Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
TIL more about Valedor
TIL more about Valedor Posted on [25/03/2019] à 18:50

For fun I was looking up info on Valedor and learned some interesting stuff. Seems the world had some Marines and Sisters of Battle on it when the bugs overwhelmed it. Seems most imperial forces were destroyed except a small force of the Order of the Sacred Rose.

Valedor had been an Eldar Maiden World before the Imperials arrived. The Eldar forces, that included Iyanden, Biel-Tan, and Drukhari forces, tried to stop the bugs but in the end they destroyed the planet to stop the bugs.

I have ordered the novel about the last days of Valedor to read. Sounds like quite the interesting setting for the next Ho40k box set. :mrgreen:

Member of the “Cult of the Inexisting New” – Thanks bartdevuyst

TIL more about Valedor Posted on [25/03/2019] à 19:21

Yep, If there's one thing GW is good at it is creating settings/fluff/etc… 😆

https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/valedor-ebook.html

This setting has the possibility for multiple armies (plus dice, tokens,…) : Leviathan and Kraken on the Tyranid side and on the Eldar side : Iyanden en Biel-Tan (with Dark Eldar as an optional extra)

TIL more about Valedor Posted on [10/01/2020] à 20:30

Has there been any news about this game? It is due early 2020 and I am looking forward to getting a copy as soon as it is available.

I was hoping we would see some updates or artwork soon.

TIL more about Valedor Posted on [11/01/2020] à 21:46

Quote from kenofyork on [10/01/2020] à 20:30

Has there been any news about this game? It is due early 2020 and I am looking forward to getting a copy as soon as it is available.

I was hoping we would see some updates or artwork soon.

That's not true. Valedor was always "Mid 2020" with the Ork Reinforcement P500 was "Early 2020" for delivery. Given that the Ultramarine Reinforcement P500 is in limbo and I believe that was planned for happening before Valedor, to wrap up Black Reach before moving onto the next stand alone, chances are Valedor has been pushed back rather far, if it's happening at all.

KS isn't a possibility for several reasons, the least of which is: It's Game Workshops' IP, and they don't let that go to Kickstarter.

"I have no idea what the state of the HoBR P500 is nor what is up with the new HoBR core game. The fact that there have not been any previews would lead me to believe it would be near the end of "first half of 2020" at the earliest… But, unlike the HoWW2 line, HoBR stuff must be approved by GW, so we may not see the development work as it progresses."

TIL more about Valedor Posted on [11/01/2020] à 21:48

Quote from Eclo on [25/03/2019] à 19:21

This setting has the possibility for multiple armies (plus dice, tokens,…) : Leviathan and Kraken on the Tyranid side ..

While I think it's awesome this setting features two Tyranid Hive Fleets (a pretty rare occurrence), I actually hope they depict only one Hive Fleet for the sake of custom battles.

With two Hive Fleets, I imagine some units would only be available for one Hive Fleet (because they have limited print space, they may only have one brood of Zoanthropes, for example) — so custom battles may be forced to use two Hive Fleets.

In the end, I won't be complaining as I'm excited to play as the Tyranids (my favorite army!). I'm greedy enough to want both Leviathan and Kraken anyways … 🙂

TIL more about Valedor Posted on [02/10/2020] à 23:59

I have been losing some faith in projects, but this one I really, really want to see happen.

Is there any chance at all that this one becomes a reality?

One of the reasons I keep spending on pre-orders, P500 and kick starter is to keep the lights on in the hope that more 40K factions will be officially made.

Is it time to give up on this?

TIL more about Valedor Posted on [03/10/2020] à 17:31

would also love to c this happen

Spaceman

Pages: 1