Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3
[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One
[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 11:12

Big Red One? Well, that was unexpected. But nice news indeed.

I was contemplating on buying the new core box anyway, but if the US is getting 1st ID troops in it (and presumably germans will get something else than Panzer Lehr to oppose them?), that just cemented my desicion to get it.

I would be happy if the maps got new graphics also, but that is not a deal-breaker for me.

New troops and new card decks! 😀

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 11:21

Yann updated today already. Feel free to keep the corrections coming.

Yann also stated that the terrain boards will be the same as in the v1.0, for the simple reason of compatibility. Changing the core box terrain would render a ton of expansions unplayable because a lot of the expansions rely on the core box terrain.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 13:33

It would be nice to see a change log. Otherwise we are playing spot the differences game 🙂

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 13:58

From the top of my head:

• Blast Template: symbols and values go up in clockwise order now (it was a zig-zag motion before)

• Taylor: Typos

• Clint: cigarette removed

• Sam Fueller: Typos

• Recruitment Tile: subheading order reversed (Div. Reg. instead of Reg. Div.)

• Vehicle car designations without space: M8 instead of M 8

• Culin Hedgerow Cutter (typo and wrong number on the option)

• Recon Team had a red border

• M8 Greyhound name changed

• C Company had a wrong officer name on the unit or recruitment tile

+ more (cfr. the French thread)

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 15:09

Should Stillmans name be on the M4? I could have sworn the way they were redoing the tank commanders was to make the tank entirely generic so it could be used as a regular recruitment option or with the character? I like that they swapped to a new unit so we wont have redundant factions. I'd still like them to tone down the scratches and dings a bit more. Why another Clint though? Surely they can come up with another name to just be a completely new cast?

“Fear is for the enemy…fear and bullets.”

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 17:24

Quote from Nagash1959 on [14/06/2019] à 15:09Why another Clint though? Surely they can come up with another name to just be a completely new cast?

I was gonna say for scenario's and expansions that use Clint. But they did replace Oddball! So Clint could have been swapped out indeed!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 19:35

So, assuming that the germans get the same kind of facelift as US in the new core box, who do you think DPG will go for?

I kind of hope that the germans are from 352. Infantry division. They were at the Omaha beach and areas around it (Bayeux), so they would be fit to fight against the Big Red One.

As a bonus, there is already 1 unit of 352. Infantry division in the D-Day expansion (the fortress unit).

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 20:21

Quote from Nagash1959 on [14/06/2019] à 15:09

Why another Clint though? Surely they can come up with another name to just be a completely new cast?

Take a look at the Clint that came in the old core box and compare it to this one… specifically the recruitment tile.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 20:22

Quote from bartdevuyst on [14/06/2019] à 13:58

• Culin Hedgerow Cutter (typo and wrong number on the option)

To be honest, I have given up on DPG EVER getting the CHC right. For whatever reason, it is just a blind spot they cannot overcome 😉

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 20:25

I do like that the new core set comes with Customizations right out of the box.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [14/06/2019] à 21:29

When I had heard DPG was going to release a core box V2 I was going to pass on it. Except for the probable rules update and making the core box available for new players it all just seemed redundant to me. But now that I see what they have planned I may have changed my mind. I'm impressed.

By the way has anyone ever considered playing a skirmish game using only the hero characters and upgrades? There are enough heroes now that both players could field decent sized force.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [16/06/2019] à 11:54

Glad to see the Big Red One finally landing on the HoN beaches 🙂

Who is the artist on this HoN V2, still Bonvalot? The style of the characters on the command and hero tiles looks pretty different, even more cartoonish than before.

Anyone feel the same way that there should be consistency and similarity between the hero/character tiles and their respective tokens? Clint has a helmet on in the photo but has no helmet on his character token, Helmut has a patrol cap in the photo but hasn't got one on his token. And in this new V2, colonel George A. Taylor has his sleeves rolled up in the photo but not on his token.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [19/06/2019] à 14:18

It looks like the 200+ army building indicators on Command Tiles are intentionally removed in v2.0.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [19/06/2019] à 14:55

Quote from bartdevuyst on [19/06/2019] à 14:18

It looks like the 200+ army building indicators on Command Tiles are intentionally removed in v2.0.

What is the reason for this? Just for the new command or for v1 as well?

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [19/06/2019] à 15:15

I don't really know why exactly, but I guess it's about gameplay simplification. Them values are not on the Heroes of Stalingrad Command Tiles either.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [19/06/2019] à 15:18

Newest versions below. Lots of small corrections.

Next up is a Blister Pack for the Commonwealth with the new 50 card deck.

Quote from yann on [19/06/2019] à 14:51

Bon voila la dernière version. :mrgreen:

je vous met l'enssemble des punchboards de la V2.

Je passe sur le Nouveau Blister qui mettra le commonwealth a jour avec son deck de 50 Cartes et ses Tokens.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [19/06/2019] à 19:49

The US Decks V2 :

Alors oui je fait des fautes d’orthographes mais il faut bien que je m’exprime non ?

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [19/06/2019] à 19:54

I have been waiting a long time to see the updated version of these!

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [19/06/2019] à 20:49

Before someone mentions it: The Field Command is missing the 200+ army restriction on purpose. At least, if I am reading the Francophone forums correctly.

[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [19/06/2019] à 20:51

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [19/06/2019] à 20:49

Before someone mentions it: The Field Command is missing the 200+ army restriction on purpose. At least, if I am reading the Francophone forums correctly.

Indeed, see my post above from earlier today. 🙂

Pages: 1 2 3