Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Immobilised
Immobilised Posted on [28/08/2019] à 10:56

Hey,

I am struggling to find the exact definition of Immobilised. Specifically, if a unit is immobilised can it still perform a 0 move and:

1. Change state between active/inactive?

2. Or change facing?

Or is it completely fixed and unable to do a movement action at all?

Thanks!

Immobilised Posted on [28/08/2019] à 12:34

I'd say yes. But the rules are not clear here.

Immobilised is about a unit that's Suppressed up until the level that its movement value is reduced to zero. A unit with a zero movement value is the same as X (I guess?).

So you can still Change State with a zero move, and change facing (rotate).

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Immobilised Posted on [28/08/2019] à 12:37

I looked it up, but Immobilised is not really a keyword (HoS). It's only used in case of Suppression. Suppression doesn't block your Movement Actions, it just reduces it by 2 for each Suppressed Marker.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

Immobilised Posted on [28/08/2019] à 19:01

Change of State (p. 14)

You can do this during a 0 move even if the Unit has a Movement Value of X.

Suppressed Markers (p. 23)

If a Unit's Movement Value drops to 0 or less, the Unit is Immobilized

In the Compendium version of the rule, the word immobilized is not a keyword.

Given all that, I would personally say that a unit can still change facing or change state given that both things can be done without actually moving a single square.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Immobilised Posted on [28/08/2019] à 20:37

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [28/08/2019] à 19:01

Change of State (p. 14)

You can do this during a 0 move even if the Unit has a Movement Value of X.

Suppressed Markers (p. 23)

If a Unit's Movement Value drops to 0 or less, the Unit is Immobilized

In the Compendium version of the rule, the word immobilized is not a keyword.

Given all that, I would personally say that a unit can still change facing or change state given that both things can be done without actually moving a single square.

…it works for infantry only, however, or am I wrong ? I mean: tanks and trucks / vehicles must have at least 1 in movement to "turn" sideways… Even if they do not leave their actual square and remain in the same square but with another "facing" of "X" degrees.

Right ?

Infantry units instead can turn their "facing" or change their "state" such as "prone" / "walking" even if they are under suppressive fire.

Right ? It shows, more or less, the fact that those poor infantrymen are trying to take cover, duck and such things in order to respond back to the enemy fire.

Immobilised Posted on [28/08/2019] à 21:25

Compendium, p. 10

An Infantry unit that occupies a single square can end its movement action (zero or otherwise) in a diagonal position, at a 45-degree angle with the center of the counter [over] the center of the square. This is particularly useful for units with a limited firing arc.

(Emphasis added in RED)

Now, this if for HoWW2, not HoBR, but I think it should still apply.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Immobilised Posted on [28/08/2019] à 23:29

Thanks everyone. So in summary:

Immobilised means that a unit cannot leave its square, but a unit that is Immobilised can still perform a 0 move (to change state or to change facing).

Pages: 1