Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
Tournaments and Organized Play
Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [14/06/2019] à 15:06

That looks fine.

In previous tournaments players needed to register before the event so that the participants could be split up in two groups (GE and US). You got assigned to a group so you knew which faction you were playing before the event. In that case, you only needed to bring one list. Only one match was played with no consecutive rounds.

But it's a good idea to let people make multiple lists, one per faction.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [17/06/2019] à 14:17

I don't think we should mix the games for tournaments. The best way is to do either a HoN tournament or a HoS tournament.

For the HoN tournaments I organize, each player prepares two army lists:

– one for the Germans,

– a US or Commonwealth (but not both).

In general I propose 2 scenarios that each player will play once with his GE list and once with his US or Commonwealth list,

for a total of 4 games.

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [17/06/2019] à 18:49

Quote from slyfox on [14/06/2019] à 04:19

4. A player can bring four lists: GE, US, Commonwealth, and Soviet. A player can then choose which army to play depending on the initiative.

6. Country is determined by the initiative. Players roll for initiative and the payer who has the initiative choose which list he wants to play, the other player then chooses an opposite side. For example, player one has the initiative and chooses to play with a commonwealth army. Player two has to play with a GE army list.

The problem I see with these rules are that players can bring, for example, a vehicle heavy UK list, an anti-tank US list and a Infantry heavy Soviet list and choose which list to use depending on the GE list your opponent is fielding.

gduprez' sollution is better. You only bring 2 lists to the tournament : 1 GE and for the other you choose between UK, US or soviet.

The player who has the initiative must then choose between Axis and Allies.

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [18/06/2019] à 04:58

@Eclo Good point. I think that a limit of 2 armies is a good rule. One Axis and one Allied army.

@gduprez I am not sure that I would agree with limiting tournaments to HoN or HoS.

You may include recruitment tiles from different factions in your army, but they need to share at least one of the badge symbols that surround the title of the tile.

Compendium pg. 33

Share is optional for historical battles. No badge is needed for skirmish scenarios.

I think the same should apply to HoN and HoS for better playability. Some people may have HoN and some may have HoS. Both are compatible and in the same time period. Thus, a player should be allowed to have one GE and one Allied army from any big box.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [10/09/2019] à 01:50

September 2019 scenarios.

Please help to translate these scenarios into English:

Those of you who speak French, please help to translate these scenarios:

Map 1 – https://www.devil-pig-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/OPJH-Bache1.jpg

Scenario 1 – http://les-chauds-six-hon.e-monsite.com/medias/files/opjh-2019-s1-le-train-sifflera-3-fois-v2-09092019.pdf

Map 2 – https://www.devil-pig-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/OPJH2019-Scenario2.jpg

Scenario 2- http://les-chauds-six-hon.e-monsite.com/medias/files/opjh-2019-s2-la-course-a-l-embarcadaire-v2-09092019.pdf

2018 Scenarios

Scenario 1 – Late night Fireworks – http://les-chauds-six-hon.e-monsite.com/medias/files/s1-2018-late-nigth-firework-v3.pdf

Scenario 2 – http://les-chauds-six-hon.e-monsite.com/medias/files/s2-2018-histoire-de-patrouille-v2.pdf

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [10/09/2019] à 10:03

I'll translate them again if you like. I just need some time.

I'm happy to see my railway map getting used. :mrgreen:

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [10/09/2019] à 14:18

@Bart, please do. You are our main link to the French side of the game 🙂

Meanwhile, I'll see if I can get the local players together for an event in September using these maps.

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [10/09/2019] à 19:17

Does the tournaments rules were translated in english ? Because these scenarios mainly reminds the tournaments rules. In you want a basic translation :

scenario 1 : Blabla 250 pts and 4 orders. 6 turns, Vehicules have to deploy on the arrow and can't use scout. Buildings can't be destroyed but your can pierce holes in them. Red Objectives gives 2 victory points, yellow ones gives 1. Need guys to control objectives. Dude with the most victory points at the end wins. In case of a draw, the one with the most destruction points (the ones on the back of the recruitment tiles) wins.

Scenario 2 : Same early blabla. Can't use scout . No one. Period ! Your units enter on the battlefield by the arrow on your side (either during their activation or reserve phase). Buildings can't be destroyed but your can pierce holes in them (damn, you should know by now !). For heavy and light vehicules, movement on a non road square cost double and for each square, roll a dice : on a 1-3, end the movement and place a suppressed token on the unit, 4-6: you can go on … if you wish. Objectives, Victory points, win, the same as previous.

I warned, rough translation.

Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both. Erwin Rommel

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [11/09/2019] à 22:03

Moomer has translated the two files

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/dlm_download/opjh2019_en/

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [11/09/2019] à 22:34

Very cool! Thanks for the work Moomer! <3 <3

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [12/09/2019] à 13:12

Thank you very much Moomer!

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [19/09/2019] à 21:02

FYI: Scenario 2 of the 2019 scenarios has been updated to fix some mistakes.

Also, the 2018 scenarios are now available in the downloads section.

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [20/09/2019] à 09:31

For the 2019 tournament, both files have been updated and the general tournament rules have been translated as well. Check out the link I previously posted

Tournaments and Organized Play Posted on [20/09/2019] à 09:49

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [19/09/2019] à 21:02

FYI: Scenario 2 of the 2019 scenarios has been updated to fix some mistakes.

Also, the 2018 scenarios are now available in the downloads section.

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

Fyi, these links are broken.

Pages: 1 2