Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer
[Preview] [V2.x] Core Box: 1st Inf Div - The Big Red One Posted on [17/06/2019] à 22:59

The first new german previews:

Quote from yann on [17/06/2019] à 21:49

Bon je vous met en avant première les nouveaux pions de la 2eme PZ.

Demain je fini les Officiers et les persos et je vous poste les Punchboards. :mrgreen:

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 05:31

THREE permanent order stars now in the Bonus Tactics? Ugh! I cannot say I am happy to see that, in fact, quite the contrary.

I will reiterate what I have said elsewhere — I think the permanent order stars can really unbalance a scenario, especially if one player ends up getting the majority of them.

I think it would be much better to put in more Gear resets or maybe a medic kit (heal 1 wounded unit) or perhaps some "Draw 2 cards" effects instead. There are all sorts of one-time, single-use but interesting powers that could be used for the Bonus Tactics rather than permanent Orders.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 07:29

2nd Panzer? Cool.

I guess if the core box germans need to be panzergrenadiers, there is not much choise which division to go (116th "Windhund" would have been another).

The 21st Panzer (of which we already have 3 platoons) would have been a bit hard choise for the core game as IIRC many of the vehicles it had were captured french vehicles.

Anyway, 2nd Panzer is a good choise and I'm glad the core game has US 1st ID and German 2nd PZ as the units, so there is no duplicates with the old core (yes, the actual platoon compositions are identical to the old core, but at least the unit colors are different.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 10:23

It's because the 1st us infantry division and the 2 panzer division face each other during the month of June 1944 in the vicinity of Caumont l'éventé.

Jamais un type n’a gagné une guerre en mourant pour sa patrie. On gagne en s’arrangeant pour que ce soit le type d’en face qui meure pour sa patrie. George Smith Patton

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 11:48

I posted a load of corrections in the French thread already. You can follow them from this post here in the French thread. I added images, it's easy to follow by non-French speakers.

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 12:50

Yann's moving fast. 90% of those corrections are already amended. :mrgreen:

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 13:44

Bart, you are officially promoted to be the HoN spotter 💡 ❗ Good eye for details.

About the punch boards, I don’t like Major Karl Brassert’s face art. Specifically the blue eyes. Something is off.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 15:16

Newest versions below. Lots of small corrections.

Next up is a Blister Pack for the Commonwealth with the new 50 card deck.

Quote from yann on [19/06/2019] à 14:51

Bon voila la dernière version. :mrgreen:

je vous met l'enssemble des punchboards de la V2.

Je passe sur le Nouveau Blister qui mettra le commonwealth a jour avec son deck de 50 Cartes et ses Tokens.

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 15:37

Not sure how much this matters but on the MG42 token the MG42 is being fed from the wrong side. MG34 and MG42 along with US M1919 MGs are left hand feed in infantry configuration. I'm sure the image could be flipped. Also if there is another place to post corrections I can post there, I just don't speak french.

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 15:42

Quote from Aiden on [19/06/2019] à 15:37

Not sure how much this matters but on the MG42 token the MG42 is being fed from the wrong side. MG34 and MG42 along with US M1919 MGs are left hand feed in infantry configuration. I'm sure the image could be flipped. Also if there is another place to post corrections I can post there, I just don't speak french.

Very good comment.

Post them on the French forum, in English, if you like. I'll crosspost this one for you right away.

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 16:32

Thanks again for spotting, Aiden.

Here's the new version.

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 19:53

The German Deck V2 :

Alors oui je fait des fautes d’orthographes mais il faut bien que je m’exprime non ?

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [19/06/2019] à 20:51

So, for those of you that made predictions as to which cards would be cut and which would get alternate bonuses… check your work 😉

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [20/06/2019] à 02:29

The german MG nest should have firing arcs

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [20/06/2019] à 03:34

Quote from Samurai37 on [20/06/2019] à 02:29

The german MG nest should have firing arcs

God catch. Unless something has changed, V1 has a firing arc.

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [20/06/2019] à 09:59

Reported another list of errors. You can check them from this post on in the French thread if you like.

Submitted a query about the Limited Arc icons of the MG Nest too. Well spotted!

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [20/06/2019] à 19:42

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [19/06/2019] à 05:31

THREE permanent order stars now in the Bonus Tactics? Ugh! I cannot say I am happy to see that, in fact, quite the contrary.

I will reiterate what I have said elsewhere — I think the permanent order stars can really unbalance a scenario, especially if one player ends up getting the majority of them.

I think it would be much better to put in more Gear resets or maybe a medic kit (heal 1 wounded unit) or perhaps some "Draw 2 cards" effects instead. There are all sorts of one-time, single-use but interesting powers that could be used for the Bonus Tactics rather than permanent Orders.

I do think for game system that has a lot of imagination in it that it lacks a little imagination to just include extra permanent order stars in bonus tactics. I do like your alternative suggestions which would I think be preferable.

I'm guessing though if the print is the same on V2 as on V1 of the core box then there may be a way to reduce the effect a bit if a player has both sets. It may be possible to mix some other old bonus markers from V1 in so there might be a pool of say ten or a dozen to pick from so reducing the likelihood of lots of extra permanent orders.

That does require the new tiles to look like the old ones and for the player to have treated their old ones carefully so they don't look battered!

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [20/06/2019] à 20:50

+1 Agree

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [20/06/2019] à 21:30

Quote from slyfox on [20/06/2019] à 20:50

+1 Agree

Oh! Now that we have Customizations, a Bonus Tactic could also be a Customization. Throw the various Customizations in a cup and blind-pick one. Sort of like the Search in SoN 🙂

[Preview][V2.x] Core Box: German 2nd Panzer Posted on [21/06/2019] à 06:41

Quote from slyfox on [20/06/2019] à 20:50

+1 Agree

Yes! Agree as well ^_^

Pages: 1 2