Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
New Questions
New Questions Posted on [19/09/2019] à 05:27

Hello again guys,

I have some questions:

1- Skill Ambush, can it be used on the street, buildings and in the water? Or is this ability only while the unit is within a forest?

2- Destruction

2.1 – Destroying a vehicle.

After eliminating a tank, I will rotate your token, becoming an obstacle to the map. If I want to use my bazooka to destroy the vehicle at once, for each shooting action should I add 1 destruction point?

2.2 – Destruction test.

Do I need to roll the dice? What value should I take for a success?

2.3 – Destroying houses.

When shooting a tank into a building to eliminate an enemy soldier, should I already apply destruction damage? Or should I first eliminate all enemy units? Or should I warn that I will attack the building and not the soldier?

2.4 – Destroyed building

As soon as you destroy a building, if there are any allied or enemy units inside the building, will it die or suffer only 1 damage?

3 – Units with Templates

Can I place units that use templates like the mortar inside a building to attack? Seriously nonsense a mortar inside a house attacking through the window, but I saw nothing in the rules preventing it.

4- Units like PK40

Certain artillery units, such as the German PK40, are considered an infantry. Can these artillery be inside buildings?

5 – Captain America's Shield

I am very confused to understand how the shield works, so I apologize.

5.1 – Straight throw

The shield goes up to 4 squares. Does it hit all enemies in a straight line or just 1 enemy? Must the shield return to the captain?

5.2 – Special throw

Can the shield move and make an assault? That is, the shield goes towards an enemy to perform an assault attack? Can I hit + 1 enemy this way? Can I turn the shield so that it returns to the captain?

Thanks a lot for who help me hehehe.

CLAUDIO MENDES

New Questions Posted on [19/09/2019] à 07:43

Do you own the Compendium?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

New Questions Posted on [19/09/2019] à 09:39

1- Skill Ambush, can it be used on the street, buildings and in the water? Or is this ability only while the unit is within a forest?

An Ambush unit can hide in a Terrain Element. Buildings are called Structures, which are in their turn, Terrain Elements. So Ambush units can hide in a Building. You can 'Ambush in the street' but you're easily spotted unless you're playing with nighttime conditions.

Water is also a terrain element. Which is impassible to infantry, unless they have the Amphibious special ability. So Ambush in water does not work.

2- Destruction

After eliminating a tank, I will rotate your token, becoming an obstacle to the map. If I want to use my bazooka to destroy the vehicle at once, for each shooting action should I add 1 destruction point?

2.2 – Destruction test.

2.3 – Destroying houses.

When shooting a tank into a building to eliminate an enemy soldier, should I already apply destruction damage? Or should I first eliminate all enemy units? Or should I warn that I will attack the building and not the soldier?

2.4 – Destroyed building

As soon as you destroy a building, if there are any allied or enemy units inside the building, will it die or suffer only 1 damage?

2.1 First you destroy the tank so that it turns into a wreck. Later on, you can destroy that wreck by dealing Destruction points equal to its structure value.

2.2. You roll dice equal to the number in the Destruction icon. Each 4 or higher deals one Destruction point to the wreck.

2.3. You first shoot at the unit, then if the firing unit has the Destruction special ability, you roll dice like above and assign Destruction markers to the building. You basically do both.

2.4. Units inside a building that gets destroyed do not suffer damage, they suffer one Suppressed Marker.

3 – Units with Templates

Can I place units that use templates like the mortar inside a building to attack? Seriously nonsense a mortar inside a house attacking through the window, but I saw nothing in the rules preventing it.

The Indirect Fire (mortars, …) cannot be used from inside a building.

4- Units like PK40

Certain artillery units, such as the German PK40, are considered an infantry. Can this artillery be inside buildings?

Yes

All these rules are very well explained in the Compendium. You should consider it if you don't already own it. It's great and helpful tool. :mrgreen:

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

New Questions Posted on [19/09/2019] à 10:07

Quote from bartdevuyst on [19/09/2019] à 09:39

All these rules are very well explained in the Compendium. You should consider it if you don't already own it. It's great and helpful tool. :mrgreen:

The HHeroes of Stalingrad rules available in the Downloads section is an easily accessed source for all of those rules. You can start by downloading that and giving it a read 😉

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

New Questions Posted on [19/09/2019] à 14:00

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [19/09/2019] à 07:43

Do you own the Compendium?

Finally i bought it last week but i should only get next month hehehe

CLAUDIO MENDES

New Questions Posted on [19/09/2019] à 14:01

An Ambush unit can hide in a Terrain Element. Buildings are called Structures, which are in their turn, Terrain Elements. So Ambush units can hide in a Building. You can 'Ambush in the street' but you're easily spotted unless you're playing with nighttime conditions.

Water is also a terrain element. Which is impassible to infantry, unless they have the Amphibious special ability. So Ambush in water does not work.

2- Destruction

2.2 – Destruction test.

2.3 – Destroying houses.

2.4 – Destroyed building

2.1 First you destroy the tank so that it turns into a wreck. Later on, you can destroy that wreck by dealing Destruction points equal to its structure value.

2.2. You roll dice equal to the number in the Destruction icon. Each 4 or higher deals one Destruction point to the wreck.

2.3. You first shoot at the unit, then if the firing unit has the Destruction special ability, you roll dice like above and assign Destruction markers to the building. You basically do both.

