Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3
P500 - Poll
P500 - Poll Posted on [13/03/2019] à 00:04

I think that Bokrug has a great idea. I would love to see a castle from Where Eagles Dare and some kind of documents or rescue mission(s).

I would also welcome more modular tiles with mountains and buildings.

As a customer, I am primarily interested in HoN and HoS. WWI or HoBR is not something that I am interested in at all. WWI is an important time period in history but I have no interest in it compared to WWII. I also think that the age demographics for the people who buy HoN is geared more toward WWII.

One other game mechanic that I have not seen yet in the heroes system is spies. Still have to figure out how this would work, but some missions with spies could be interesting and fun.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

P500 - Poll Posted on [13/03/2019] à 00:43

I recently started watching Network National Geographic WWII's Greatest Raids.

Each episode covers an operation during the Second World War. Through a reconstruction and interviews with experts on tactics and weapons, the operation is discussed.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4148038/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

Here are five more P500 projects for HoN:

Rangers Lead the WayPointe Du Hoc Expansion.

US Army Rangers spearhead the biggest amphibious landing in history – the allied Invasion of France. They must conquer vertical cliffs before taking on the determined enemy. Then destroy the guns that threaten to blow the Allied fleet out of the water.

Mountain Massacre

The Black Devils, a joint US-Canadian elite mountain warfare unit, are about to go into action. They must mount a do-or-die night-time assault up a treacherous mountain, in extreme weather, to take on heavily-entrenched battle hardened German defenses.

Hitlers Last Bridge

A brave band of regular GI's are tasked with saving the last bridge and final gateway to the Third Reich. The bridge is bristling with German guns loaded with explosives. Worse, the enemy plan to destroy the bridge if the American unit assaults it.

Strike from the SkyHeroes of Normandie: Pegasus Bridge.

British light infantry must crash land by glider in Northern France then take and hold two key bridges in the hands of a heavily armed enemy.

Sas vs. Rommel

The SAS launches a daring raid behind enemy lines on a German airfield in the Sahara Desert. If they succeed in destroying Rommel's supply planes, their action could turn the tide of war and allow the British to drive the Germans out of North Africa.

Commando Do or Die

British commandos attempt a head-on amphibious assault against a heavily-defended enemy port. Their mission: to take out the dock facilities of St.Nazaire, before they become a base for Germany's biggest battleship.

P500 - Poll Posted on [13/03/2019] à 01:12

Quote from slyfox on [13/03/2019] à 00:04

One other game mechanic that I have not seen yet in the heroes system is spies. Still have to figure out how this would work, but some missions with spies could be interesting and fun.

Go check out the French Militia Project thread, page 3. They have a unit they call the mole that is an interesting mechanic. could be similar to how a spy is used maybe.

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

P500 - Poll Posted on [13/03/2019] à 01:18

Quote from dafrca on [13/03/2019] à 01:12

Quote from slyfox on [13/03/2019] à 00:04

Go check out the French Militia Project thread, page 3. They have a unit they call the mole that is an interesting mechanic. could be similar to how a spy is used maybe.

Don't want to see it on page 3. I want to see French Militia Project on page 1 of the next HoN P500 project. 😎

P500 - Poll Posted on [13/03/2019] à 03:06

Quote from slyfox on [13/03/2019] à 01:18

Don't want to see it on page 3. I want to see French Militia Project on page 1 of the next HoN P500 project. 😎

And the Slyfox swings it back on topic. :mrgreen:

P500 - Poll Posted on [14/03/2019] à 13:35

I just watched National Geographic WWII's Greatest Raids episode 3 "Hitlers Last Bridge" last night and I think that this would be an awesome scenario for HoN. Maybe this can go into a compendium scenario book.

I posted this earlier but here is the description:

"A brave band of regular GI's are tasked with saving the last bridge and final gateway to the Third Reich. The bridge is bristling with German guns loaded with explosives. Worse, the enemy plan to destroy the bridge if the American unit assaults it."

The Ludendorff Bridge was in early March 1945 one of two remaining bridges across the river Rhine in Germany when it was captured during the Battle of Remagen by United States Army forces during the closing weeks of World War II.

