Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Use extra set of tiles?
Use extra set of tiles? Posted on [26/01/2019] à 19:10

Just curious, has anyone picked up a second HoBR box for a second set of terrain boards?

Or tried a game using some Hon/Son terrain boards with their HoBR?

I am tempted to pick up a second box of HoBR just for the terrain boards. I love the idea of a nine board game. But I am also worried it will bog down and become too slow.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Added some clarity around what I was trying to ask.

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

Use extra set of tiles? Posted on [26/01/2019] à 19:20

There are sets of Core Box terrain for sale on the site. No need to buy a complete new box.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/product/set-de-terrain-boite-de-base-hon/

Handy if you need several open terrain tiles or lots of roads.

Maybe more suitable for the upcoming Militia expansion that seems to contain lots of vehicles suitable for troop transport.

Use extra set of tiles? Posted on [26/01/2019] à 19:25

Sorry Moomer, I should have been clearer in my original post. I was asking about buying a second box of HoBR for the second set of terrain boards from HoBR.

I am also curious about those who might have tried a larger game using their HON/SON terrain boards that they already have.

Sadly I have not seen either here or on ebay just the terrain boards from HoBR.

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

Use extra set of tiles? Posted on [27/01/2019] à 08:32

I have played HoBR units on HoN terrain boards. It works just fine because HoBR and HoN are compatible.

Mixing HoN and HoBR terrain boards in one game can be done, but doesn't really look that good because the art clashes.

So buying a second HoBR set for those extra terrain boards might be the only way to have unified look for now. But remember that DPG is planning to give us more HoBR expansions. Maybe a few more terrain boards are included in those new expansions? The Demon Hunters expansion for SoN contained terrain boards too. If the new HoBR expansions are similar style, then we would get our terrain board count to nine or over. We right now have seven boards so only few more are needed.

As for bigger games of nine boards or even more, I cannot comment on. My gaming table is small and six boards is the largest game I can set up. I think six is plenty anyway and bigger boards are really good for multiplayer games only.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Use extra set of tiles? Posted on [27/01/2019] à 15:18

Quote from Colhammer on [27/01/2019] à 08:32

As for bigger games of nine boards or even more, I cannot comment on. My gaming table is small and six boards is the largest game I can set up. I think six is plenty anyway and bigger boards are really good for multiplayer games only.

We've played two-player games of HoN using nine boards or more that worked just fine. It just depends on what the objectives are. We played a home-brewed scenario with a river down the middle, two bridges at the ends, US Rangers and Regulars vs German Regulars and a tank and it was a blast. It's a game that we still talk about. As they say, size doesn't matter, it's how you use it.

Use extra set of tiles? Posted on [27/01/2019] à 19:22

Quote from jyonkers on [27/01/2019] à 15:18

Quote from Colhammer on [27/01/2019] à 08:32

We've played two-player games of HoN using nine boards or more that worked just fine. It just depends on what the objectives are. We played a home-brewed scenario with a river down the middle, two bridges at the ends, US Rangers and Regulars vs German Regulars and a tank and it was a blast. It's a game that we still talk about. As they say, size doesn't matter, it's how you use it.

That sounds cool. Any special scenario rules? Any chance you could be persuaded to do a writeup, or at least an image of the map and army lists?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Use extra set of tiles? Posted on [27/01/2019] à 20:09

It's been awhile but I'll try to pull something together. Thanks for the interest.

Use extra set of tiles? Posted on [06/05/2020] à 18:18

I'd certainly be interested in a second set of HoBR terrain tiles if they were to become available in the shop or even as a P500/preorder once the outstanding ones have been fulfilled.

If at first you don’t succeed, use a bigger gun

Use extra set of tiles? Posted on [06/05/2020] à 20:28

If anything, the terrain from SoN would work great in a HoBR game. You have the swampy village, which would be perfect as a Ork hideout. Not only that, the caverns make for a magnificent hideout for Slaanesh cultists.

Use extra set of tiles? Posted on [07/05/2020] à 02:06

Quote from dafrca on [26/01/2019] à 19:10

Or tried a game using some Hon/Son terrain boards with their HoBR?

I've played two HoBR games on HoN/SoN tiles.

The first was a homebrew game — Germans (as Imperial Guard) vs Orks. The Imperial Guard armored column was ambushed by Orks as they transported their heavy guns on a road that went out of a town and through a forest. It was a great game and the Orks looked awesome on the Normandie terrain. The battle was a little one-sided since the Orks didn't bring enough anti-tank weaponry.

The second time I played first scenario of Desert Wrath with Space Marines vs Orks instead of Section M vs Black Sun. The Space Marine player fielded a Scout Squad lead by Sgt. Telion and were supported by a Stormtalon Gunship. The Orks brought lots of Slugga Boys and Warbuggies. It was a great match, and the HoBR units looked awesome on the Desert Wrath tiles … honestly a little better than on the Black Reach tiles 😉 (I really love the Desert Wrath tiles!)

Pages: 1