Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[Suggestion] HoS - Ideas For Expansions
HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [17/02/2019] à 19:52

I am very much looking forward to the release of the Heroes of Stalingrad.

In the future, I would like to see:

– Katyusha rocket launcher – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyusha_rocket_launcher

– Battle for Sevastopol – https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4084744

– Kliment Voroshilov tank

What are your thoughts or ideas?

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [17/02/2019] à 20:14

Well, the Katyusha doesn't belong to a game of this scale except as off board artillery (any more than the german counterpart Nebelwerfer).

BUT, that said, I would still want both of them as game pieces, if nothing more than target objectives for scenarios.

Sevastopol would be nice fight, but I feel like we haven't exhausted the Stalingrad yet.

There were talks of factory building that would be size of a map piece (or several?). I.e. the Tractor Works.

Then there are other famous buildings like the Pavlov's house to cover.

Germans need troop types like the Pioneers and I'd really would like to see the Russian Naval infantry inthe game (altough these could be introduced in Sevastopol also)

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [17/02/2019] à 20:15

It seems to me that at the game scale it might be difficult to simulate the large sweeping battles in the open steppes.

Stalingrad is a different set of fighting so should be a good fit.

In addition, I would think the battles around Leningrad and also the war between Russia and Finland might offer some close quarters action.

The ones you mentioned also would be interesting. I think there was even a gigantic gun employed at Sevastopol.

Kursk had some gigantic tank battles and lots of defensive emplacements. A good chance to create a narrative campaign and linked battles with powerful armored forces.

So lots of possibilities. For me Stalingrad is the main attraction.

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [17/02/2019] à 20:39

You are right.

I would absolutely love to see more building based battles.

Battle of Kursk may not fit into HoS but maybe 5 on 5 tank battle of some kind 🙂

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [17/02/2019] à 21:00

I hope/expect to see some sort of inclusion of the Volga along with dock terrain and riverboats for the soviets (enemy at the gates anyone? 😉 ). Apart from that I’d absolutely love to see some troops of the axis minors that fought in and near to Stalingrad. Italian infantry/mountain rifles, Hungarian armour, Romanian infantry, it would add a nice bit of flavour (rather than seperate blisters, an ‘axis minors army box’?).

I expect to see terrain for Pavlov’s House down the line along with other famous locations such as the grain silo. Beyond the city limits, I would really enjoy seeing Mamayev Kurgan!

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [03/03/2019] à 03:50

I really hope that we will see:

– T-34/85 and multiple tank battles.

– Lyudmila Pavlichenko – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [04/03/2019] à 07:48

Quote from Panache on [17/02/2019] à 21:00

I hope/expect to see some sort of inclusion of the Volga along with dock terrain and riverboats for the soviets (enemy at the gates anyone? 😉 ). Apart from that I’d absolutely love to see some troops of the axis minors that fought in and near to Stalingrad. Italian infantry/mountain rifles, Hungarian armour, Romanian infantry, it would add a nice bit of flavour (rather than seperate blisters, an ‘axis minors army box’?).

I expect to see terrain for Pavlov’s House down the line along with other famous locations such as the grain silo. Beyond the city limits, I would really enjoy seeing Mamayev Kurgan!

Volga riverside maps would be great, but if we aren't getting those, I think the Volga landings could be represented with the D-Day beach maps. Just put some houses next to the beach. (The HoN River maps are too narrow to represent Volga, so IMO the Beach maps would be better).

Grain silo map would be nice. The Russian Naval infantry fought there!

AXIS minor force would be nice too.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [05/03/2019] à 02:12

Oh man, we don't even have the CORE box yet! I know some folks prefer the Eastern Front, but still!

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [05/03/2019] à 03:40

What are your thoughts about winter tiles and terrain? Overly complicated (redundant) or practical?

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [05/03/2019] à 05:46

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [05/03/2019] à 02:12

Oh man, we don't even have the CORE box yet! I know some folks prefer the Eastern Front, but still!

LOL

You know how it is, if we were not always dreaming we wouldn't be gamers. :mrgreen:

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [05/03/2019] à 10:15

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [05/03/2019] à 02:12

Cult of the inexisting new! :mrgreen:

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [20/04/2019] à 15:12

Heroes of Stalingrad starts here – Soviet Storm: WWII in the East

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/soviet-storm-wwii-in-the-east/episodes/4228677

"On the 28th of June 1943 German troops launched Case Blue. They dashed towards Voronezh, Stalingrad, and Rostov-on-Don. The insufficiently embattled south sector of the Soviet-German front was breached. The retreat of the Soviet troops Eastward was going on when a famous order later called “Not a Step Back!” was issued. Special anti-retreat detachments were supposed to stop fleeing military units."

