Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Print and Play
Print and Play Posted on [08/02/2019] à 12:42

Hi,all.

I posted this on BGG and was advised to put it on here..why not put print and play PDF files in the store for sale?

by files I mean the full game or expansion files.at a reduced price.this would get DPG some good funding.as PnP files are getting popular now..it would take very little to add them to the store page.no real administration needed once set up.and no costs at all in materials!..its a no brainer.!!

and,with the game system being card and paper its ideal.

theres no costs involved to DPG but they can get funding they need..im not talking for HoS and stuff in the pipeline.im on about games that are already out.HoN/HOBR etc etc

2 problems would be instantly eliminated. 1,postage costs very high and 2 out of stock problems wouldnt happen.

theres already pnp files in the store and have been for a few years so its nothing new.

its a win-win situation.

Print and Play Posted on [08/02/2019] à 12:51

And how long would it take for the P&P files to leak in the net?

Then nobody would pay DPG for them when they can download them for free… 🙁

Or maybe I'm just a pessimist? 😥

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Print and Play Posted on [08/02/2019] à 15:56

Quote from Colhammer on [08/02/2019] à 12:51

And how long would it take for the P&P files to leak in the net?

Then nobody would pay DPG for them when they can download them for free… 🙁

Or maybe I'm just a pessimist? 😥

I have seen that on the RPG side. A new book comes out and the same day you can find free downloads of it. 🙁

I do not think you are a pessimist, rather I think you are being a realist.

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

Print and Play Posted on [08/02/2019] à 16:02

I would hope that IF Devil Pig does not make it (of course I hope we never reach this scenario), or when printed products become harder to come by, the print and play option will be used.

But like Colhammer and Dafrca say, pirating will be a thing. D&D is one of those RPG's that has a pdf online for every book that's in the stores.

Ofcourse in the case of a "good bye scenario" that wont be a problem, since there's no company left to "take money from".

Print and Play Posted on [08/02/2019] à 19:01

I've mentioned elsewhere that I hope some or all of the DPG-approved (official) P&P items are made available for sale through the P500 printings. I would MUCH prefer a professionally-printed version than anything I could mock up myself, and getting things printed via Azao seems prohibitively expensive, of lower quality, and against the spirit of giving my money directly to the Devil Pigs! Perhaps, since this is fan-made material, the creators could get a small cut?

Since the effort has already been made to develop and proofread this material, and the artwork is completed, and they've been tested over years of play, it should be a snap to make these available in print. Let's get this stuff into the hands of the players, generate a little income, and spread the love!

Print and Play Posted on [08/02/2019] à 23:02

I could be wrong but I think I remember one of the pigs saying that they will eventually put out-of-stock / discontinued products for free as PnPs. But only because they know they will never restock them.

Print and Play Posted on [15/06/2019] à 01:56

I would rather pay for a proper print rather than to print and play. This game deserves high-quality print.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Pages: 1