Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Aircraft Mechanics?
Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes Posted on [22/02/2019] à 19:29

Quote from poymaster on [22/02/2019] à 17:47

One house rule I'd like to try : you can't target aircraft before they have received their first order.

To me it won't change their game balance but you will be able to choose when they'll come to die ^^

It might also be seen as the aircraft still on it's way waiting for his "clear to go" order.

That sounds like a compromise worth considering.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes Posted on [22/02/2019] à 19:46

The pigs gave, at least on the French side of the forum, a preview of the Heroes of Stalingrad plane rules that do give more protections to planes.

The main difference is :

– any unit without limited range can shoot at a plane with an order

– only Flak units may fire at a plane without an order. Fighter planes do have Flak

So it is a lot safer (but useless) to stay away from the battlefield, and as soon a you fly by you are fair game.

That would be difficult to replicate in HoBR as there is no Flak ability, but you may house rule that flyers with no order are at long range to all.

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes Posted on [22/02/2019] à 21:18

Quote from Flar on [22/02/2019] à 19:46

The pigs gave, at least on the French side of the forum, a preview of the Heroes of Stalingrad plane rules that do give more protections to planes.

Could you link the post with that update, please?

I am certainly not opposed to those changes.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes Posted on [22/02/2019] à 21:50

Maybe a house rule for HoBR could be this (modifying that HoSTA rule little):

– any unit without limited range can shoot at a flyer with an order

– only flyer units may fire at a flyer without an order.

Then, if HoBR gets AA units (perhaps in the next P500?) the second line would include those also.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes Posted on [22/02/2019] à 22:02

Quote from poymaster on [22/02/2019] à 17:47

One house rule I'd like to try : you can't target aircraft before they have received their first order.

To me it won't change their game balance but you will be able to choose when they'll come to die ^^

It might also be seen as the aircraft still on it's way waiting for his "clear to go" order.

I like this idea. IT makes the unit worth using more. :mrgreen:

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes Posted on [22/02/2019] à 22:03

That would be difficult to replicate in HoBR as there is no Flak ability, …

… yet. :mrgreen:

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes Posted on [23/02/2019] à 19:38

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [22/02/2019] à 21:18

Could you link the post with that update, please?

I am certainly not opposed to those changes.

Well is seems that the most detailed post from a pig is on the English side: https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=10680.9#postid-70015

Still the other post where it is discussed.

The post where we discuss it in the French forum. With a word from gduprez https://www.devil-pig-games.com/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=11538.0#postid-75802

The original information from a Kickstarter update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1538673930/heroes-of-stalingrad-world-war-2-wargame-on-the-fr/posts/2154504

Another post that says that the actual detail by Clem is on the English forum: https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=11081.0#postid-70334

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes Posted on [23/02/2019] à 20:06

Thank you Flar for the links.

Quote from clem on [05/04/2018] à 16:32

Rules for aircraft (may change a little bit):

We use the AAA special ability for both AAA guns or vehicles and airplane fighters.

If the unit doesn't have the AAA special ability:

– It can shoot an airplane only if the airplane has an order token (even a Bluff)

– It suffers from the long range penalty (-2)

– It must not have a limited range special ability

– If the unit is a Heavy vehicle, it must use its secondary weapon

If the unit has the AAA special ability:

– It can shoot an airplane even if the airplane doesn't have an order token

– It doesn't suffer from the long range penalty (-2)

– AAA units don't have a limited range special ability

– If the unit is a Heavy vehicle, it may use its primary weapon

– If its AAA special ability has a bonus, it adds it to the dice result

Oh I like this. I hope it gets ported over to the HoBR as well.

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes Posted on [24/02/2019] à 06:27

I hate to be a "downer" here, but that was a post from last year and you will note includes the phrase "may change"

I asked Clem about the Aircraft

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 3:49 AM Clém wrote:

In HoN, they will use the side armor value (like for the templates).

As you don’t count the number of squares there’s no long range penalty at all. This penalty is already taken into account in the airplane armor values.

C.

Le 2 févr. 2019 à 09:11, Bob a écrit :

One more question: When shooting at an Aircraft, a unit with Limited Range cannot shoot, but is the Aircraft actually within 7 squares (or equivalent) or do units suffer a -2 hit modifier when trying to shoot at Aircraft? I feel this was asked somewhere, but I cannot find where so I am asking again. Sorry if this last is a repeat.

So you can see that the part about range penalties did not make it into the later mechanics.

I have a request for a clarification in to DPG, so let's see what they say.

Attacking from the rear (Heavy Vehicles) & Airplanes Posted on [10/05/2019] à 20:05

While putting together the collected errata thread, I realized I never answered this last part.

We use the AAA special ability for both AAA guns or vehicles and Aircraft have an equivalent Fighter special ability.

If the unit doesn't have the AAA/Fighter special ability:

– It can shoot an airplane only if the airplane has an order token (even a Bluff)

– It must not have a limited range special ability

– If the unit is a Heavy vehicle, it must use its secondary weapon

If the unit has the AAA special ability:

– It can shoot an airplane even if the airplane doesn't have an order token

– AAA units don't have a limited range special ability

– If the unit is a Heavy vehicle, it may use its primary weapon

– If its AAA special ability has a bonus, it adds it to the dice result

Pages: 1 2 3 4