Expansion ideas:

Kliment Voroshilov tank

The Battle of the Caucasus – https://www.thetvdb.com/series/soviet-storm-wwii-in-the-east/episodes/4523583

The Battle of Kursk – https://www.thetvdb.com/series/soviet-storm-wwii-in-the-east/episodes/4228678

The Partisan War – https://www.thetvdb.com/series/soviet-storm-wwii-in-the-east/episodes/4523604

Many of the other key battles – https://www.thetvdb.com/series/soviet-storm-wwii-in-the-east/seasons/all

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [22/04/2019] à 08:51

Quote from Panache on [17/02/2019] à 21:00

YES, your idea is cool !!! Definitively; a VERY good idea for me, since I am an Italian fan of the game I'd like to see, and buy, an "Italian and other Axis' countries" box of some sort… With also the Italian "Milizia Fascista" and the famous Paratroopers – Commandos troop called "Folgore", and the "Alpini" army and the police force called "Carabinieri" that the Italians deployed on each theater into which they fought… So to speak, I'd like to play with the Italian Army as it was during the WW II, with its fascist troops along with its regular soldiers… And I'd also would like to have the chance to deploy Italian Anti-fascist troops and militians such as the famous "Partigiani" (Partisans which were the same as those seen into France and other occupied countries such as Greece and Poland).

I also would like to play with the italian "tankettes" called "scatole di sardine" by the same crew-members of those "tankettes"… And I also would like to have the chance to play with an Italian Army set not too much "racist" or full of prejudices towards us Italians: I would not tolerate something like an italian character or promo hero with mustaches "a' la Mario Bros" or with similar idiocies… Since italian males very rarely had mustaches during the 1900 century… Maybe that was an habit of the southern males in the 1800… But with the "Belle Epoque" that habit faded away. And today almost no one of the younger italian males do use the mustaches like Super Mario. That is a racist prejudice towards Italians… Same as the thing that "Jews are greedy and attached to money". Or similar stuffs.

By the way.

I really would like to see and buy such set of units (maybe not only "texturized" for the Russian front of Stalingrad but also with uniforms and tiles "texturized" with various versions to be played as they were on "different scenarios", from Africa to Europe, to Russian snowy landscapes and so on)…

I also would like to play with some french "Somua" tanks and to play the "very start" of the WW II, so to speak, I'd like to buy some "not too much expensive" set or "sprue" / "punchboard" involving Armies or units and tanks or trucks from Polish Army or similar, such as the Finnish one or the Japanese Army too (why not thinking about the Asiatic Theater of the War ???)…

HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [29/04/2019] à 15:46

A good reuse of Gazette #1 content or even a new expansions with mines would be to add T34 Mine Roller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxOVPt2ueT8

Taken from Soviet Storm: WW2 in the East" episode about "operation Bagration".

[Suggestion] HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [05/06/2019] à 00:09

Following up on my own post, there could be several good scenarios with mines in the Eastern Front as there were mines and minefields all over the place.

I really would like to see some Soviet minesweepers. Mines are great for capture and defence scenarios as well as a pursuit of retreating army units.

[Suggestion] HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [10/06/2019] à 02:58

Continuing the conversation with myself 🙂

HoN has FFI. Heroes of Stalingrad can introduce partisan (Soviet, Ukrainian, Polish, etc.). There were many of them and there are a lot of scenarios that this new faction can bring into the game.

[Suggestion] HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [15/06/2019] à 16:51

Good artists copy; great artists steal. 🙂

For some additional ideas for Heroes of Stalingrad expansions. I really want to see more Soviet units.

Borrowing from Company of Heroes Kickstarter:

– The King Tiger

– JagdPanther

– IS-3 Heavy Tank

– T-70 Tank

– KV-2 Assault Tank

– T-34/85

[Suggestion] HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [15/06/2019] à 17:08

The plot of the movie T-34 (2018) can be used as scenario expansion for HoS.

1. Assemble the crew.

2. Escape the Nazi camp on T-34/85

3. Avoid other tanks (novice) and Nazi units on the battlefield.

4. Escape to the roads.

5. Find a fuel station.

6. Go through the forest and get to the city.

7. Battle other tanks in the city.

8. Defeat Standartenführer Klaus Jäger in the final battle.

Movie with English subtitles – https://gostreams.to/t-34/

In 1941, junior lieutenant Nikolay Ivushkin (Alexander Petrov) is driving with a subordinate when they encounter a German Panzer III Tank. Through some courageous driving they manage to escape unscathed and get back to their men. At the village Nikolay is promoted to the rank tank commander of a damaged T-34 tank. His men and him attempt to delay a major German advance. They withstand withering fire and the T-34 takes many hits but manages to take out a number of German tanks. Finally at the end of the battle with most of the Russian defenders killed, and most of his tank crew dead, Nikolay and driver Stepan Vasilyonok are captured.

3 years later, Standartenführer Klaus Jäger (Vinzenz Kiefer) (who was a tank commander Ivkushin fought with back in 1941) is sent to a concentration camp by Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler to recruit a tank crew that will be used for target practice for the 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend. Upon recognising Nikolay (who was sent to the camp), he gets his interpreter Anya (Irina Starshenbaum), to convince Nikolay to take up Jäger's proposal. Jäger wants to use Nikolay as a pawn in war games that his own tank crews can use for target practise. Nikolay accepts the challenge but with a cunning plan of escape in mind.

