Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Howitzer vs. Indirect Fire efficiency..
Howitzer vs. Indirect Fire efficiency.. Posted on [08/06/2019] à 02:58

Is it me or due to the fact that indirect fire ignores obstacles for combat value penalties that there are (potentially many) situations where you would want to intentionally block your own units LoS with indirect fire (via another vehicle or moving it behind blocking terrain) in order to negate multiple layers of obstructing terrain caused by using the howitzer rule?

Am I missing something here? I know there is a chance for scatter but I would take that over a large penalty.

Howitzer vs. Indirect Fire efficiency.. Posted on [08/06/2019] à 11:02

In reality, the chance for scatter is rather high so it’s very situational. There’s 66% that there will be scattering. If your opponent is smart, he makes sure that his units are nicely spread out, or otherwise he’ll learn fast enough when a well placed indirect fire hit takes out four targets at once! 😈

In comparison, the Thunderfire Cannon for instance has better Combat Values when taking a direct Howitzer shot than its values on the B template. It just depends on the situation.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Howitzer vs. Indirect Fire efficiency.. Posted on [08/06/2019] à 23:48

Thanks. While we are at it can you clarify that the distance scattered (barring other special rules) is a minimum of 2 and is always based on the template fired? So a C always scatters 3 spaces…

Howitzer vs. Indirect Fire efficiency.. Posted on [09/06/2019] à 00:20

Yup, always check the blast template for the scattering distance.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Pages: 1