01/2019] à 07:40

@Moomer: That is a house rule, not a rules update, though.

You can play however you will.

However, for veteran players, Clint, Oddball, Otto and Ludwig already have upgraded hero recruitment cards available (Kelly's Heroes).

Only Rock and Helmut have the old style recruitment cards from V1.

HoN V2 Posted on [15/01/2019] à 21:20

Yes you can play however you will.

Just proposing the rules update for the official side of matters to have balance between V1 and V2 heroes

resulting in :

Same point cost plus same possibility for options.

The Kelly's Heroes versions cost more points than the Core Box versions.

HoN V2 Posted on [16/01/2019] à 07:41

And the V2 Core box heroes should cost more points too, I think.

The cost of equipment slot is 5 points, I believe.

HoN V2 Posted on [16/01/2019] à 12:52

…this is the game based on the movie of WW2…

I wonder why in the brandburger unit on the Devil Pig News #4 appears Otto Skorzeny instead of Oberts Kurt Steiner, from the movie 'The eagle has landed'(1976).

Both more historical acurate and movie based.

Otto Skorzzeny was an SS Officer, that arise fame by a Fallschirmjager operation where he was only an observer, where he recived unfair merit, and never was an Branderburger.

I wish to see in the future One Falschirmjager Kommando unit with Kurt Steiner.

Moisés H. Delgado Rubio

HoN V2 Posted on [16/01/2019] à 13:38

Well, we already have character named Steiner in this game (from the movie Breakthrough, Richard Burton as Sgt. Rolf Steiner)

and also the upcoming Heroes of Stalingrad has character named Steiner (from the movie Cross of Iron, James Coburn as Sgt. Rolf Steiner)

I don't think we need a third Steiner…?

HoN V2 Posted on [16/01/2019] à 17:34

Quote from Colhammer on [16/01/2019] à 13:38

Well, we already have character named Steiner in this game (from the movie Breakthrough, Richard Burton as Sgt. Rolf Steiner)…

…I don't think we need a third Steiner…?

In my opinión 'Breaktroug' is not as good movie as 'The eagle has landed' either the character played by Richard Burton is not as 'heroic as Michael Caine played.

Any way if is the name that you don't like, in WWII you cam find better soldiers than Skorzeny to make a counter to play:

Walter Koch from sturmabteilung Koch, Rodolf wittzig commanding the assault of eben emael fortress, Hans Jungwirth from the sonderband Junwirth,…

Moisés H. Delgado Rubio

HoN V2 Posted on [16/01/2019] à 20:08

I wonder why in the brandburger unit on the Devil Pig News #4 appears Otto Skorzeny instead of Oberts Kurt Steiner, from the movie 'The eagle has landed'(1976).

Both more historical acurate and movie based.

A Mussolini counter is also included in that Gazette. Skorzeny was involved in the liberation of the Duce.

There's a scenario included.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Sasso_raid

For those interested, a SoN variant mission with this theme can be downloaded from this site. See SoN Scenario contest 2017. It is mission 6.

Apparently the liberation of Mussolini provided the inspiration for "The Eagle has landed" where troops set out to abduct Churchill.

HoN V2 Posted on [16/01/2019] à 22:27

Citation de Colhammer Le [16/01/2019] à 07:41

The cost of equipment slot is 5 points, I believe.

That's it.

HoN V2 Posted on [07/02/2019] à 12:14

I am about to get into HoN and buy most of the expansions. However, I am skipping the core set while waiting for V2.

Any idea when V2 will be available for order or pre-order?

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

HoN V2 Posted on [10/02/2019] à 09:04

Both GE "Panzergrenadiere" Displays in the Box should be renamed into "Panzergrenadier Zug". Like the US have "Rifle Platoon".

HoN V2 Posted on [10/02/2019] à 19:17

Quote from Oddball on [10/02/2019] à 09:04

Both GE "Panzergrenadiere" Displays in the Box should be renamed into "Panzergrenadier Zug". Like the US have "Rifle Platoon".

That is a cool bit of info, but I must admit I was a bit surprised. That just goes to show I am not as well studied as I should be with regard to WW2.

I don't know much German, but a Ticket to Ride expansion called "Zug um Zug" lead me to think the word had something to do with travel or trains. Google translate says it means "Step by Step".

So is this an idiomatic thing?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
    Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Pages: 1 2