Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
DPGs HoBR Storage System question
DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [08/02/2019] à 19:33

I just placed an order for the HoBR Storage system. I ordered:

1 – HoBR Game Elements box

2 – Orks storage boxes

2 – Ultramarines storage boxes

1 – Orks deck box

1 – Ultramarines deck box

This should be enough for the products out now as I understand it. My question for those who have the storage boxes now, will I have much room for new stuff?

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [08/02/2019] à 20:01

Nope. The current stuff in HoBR eats up all the space in that set. Any new stuff would need new storage bought.

I own everything that has appeared and I have the same number of storage that is in your list.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [08/02/2019] à 22:02

Quote from Colhammer on [08/02/2019] à 20:01

Nope. The current stuff in HoBR eats up all the space in that set. Any new stuff would need new storage bought.

I will need to order more for new product going forward but at least I ordered enough to cover what I already own.

Thank You

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [08/02/2019] à 22:13

Hopefully any new black reach stuff will also have storage boxes released with the sticker sheets to match the new units.

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [14/02/2019] à 22:04

Received my shipment today. Must admit, for some reason I pictured them larger in my head. Anyway, I will be able to shift from zip lock bags to nice storage boxes now. :mrgreen:

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [14/02/2019] à 22:34

I know this will sound like an advertisement, but I actually like the size of the storage. Then again, since I have everything it minimizes the shelf space it all takes up!

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [14/02/2019] à 22:59

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [14/02/2019] à 22:34

… I actually like the size of the storage. Then again, since I have everything it minimizes the shelf space it all takes up!

Once I saw them I was happy. It will take much less room than the present ziplock bag system I am using. It will also speed up things because I will not need to look through bags trying to find what I want to use.

EDIT: Fix spelling error

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [15/02/2019] à 08:06

I use everything together (HoN, SoN and HoBR) and the way you can pull out invidual drawers from the boxes and take just the platoons you are using in the current game is really great. Everything else stays in the shelf and you have just the stuff you need on the table.

I can also find everything I need for a game really fast. No suffling through endless counters anymore.

Before I got the DPG storage system, I had the troops in plastic storage boxes (that took more space from my self than the current storage system) and I had actually put all the platoon boards together in one of the Army boxes (because they were too big to store in the plastic boxes)!

So every time I was going to get a game ready, I had to shuffle through all the platoon boards to find the ones I wanted to use in the game…

I really like how you can store the platoon board WITH the corresponding unit chits in one drawer. That is the best part of the storage system. Everything that is a part of the platoon is in the same drawer.

Well, expect that 21.Panzer Panzergrenadier platoon board… It's too long to fit in a drawer… 👿

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [15/02/2019] à 20:02

Quote from Colhammer on [15/02/2019] à 08:06

…the way you can pull out individual drawers from the boxes and take just the platoons you are using in the current game is really great. Everything else stays in the shelf and you have just the stuff you need on the table.

Before I got the DPG storage system, I had the troops in plastic storage boxes (that took more space from my self than the current storage system) and I had actually put all the platoon boards together in one of the Army boxes (because they were too big to store in the plastic boxes)!

So every time I was going to get a game ready, I had to shuffle through all the platoon boards to find the ones I wanted to use in the game…

I really like how you can store the platoon board WITH the corresponding unit chits in one drawer. That is the best part of the storage system. Everything that is a part of the platoon is in the same drawer.

I agree with all of this. The modularity and clarity make it pretty simple to pull out what you need. (I do still have to sift through the gear to find the grenades, but that is a tiny part of what I used to have to do).

I have posted my old system. It worked fairly well but had the same problem — the recruitment tiles did not fit so had to be stored elsewhere. Much better to have everything from a platoon in the same place.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [18/02/2019] à 03:44

I am moving out of the bags and into the system. I find I am glad they gave the sheet telling what they though the 12 drawers would be for. I am also grateful for General_Warhammer's "Ultramarine & Ork Token Guides" as they helped me in a few cases where I was unsure what drawer something should be in. :mrgreen:

EDIT: For those who were unsure, General_Warhammer's "Ultramarine & Ork Token Guides" can be found over at the BGG HoBR entry under the "Files" tab.

