Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Comments on HoS Proofs Please!
Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [19/01/2019] à 20:09

Hey Folks!

DPG has published a last preview of the Heroes of Stalingrad stuff for comment, so please put your comments here.

There are some intricate new mechanics introduced in HoSta. These are covered in the Game Aid (Reference Sheet). They are the Offset Grid (and how it interacts with existing mechanics) and multi-part buildings (which can end up partially destroyed). These are a bit complicated, so please post any questions.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [19/01/2019] à 20:56

The Game Aid sheet's section on Offset Grid is missing the numbers in the first example picture (the one with a German Fire Group in a ruined building).

The text states "A unit can move, even diagonally, from one Offset Grid square to any adjacent Offset Grid square (1)" but there are no numbers in the graphic. The numbers are present in the rule book, so an overlay is apparently missing from the Game Aid version.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [19/01/2019] à 21:20

I think that we are missing the sniper duel scenario.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [19/01/2019] à 21:50

Scenario booklet

page 5

Title

NUMBER OF VICTORY POINTS TURNS ON 4 & 6

Should be

NUMBER OF VICTORY POINTS ON TURNS 4 & 6

Page 6

Under Attack/Defense map

There is a single objective, with the army badge of the

attacker, and you place it in the defenders’s deployment

zone.

Change to defender's

Page 14

4- GAMEPLAY

This game lasts 6 turns.

Before the end of turn 6, the Russian officer must be moved

off the board through any square of the side marked with red arrows.

The game ends at the end of turn 6, or as soon as the Russian player

gets the officer out off the battlefield.

suggest :

The game ends at the end of turn 6, or as soon as the Russian officer exits the battlefield.

Page 21

4- GAMEPLAY

This game lasts 8 turns.

Both players must attempt to control the majority

of the 4 (color-marked) fountain spaces before the end of turn 8.

Hit the road Maria!

None of of the tanks can be activated

before Maria has boarded her vehicle.

Remove second "of".

Page 23

(First )Example

Battle Plan gives you a Special Order Token, so each alliance player puts a Special Order Token on the Battle Plan. If an Alliance player then draws the Action Card that lets him use an Special Order Token for the turn, he can take it off the Battle Plan so he can use it, and return it to the Battle Plan so he can use THAT option at some point later in the game. In other words, he can ‘‘take it back’’ because of the Action Card’s effect.

a Special Order Token

ACTIVATION PHASE

In the Activation Phase, players activate their units in the previously determined order and alternating with the opposing alliance.

A unit may not attack an allied unit (including assault and fire).

alternate

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [20/01/2019] à 12:42

In the battle pack german panzers seem to look like Panzer IIIs buy they are labeled ad Panzet IVs.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [20/01/2019] à 13:54

Looks very nice 🙂

But … Panzer Is in Stalingrad??! Er, no: much as I love the little beasts, they had been completely retired a year or so before as being utterly useless for anything other than airfield security or being used as tractors! They should be included in Heroes of Poland 39, or heroes of France 40 🙂 but not here. And the SdKfz 221 was normally armed with an MG; there were very few conversions to the sPzB41 ATR, which is what is depicted on the counter … though it is at least possible, I suppose.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [20/01/2019] à 15:48

The German vehicles of the German heroic platoon should be grey instead the three tone camo.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [20/01/2019] à 16:22

Don't know if it's an error or supposed to be like that but shouldn't the David Kintz token have a 'red skull' icon on the bike side ? Or is the idea that when 'hit' the bike is destroyed and the character can fight on on foot ?

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [20/01/2019] à 18:18

Quote from Moomer on [19/01/2019] à 21:50

Scenario booklet

…snip…

Page 21

4- GAMEPLAY

This game lasts 8 turns.

Both players must attempt to control the majority

of the 4 (color-marked) fountain spaces before the end of turn 8.

Hit the road Maria!

None of of the tanks can be activated

before Maria has boarded her vehicle.

Remove second "of".

And there should be a comma between road and Maria.

Hit the road, Maria!

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [20/01/2019] à 18:20

Quote from Eclo on [20/01/2019] à 16:22

Don't know if it's an error or supposed to be like that but shouldn't the David Kintz token have a 'red skull' icon on the bike side? Or is the idea that when 'hit' the bike is destroyed and the character can fight on foot ?

I believe that is the case, yes. Once hit, the bike is gone, and he has one wound left.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [20/01/2019] à 18:55

Quote from McJakub on [20/01/2019] à 12:42

In the battle pack german panzers seem to look like Panzer IIIs buy they are labeled ad Panzet IVs.

That looks right to me! No hatches on the deck in front of the turret and the engine deck seems wrong. I must admit I am not a tank geek, but that seems correct to me.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [20/01/2019] à 19:26

Quote from jamingui on [20/01/2019] à 15:48

The German vehicles of the German heroic platoon should be grey instead the three tone camo.

