Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3
[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One
[Preview HoN 2.0] German 2nd Panzer Posted on [12/06/2019] à 10:29

On the French forum, there's a cool post by Axe about converting some Recruitment Tiles to other divisions. We all know, and love, the 4th Infantry Division guys from the Heroes of Normandie core box that landed on Utah Beach. There are no tiles for the divisions that landed with the first waves on Omaha Beach, as the 29th Inf. Division and the 1st Infantry Division (The Big Red One) did.

In that topic is a post by Yann, with a preview for The Big Red One. It looks like a HoN 2.0 preview, but there's no more info about it.

Quote from yann on [12/06/2019] à 00:21

Citation de beleg01 Le [09/06/2019] à 19:17

Sans vouloir mettre le feu aux poudres… J'ai entendu dire que les D.P faisaient du neuf dans leur nouvelle version V2 pour justement nous faire profiter de la Big Red One…

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

On parlerais d'un truc genre comme ca ?

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

1st Infantry Division - The Big Red One Posted on [12/06/2019] à 14:29

My gawd!! If these are released I'm going to have to play allied some more! Awesome ^_^ Thanks for sharing

1st Infantry Division - The Big Red One Posted on [12/06/2019] à 19:30

Shut up and take my money ❗ 🙄 😯 😀

Don’t like the cigarette in Clint’s tile.

Please pass on the request to the French forum to include the new stickers.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

1st Infantry Division - The Big Red One Posted on [12/06/2019] à 19:34

I’m sure there will be a new storage system with the appropriate stickers when the 2.0 preorder starts.

1st Infantry Division - The Big Red One Posted on [12/06/2019] à 20:34

Wow. That is a big shift from the earlier preview. I like it.

I am a bit disappointed they did not take the opportunity to add Sgts to the units, so they would be "in line" with other expansion units.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 08:46

Taking a closer look, I am disappointed to see that the two permanent stars are still in the Bonus Tactics counters. Two of the other single-use powers have been replaced by blanks, but the two stars are still there.

Those can really unbalance a game if one player ends up with both of them due to happenstance.

Since there are 7 tiles on the 3 US boards, perhaps there is a similar number on the German boards and this will not be that bad… or at least I can just lock the two permanent stars away in a dark dungeon and play with the others 😉

Did I mention I am not a fan of the permanent stars? Just wanted to make sure I mentioned that…

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 09:30

Quote from slyfox on [12/06/2019] à 19:30

Shut up and take my money ❗ 🙄 😯 😀

Don’t like the cigarette in Clint’s tile.

Please pass on the request to the French forum to include the new stickers.

Both confirmed by Yann.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 11:41

Can you guess at the timetable for this release?

I think I am currently awaiting 4 orders. First and second P500, HoS kickstarter, and HoBR pre-order. I think something is due this month, and something in September. Not sure when the rest will arrive.

But I have been hoping to get hold of an upgraded card deck for HoN and if this is coming out soon that would be great!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 12:01

There's no timing announced for the v2.0 core box.

September is for the HoS Kickstarter and the first HoN P500.

HoBR preorder and this SoN P500 are for the last trimester of 2019, I read somewhere on here (can't remember where exactly)

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 15:40

I might be inclined to obtain just the troops if available. Curious if the Germans will also be interesting.

But I already have the V1 Core Box with its terrain tiles and an extra set of Core Box terrain tiles. So I'm not really interested in obtaining yet a THIRD set of core box terrain tiles assuming the terrain layout is the same.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 16:15

Quote from Moomer on [13/06/2019] à 15:40

I might be inclined to obtain just the troops if available. Curious if the Germans will also be interesting.

But I already have the V1 Core Box with its terrain tiles and an extra set of Core Box terrain tiles. So I'm not really interested in obtaining yet a THIRD set of core box terrain tiles assuming the terrain layout is the same.

Jep! Fully agree ^_^

And I'm on the fence about the hero redesign! I liked the more cartoon style they had, but the new more realistic style also is very nicely done!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 19:16

The new core box also has the v2.0 Action Cards — 50 cards and alternate bonuses on the more "corner case" cards like those for vehicles, tripods, etc.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 19:16

Some corrections were made to the new boards, which is why Bart's post is now full of broken images.

Here is the new set (click to view a larger version)

Edit: Apparently they have been updated again 🙂

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 19:18

If you notice any errors, speak up now and let's get them corrected BEFORE the box goes to print 🙂

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 19:44

Thanks for updating the images, Nostra. I didn’t get to it yet.

Yann did a few corrections already today.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 19:47

Quick tip: if you open the images in a new browser window, you get to see a higher resolution version, which easier to spot errors.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 21:07

Quote from bartdevuyst on [13/06/2019] à 19:47

Quick tip: if you open the images in a new browser window, you get to see a higher resolution version, which easier to spot errors.

Good point! I edited the post to turn the pics into links, so you can click on them to open them in a new browser window so you can see a bigger view.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 23:33

So which bonus markers did DPG settle on?

I see

– take initiative

– empty

– permanent order

– what seems to be a gear reload bonus

No booby trap? Did they drop +1 permanent action card?

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [13/06/2019] à 23:40

Slyfox, don’t forget that these are only the previews of the US punchboards. The GEs are still coming and some of them bonus markers will be on those boards.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 06:34

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [13/06/2019] à 19:16

The new core box also has the v2.0 Action Cards — 50 cards and alternate bonuses on the more "corner case" cards like those for vehicles, tripods, etc.

Surely they will offer an upgrade kit instead of making us buy the core box again? We also “had to buy” the errata boards to fix mistakes. Enough is enough! #pitchforks 😉 😉

Pages: 1 2 3