Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Abilities questions
Abilities questions Posted on [07/04/2019] à 17:12

1. Bill Furlong can be added to German infantry only? Making them 'disoriented' Correct? Ludwig has a similar ability

2. Leaders Gerhardt, Dwyer and Master have a command ability of an activation star without a die in it. Does that mean one automatic activation?

3. Passive Support abilities: If no range icon is overlayed does that mean any adjacent unit of that type can use the save value?

4. Von Obstfelder has an icon that has a 'sneaky' ability but it also has circular arrows around it. Does this change the nature of 'sneaky' at all?

Abilities questions Posted on [08/04/2019] à 13:46

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to piggyback onto this post:)

When a general or HQ (US card #100 Maj. Gen. Taylor in this example) uses his 'Forward' ability to move two adjacent airborne units forward one square. Does this activate the two airborne units??

With the 'Fire' ability, the rules state: One or all of the Unit Cards of the unit type specified by the ability’s icon may make a single Shooting attack with

the shooting value of their choice. They do not have to have been activated. Does this mean that you can give a 'Fire' to already activated units?

Abilities questions Posted on [08/04/2019] à 21:57

Quote from littleidiot on [07/04/2019] à 17:12

2. Leaders Gerhardt, Dwyer and Master have a command ability of an activation star without a die in it. Does that mean one automatic activation?

yes

3. Passive Support abilities: If no range icon is overlayed does that mean any adjacent unit of that type can use the save value?

yes

Abilities questions Posted on [08/04/2019] à 22:00

Quote from peanutt on [08/04/2019] à 13:46

When a general or HQ (US card #100 Maj. Gen. Taylor in this example) uses his 'Forward' ability to move two adjacent airborne units forward one square. Does this activate the two airborne units??

No, they just moved, they are not activate.

If they were activated, they can move too.

Quote from peanutt on [08/04/2019] à 13:46

With the 'Fire' ability, the rules state: One or all of the Unit Cards of the unit type specified by the ability’s icon may make a single Shooting attack with

the shooting value of their choice. They do not have to have been activated. Does this mean that you can give a 'Fire' to already activated units?

Yes

Abilities questions Posted on [06/05/2019] à 10:45

In the letter number 109 (Gen. Gerhardt), it has an icon with the infinite symbol and two icons of engineers. What is the meaning of this symbol ?, remove two field defenders markers? (minefield, barbed wire, anti-tank …)?

Abilities questions Posted on [06/05/2019] à 14:40

1. Bill Furlong can be added to German infantry only? Making them 'disoriented' Correct? Ludwig has a similar ability

4. Von Obstfelder has an icon that has a 'sneaky' ability but it also has circular arrows around it. Does this change the nature of 'sneaky' at all?

You can add an American sniper to a German unit ?!? That sounds odd and weird to me… I think that you should follow history and add American troops to American armies and viceversa, German Units to German or SS armies…

Abilities questions Posted on [06/05/2019] à 20:02

You can add an American sniper to a German unit ?!? That sounds odd and weird to me… I think that you should follow history and add American troops to American armies and viceversa, German Units to German or SS armies…

I think the sniper is adding a detrimental effect to the enemy unit in this case. If a sniper was firing at my unit I'd get a bit 'disoriented' too. That sounds historical to me. He's targeted the enemy unit.

Abilities questions Posted on [07/05/2019] à 05:16

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [06/05/2019] à 14:40

You can add an American sniper to a German unit ?!? That sounds odd and weird to me… I think that you should follow history and add American troops to American armies and vice-versa, German Units to German or SS armies…

You might want to check how Heroes generally work in the TCG, and how some effects are designated. You are not adding an American Sniper to a German unit. The Hero marker is used to designate which card receives the effect of the Hero card as you put it into play.

It looks like you can add Bill Furlong's token (consider it his "attention") to an enemy infantry or artillery card, and that card cannot be given a Directive (The "Disorientated" effect is described in the Core rulebook). As littleidiot mentioned, that seems like a perfectly reasonable use of a Sniper.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Abilities questions Posted on [07/05/2019] à 17:47

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [07/05/2019] à 05:16

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [06/05/2019] à 14:40

You can add an American sniper to a German unit ?!? That sounds odd and weird to me… I think that you should follow history and add American troops to American armies and vice-versa, German Units to German or SS armies…

You might want to check how Heroes generally work in the TCG, and how some effects are designated. You are not adding an American Sniper to a German unit. The Hero marker is used to designate which card receives the effect of the Hero card as you put it into play.

It looks like you can add Bill Furlong's token (consider it his "attention") to an enemy infantry or artillery card, and that card cannot be given a Directive (The "Disorientated" effect is described in the Core rulebook). As littleidiot mentioned, that seems like a perfectly reasonable use of a Sniper.

Where I can find that rule you suggested me to re-read ?!? And what is TCG ?

Abilities questions Posted on [07/05/2019] à 21:09

Tactical Card Game

Abilities questions Posted on [07/05/2019] à 21:34

The rules for Heroes. However, I now think the core problem is more a "spirit of the rules vs. letter of the rules" sort of thing. Perhaps it is my fault for reading the rules and trying to understand the intent of the writers more than just what is written. I find that sort of understanding (or at least my verison of it 😉 ) can help me understand how to deal with corner cases and things like that.

There is no explicit rule, it is just that the mechanic is to put the Hero token on a unit that is being affected by the unit's abilities. For MOST Heroes (and the example in the rules), that is a positive effect on a friendly unit.

For snipers, it is rather the opposite. They project an ability onto enemy units. But the "project an ability" mechanics is what I am talking about — My understanding is that this is pretty much what the mechanic is about, and that makes sense for how Snipers work.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Abilities questions Posted on [09/05/2019] à 12:31

Quote from Totoll on [07/05/2019] à 21:09

Tactical Card Game

I thought that those questions and rules were from Heroes of Normandie instead the post was referring to Heroes of Normandie the Dice Game…

He has not specified the fact I mention here… So… That is why I did

not find the rules he was talking about !!! They are from another game !!!

Gosh… Be more precise when posting questions about things such as rules

or characters; next time…

;-P

Abilities questions Posted on [09/05/2019] à 18:55

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [09/05/2019] à 12:31

Gosh… Be more precise when posting questions about things such as rules

or characters; next time…

;-P

You mean, like maybe posting it in an entirely different forum, whose title clearly states "HoN, the Card Game"? 😈

Even the "Forum News" bar on the left side of the page has a TcG tag to identify that a post belongs to a different forum.

Pages: 1