Germans did not use grey paint in their tanks in 1942. The base colour was dark yellow (dunkelgelb). So that camo looks fine for me.

In fact, the rest of the tanks are not propably the right coloured… But I suppose it is way too late to change that.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [21/01/2019] à 00:22

Quote from Colhammer on [20/01/2019] à 19:26

Germans did not use grey paint in their tanks in 1942. The base colour was dark yellow (dunkelgelb). So that camo looks fine for me.

In fact, the rest of the tanks are not propably the right coloured… But I suppose it is way too late to change that.

The Dunkelgelb was introduced on 22 February 1943. Here a small article about that.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepage_english/Miscellaneous/Camouflage_finish/Camouflage_System_43_-_45/camouflage_system_43_-_45.html

The battle of Stalingrad ended on 2 February 1943, so all the German vehicles should be grey.

Sad mistake and I guess you are right now is too late to correct it.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [21/01/2019] à 01:49

Hit the road, Maria!

Since it is an urgent order and exclamation one should not pause for any comma.

Get yourself into your tank NOW and hit the road Maria! :mrgreen:

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [21/01/2019] à 02:29

Rules booklet

-Page 2

During each Game Turn, you will secretly use your Order Tokens to determine which of your units you will command to take actions, and the order in which they will act.

Each of these units may take a Movement Action—to maneuver into a better position or claim an objective—or attack your enemies by taking a Firing Action.

Suggestion :

Each of these units may take a Movement Action to maneuver into a better position, claim an objective, even attack your enemies in an Assault or they can opt to shoot at the opponents by taking a Firing Action.

-Page 5

Moving Infantry Units

An infantry unit cannot move through enemy infantry units, or though friendly or enemy vehicles. → through

-Page 6

Warning: Some Wreck counters prohibit any unit (Infantry or Vehicle) from entering the squares they occupy. (See Impassible p.10-11) → Impassable

1- The ZoC of a unit within a Terrain Element containing offset squares extends only to the adjacent Offset squares (A) and the incomplete General grid squares overlapped by its position (B). boldface for (A) and (B) consistent with other examples.

-Page 7

2- The ZoC of a unit present in a square of the general grid extends to the surrounding boxes of this grid, whether complete (A) or incomplete (B). boldface for (A) and (B) consistent with other examples.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [21/01/2019] à 07:38

Quote from Moomer on [21/01/2019] à 02:29

Rules booklet

-Page 2

During each Game Turn, you will secretly use your Order Tokens to determine which of your units you will command to take actions, and the order in which they will act.

Each of these units may take a Movement Action—to maneuver into a better position or claim an objective—or attack your enemies by taking a Firing Action.

Suggestion :

Each of these units may take a Movement Action to maneuver into a better position, claim an objective, even attack your enemies in an Assault or they can opt to shoot at the opponents by taking a Firing Action.

Every unit can maneuver or shoot, but only units with Assault special ability can assault. It is not a standard action, so I don't think I would put in on that list otherwise it could give readers the idea that ANY unit can assault, and that is not true.

I think that is one of the reasons that Assault moved from the Activation section to the Special Abilities section.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [21/01/2019] à 07:50

Quote from jamingui on [21/01/2019] à 00:22

Quote from Colhammer on [20/01/2019] à 19:26

The Dunkelgelb was introduced on 22 February 1943. Here a small article about that.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepage_english/Miscellaneous/Camouflage_finish/Camouflage_System_43_-_45/camouflage_system_43_-_45.html

The battle of Stalingrad ended on 2 February 1943, so all the German vehicles should be grey.

Sad mistake and I guess you are right now is too late to correct it.

Oh, yes. 1943. My bad. I remembered the year wrong. Serves me right not to check my facts before posting. 😳

I did read a bit about the german panzer colours some years back when I was planning on painting my Flames of War armies, but it looks like I need a refresher course omn the subject!

Well, I'm glad then that the majority of the panzers are in the right colour then. I'm fine with a heroic platoon adapting a camo colors before others. They are Ghosts after all!

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [21/01/2019] à 07:51

Quote from Moomer on [21/01/2019] à 01:49

Hit the road, Maria!

Hit the road named Maria?

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [21/01/2019] à 08:16

Quote from Colhammer on [21/01/2019] à 07:51

Quote from Moomer on [21/01/2019] à 01:49

Hit the road, Maria!

Hit the road named Maria?

Exactly! Just put the comma in, please.

Comments on HoS Proofs Please! Posted on [21/01/2019] à 08:41

The tank that is labeled a Panzer IV Ausf F

looks like a Panzer III Ausf N.

The Ausf N being the only Panzer III with a short 75mm cannon.

just my 2 cents for what it's worth

If it is meant to be a Panzer IV Ausf F1 then it needs to have the engine deck changed to that of a Panzer IV.

Pages: 1 2 3 4