Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Castrum Obstacle question.
Castrum Obstacle question. Posted on [25/06/2019] à 11:00

Hellow! i have a question, in our last game we argued about LOS and the obstacles, we got a situation like this with the castrum.

It was pretty clear that unit A dont get the penalty because is adjacent to the obstacle. The C unit get the -2, his LoS cross the obstacle, but the question here was the B unit it gets the -2 or not? to me (i was B unit owner after all :P) the B unit was adjacent and dont get the -2, and my opponent said that i was wrong.

So the question is, B get the -2 or not?

Thanks in advance!

Castrum Obstacle question. Posted on [25/06/2019] à 12:11

I'm with your opponent on this one. 'B' does get the -2

The obstacle is the 'wall' surrounding the square unit A is located in and not the entire terrain bordered by a red line.

I don't know how clearly this is explained in the rulebook but this is the logical way to play… after all, unit A is on top of a wall behind fortifications and unit B is standing at the bottom of said wall.

Castrum Obstacle question. Posted on [25/06/2019] à 12:15

Quote from Eclo on [25/06/2019] à 12:11

I'm with your opponent on this one. 'B' does get the -2

Correct. There's an errata (coming in the upcoming Evil Sunz expansions) explaining these adjacency rules.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Castrum Obstacle question. Posted on [25/06/2019] à 12:53

thx for the anwers! So even if a have a not adjacent unit inside of the castellum and shoot A unit still i get the -2, right?

Castrum Obstacle question. Posted on [25/06/2019] à 16:31

I don't really understand your question…

but if the LoS traces over the obstacle then yes, the do get the -2 penalty.

If you are located 3 squares to the left of unit A you will both get the -2 when shooting at each other… How Hollywood is that 😆

Pages: 1