P500 - Poll Posted on [14/03/2019] à 16:17

Read your history books, boys. There are hundreds of historical actions that, with a little work, can be adapted into scenarios. Everyone I have ran into that plays this game is a WW2 buff, knows all sorts of obscure facts about the war and probably has read stacks of books about it. Try fitting some of your favorite stories into the game. Slyfox has made some great suggestions. On a further note, a compendium of scenarios would be really great. Rules for spies and espionage would also be fantastic and would take the Hero System in a completely new direction, almost like a game within the game.

P500 - Poll Posted on [26/03/2019] à 03:24

If we will ever get any desert tiles, I think that SAS vs. Rommel scenario is a good one. Just watched the episode.

The SAS launches a daring raid that destroyed 37 enemy airplanes and cemented the reputation of the SAS.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/the-daring-sas-raid-that-destroyed-37-enemy-airplanes-and-cemented-the-reputation-of-the-sas.html

P500 - Poll Posted on [30/03/2019] à 16:36

There are desert tiles in the Shadows Egyptian-themed expansion….

P500 - Poll Posted on [30/03/2019] à 18:20

Quote from Swishtail on [30/03/2019] à 16:36

There are desert tiles in the Shadows Egyptian-themed expansion….

SoN is not HoN or HoS. Thus, I would want to see something official without the monsters theme.

P500 - Poll Posted on [30/03/2019] à 18:51

The tiles are completely interchangeable by design.

P500 - Poll Posted on [30/03/2019] à 18:53

I would rather see an official expansion or a tile set with scenarios rather than buy an expansion for a different game with a bunch of unnecessary components.

P500 - Poll Posted on [04/04/2019] à 01:45

Reporting back from my hunt for GE Airborne.

I contacted every member on BGG who has GE Airborne deck in their inventory with the exception of Nostradunwhich and Bart to see if anyone is not playing the game anymore. No luck as most people play the game and those who don't will only sell the whole lot.

I searched Google in and out with various keywords combinations. Nothing.

I did see the item on eBay last week and made a bid but it was sold for more that I was willing to pay.

This is a good indication for the next P-500.

P500 - Poll Posted on [04/04/2019] à 03:19

Quote from slyfox on [04/04/2019] à 01:45

I did see the item on eBay last week and made a bid but it was sold for more that I was willing to pay.

I see the German set sold for more then the original "Buy Now" price. Interesting.

P500 - Poll Posted on [05/04/2019] à 04:08

I'd like to see:

– Battleground Set 3 – Rails and Roads

– Battleground Set 4 – Woods and Hills

– FFI

– Compendium Scenario Book

P500 - Poll Posted on [05/04/2019] à 04:34

Battleground Set 3 – Rails and Roads – was in the first P500.

P500 - Poll Posted on [05/04/2019] à 09:27

Quote from jaew03 on [05/04/2019] à 04:08

I'd like to see:

This product was announced to show up in the upcoming preorder for Shadows over Normandie. Together with Cthulhu Mythos Call #3.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

P500 - Poll Posted on [05/04/2019] à 09:39

Quote from bartdevuyst on [05/04/2019] à 09:27

Quote from jaew03 on [05/04/2019] à 04:08

I'd like to see:

This product was announced to show up in the upcoming preorder for Shadows over Normandie. Together with Cthulhu Mythos Call #3.

Exactly, it was announced here.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/p500-mode-cochons/

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

P500 - Poll Posted on [05/04/2019] à 14:29

I confirm. The next P500 will be for SoN.

P500 - Poll Posted on [05/04/2019] à 15:57

Quote from gduprez on [05/04/2019] à 14:29

I confirm. The next P500 will be for SoN.

As a big fan and supporter of HoN I would like to get the Woods & Hills terrain. I am not interested in SoN. However, the shipping will likely be high as usual.

Any way to add the Woods & Hills terrain to HoN 2.0 sale to combine shipping? Maybe offer woods and hills terrain with the next P500 as well?

Pages: 1 2 3