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [19/02/2019] à 01:22

Last night I started to move into the storage system. Couple questions to insure I am not missing something.

1) The Marine drawers have one set aside for hero/characters but the Orks do not, correct?

2) Given #1 is true, then do you put the Ork hero/characters into their faction box? (Zoggrim for example)

3) Those who use the system, do you put stickers on every drawer/box?

4) The Aircraft go into the command drawer/box?

5) Other than the terrain tiles, do you keep anything else in the core box now?

Thank You

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [19/02/2019] à 03:45

There is a sheet stuck between the upper set and the outside box. Take all the top drawers out and you will find it.

It lists all the stickers and what they go to, which helps a lot 🙂

Marines have a "Command Orders/Customization" drawer and a "Support & Gears" drawer. Plus a drawer for Characters.

The Orks have only the "Command Orders/Customization" drawer and an "Ork Vehicles/Common" drawer. Although I did not put all the Ork vehicles in that drawer.

Personal note:

I put all the large vehicles/mechs in the upper drawer of the core storage, along with their damage markers, to keep things organized. So the Land Raiders, the bit Truks, and such.

The lower drawer one got the various "used during the game" templates and markers.

Hope that helps!

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [19/02/2019] à 05:32

Yes, that helps a lot. Thank You :mrgreen:

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [19/02/2019] à 10:01

Quote from dafrca on [19/02/2019] à 01:22

Last night I started to move into the storage system. Couple questions to insure I am not missing something.

5) Other than the terrain tiles, do you keep anything else in the core box now?

Thank You

Next to the seven terrain tiles, I keep the rules, the decks and both Land Raiders, Gorkanaut and Morkanaut in the Core Box. And that one little four-square terrain element from the Vanguard Veteran Squad expansion.

And sometimes the Turn Chart too, but you can put that on top of one the big drawers in the core box/game elements storage as well, it fits nicely between the inlay and the top lid.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [24/02/2019] à 02:57

Ended up with one I was unsure where to put it. Zoggrim. The clan symbol on the back of his tile is not any of the others. Did you just put him in the generic Orc box?

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [24/02/2019] à 21:53

Here is my observations of the storage system.

I elected not to get the storage system for HoN/SoN. But I went ahead and picked it up for HoBR. Overall I am glad I did so.

PROS:

It takes up a lot less space then the plastic box and zip-lock bag system I was using.

For the most part, it is faster and easier to organize before a game.

It eliminates 80% of the dig and search I had to do with the zip-lock bags.

I love the stickers telling me what is in the box.

CONS:

The lack of the finger whole in this set makes it hard at times to get the small boxes out.

You can't fit everything in the boxes. Too narrow for some elements.

WISH LIST:

A double wide small box to hold the larger items.

Blank Stickers to help allow me to organize some items better, an "additional purchase" option.

At this point I am thinking of getting a third box for each faction to help store everything better. Give me room to grow. Right now there is no room for either new items nor for custom items I wish to add to the set such as the print and play terrain from the forum.

Overall I would give the storage system Eight Stars out of Ten. I am glad I bought it and look forward to the future of the game.

dafrca

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [25/02/2019] à 08:00

I think you should wait to see what the P500 has to offer (assuming you are taking part in the HoBR P500).

New units mean we need new storage boxes. So we need to see how many new units are coming so that we can plan how many storage boxes we need.

There MIGHT be new storage box offered in the P500 (i.e. the box contains new sticker sheet) or at least there should be a separate sticker sheet offered.

So I wouldn't buy an extra storage box before we know more what is offered in the P500.

My HoBR storage box set is fully used now, so I know I need a new box for the upcoming extra units.

DPGs HoBR Storage System question Posted on [25/02/2019] à 15:42

Quote from Colhammer on [25/02/2019] à 08:00

I think you should wait to see what the P500 has to offer (assuming you are taking part in the HoBR P500).

Good Advice. And yes, I plan to buy into the P500. I have been setting aside funds so I see the wisdom in your suggestion. :mrgreen:

Thanks

Pages: 1