Nikolay selects from the camp 3 other men, Vasilyonok, loader Serafim Ionov and gunner Demyan Volchok, whom he will train to crew the damaged T-34-85. The men resist initially, viewing Nikolay as a traitor and collaborator. As they present the tank the Germans request the Russians to clear out the dead bodies of its former crew. As they remove the bodies from the tank, they discover 4 armor piercing and 2 high explosive shells and hide them in the uniforms of the dead crewmen. The Russians bury the crew and the shells outside of the camp on the tank range. During this time, Nikolay develops a bond with Anya. After a period of days the crew are allowed into the tank ground where Nikolay heads directly for the burial ground and retrieves the 6 shells.

Back at the camp as Jäger is giving a presentation to members of the high command and extolling the virtues of what his exercise will provide. Anya in the meantime, sneaks into his office and steals the maps for escaping to Czech Republic. She then leaves the camp.

Meanwhile the exercise commences. The Germans watch as one of their tanks advances on the "unarmed" T-34-85. The Russian fire and destroy the German tank and quickly fire a high explosive shell at the German observation post killing most of the men present while Jäger and a general narrowly escape. The T-34 escapes from the camp damaging a number of vehicles in the process and the Russians rejoice as the Germans plot how to capture and destroy the T-34-85. Anya meanwhile is collected outside of the camp by Nikolay and his men. They realise they are trapped deep in German territory and plot a course to bring them back to the German lines.

Jäger meanwhile gets some planes to find the missing T-34-85 and locates them. He then takes command of 4 German Panther tanks and sets a trap for Nikolay in a small town. Nikolay and his crew burn their clothes and resupply themselves with fresh clothing and food and enjoy their night of freedom. Nikolay later sends her on her way, knowing that the Germans will hunt them down and most likely kill them.

In the town, T-34-85 encounters Jäger and his squadron of 3 tanks. Nikolay, through cunning and guile disposes of one tank before sending Volchok, armed with a grenade out to take over one of the other Panzers. Nikolay crashes through walls before colliding with one of the tanks. The Russians manually turn the damaged turret and manage to get a shot off just as the Panther is about to fire and destroy the tank. Unfortunately Jäger has arrived with his tank and he lines up his Panther to destroy Nikolay. However, Volchok manages to get a shell out of the Panther he damaged. Jäger's tank is also damaged but he quickly disposes of the captured Panther, badly wounding Volchok in the process.

Both Jäger and Nikolay emerge from their tanks and Jäger throws down his glove, inviting Nikolay to a duel. Both tanks move to outside of the town and face off over a narrow bridge leading to an aqueduct. Jäger fires one shot at the T-34 front but the shell does not penetrate due to the spare tracks added to the frontal armor, and a second shot up at the T-34-85's tracks, while Nikolay aims for the weakest spot on the Panther the driver's vision port. Both shots hit their intended targets and two tanks crashed into each other. The Panther is left hanging dangerously over the aqueduct and Jäger emerges just as Nikolay clambers out of his tank. Jäger shouts for Nikolay to shoot him but Nikolay offers his foe mercy. He offers Jäger his hand and the German seems to accept it, but instead shakes his hand in respect before releasing it. Seconds later, he plunges to his death with his tank into the river, as Nikolay watches. The crew decide to ditch the damaged tank, not wanting the Germans to re-use it.

The crew reunites with Anya, whom Nikolay instructed to meet at the field. Closing titles reveal that all of 4 crew members survived the war and have started new lives for themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-34_(film)#Plot

[Suggestion] HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [18/06/2019] à 15:39

Here is a cool website with a list of potential vehicles that we can have in HoS Eastern front.

Soviet – http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/soviet/ww2_Soviet_Tanks.php

German – http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/ww2_german_panzers.php

[Suggestion] HoS - Ideas For Expansions Posted on [19/06/2019] à 00:27

Nebelwerfers and Katyusha would be very cool.

We already have access to the fanmade Calliope.

These playing pieces aren't suitable for scenarios on one map.

But scenarios could be taking part on two or more different map segments.

Although close together on the gaming table, these areas are quite far apart in the scenario.

On Map A a major battle could be taking place, under influence of the long distance artillery on map B. Perhaps more randomisation for determining the target square. An a bigger blast pattern?

Roll a die for the amount of allowed salvos?

An artillery spotter on map A might make matters worse until eliminated.

Include a die roll for friendly fire?

The artillery fires on A with intervals for reloading until partizans/a sniper on map B succeed in taking out the guns or its crew. There is also airforce that can be used to try this. Roll a die to check if or when the plane gets there. One plane or several?

There could be AA posted on map B as well.

Options for limited ammunition.

A supply truck that might or might not make it to the guns?

Guns that do not fire until the truck has arrived whilst the battle on map A rages on already. Roll a die for ETA of the truck?

Quite a few options to provide some variation for the same scenario.

Pages: 1