2.4. Units inside a building that gets destroyed do not suffer damage, they suffer one Suppressed Marker.

3 – Units with Templates

4- Units like PK40

Certain artillery units, such as the German PK40, are considered an infantry. Can this artillery be inside buildings?

Yes

THANKS A LOT my friend,

Always helping me with very noob questions.

I was finally able to buy Compendium. As I live in Brazil I had to wait for a friend to go to the US or Europe, because the importation is too expensive. I believe my doubts will end (or not) when he arrives.

CLAUDIO MENDES

New Questions Posted on [19/09/2019] à 14:02

2- Destruction

2.2 – Destruction test.

2.3 – Destroying houses.

2.4 – Destroyed building

3 – Units with Templates

4- Units like PK40

Yes

What about Captain America, could you answer?

CLAUDIO MENDES

New Questions Posted on [19/09/2019] à 15:20

I'm not that familiar with the superhero rules but I'll have a look.

☠Heroes System Belgium Represent ☠

New Questions Posted on [03/10/2019] à 12:09

2- Destruction

2.2 – Destruction test.

2.3 – Destroying houses.

2.4 – Destroyed building

3 – Units with Templates

4- Units like PK40

Yes

Why mortars cannot shoot from inside a building ? In WWII there were "small and portable" mortars that could fire at "point blank" range instead of firing "indirect shots"… Then… For me… It is a nonsense to prevent chances to fire with a mortar inside a building.

In addiction… A unit with mortars "inside a building tile" could be treated as if it were standing not ACTUALLY INSIDE that proper building but, instead, as if it was firing standing on the roof top or from a balcony… Or something similar…

I used house rule sometimes to bypass this issue. I still avoid – for obvious reason – to allow the major calibers of mortars and cannons to shoot from inside a building, but… As for the antitank gun which the former dude refers to, I allow it to be placed inside buildings… Since in real life it was used in such way. Obviously, the gun itself is big and huge… So… In order to be placed inside a building it is COMPULSORY for the same building to have a proper entrance which allows the gun to be put inside it or, if it lacks such, a proper entrance must be "created" by placing demolition charges on a wall and then entered from that side with the gun… If the damage do not destroys the building itself. In addiction, I also allow the use of the "concealed" tokens upon tank-busters or tanks like the STUGS… In fact, one of the most correct way to use those tank busters is to place them concealed inside a bush and then firing to incoming enemy tanks (then, in game terms of mechanics, by discarding the "Concealed unit" token) and then retreat. In real life WWII in fact, that was the most used "tactic" for the germans' tank-killers self-prop. guns like the STUGS… Despite their name, in fact, they had no more chances to be used as "assault guns" since the germans were on the "defensive" instead being on the "offensive". And were losing the war, and "losing ground", under the "rockgrinder" sovietic and allied forces; so… They preferred to "shoot and retreat" with STUGS, instead of "attack and give chase deeply"; and they used to let the STUGS concealed until the very last moment to shoot properly at the enemy tanks.

I think that it is cool to do so also in the HoN matches… Even using some House Rule; why not ?!?

What do you think about that ???

You think that it is cool or not to use Concealed unit tokens also to conceal tanks and armored cars and not only for troops ?

New Questions Posted on [03/10/2019] à 12:13

2- Destruction

2.2 – Destruction test.

2.3 – Destroying houses.

2.4 – Destroyed building

3 – Units with Templates

4- Units like PK40

Yes

I am OK to follow your suggestions to buy the Compendium of Rules… But why those rules were not implemented in the core boxed set too ?

And – since they are sold apart – when do will see the light the Second Version "Corrected and Revised" of the Compendium itself ? I prefer to wait and buy the Compendium 2.0 rather than buy the 1.0 now and see the 2.0 on the shelves just few days afterwards…

I hope you get my point of view…

New Questions Posted on [04/10/2019] à 05:24

There is no "new compendium" coming. If you mean the "Compendium Edition Core Box", then let me see if I can correct your misunderstanding. The "CE" branding of the core box is just to indicate it is not the v1.x core box but instead supports the V2.0 rules. I have no idea when the CE Core Box might get printed. A big print run of core boxes will take a lot of capital so it is still likely a ways off.

The core box will have ONLY the rules for the components that come in that core box…when and if that finally gets produced. You can find a thread in the forums with pictures of the core box punch boards if you want to know what that set of components entails.

If there is an option or unit not included in that core box, then there will be no rules supporting it in the core box rulebook. That is done so new users will find only the rules they need in the core box. Please don't bother to debate that decision, it has already all been covered.

The Compendium (hardcover book) gives you all the rules usable with every expansion for HoN, and also for SoN as well. It has a LOT more than just the core rules. If you are going to go deep into collecting HSTS, it is worth picking up.

If you want the basic mechanics of the game updated to V2.0 rules, that is available now for download in the Heroes of Stalingrad rulebook available in the downloads section. That is the rules for how to play a turn, move units, fire at enemy units, etc. However, just as the CE Core Box is limited, the HoS core box only has rules for the Gear, Customizations, and Orders that are included in the corresponding core box. So it is limited to Ammo and Grenades 🙂

As anyone with the Compendium can tell you, there is no issue with any of the HSTS materials having any issue with V2.0 compatibility. All of the tokens and such work with either edition of the game.

New Questions Posted on [04/10/2019] à 05:28

Quote from Ivan Boscaro on [03/10/2019] à 12:13

I am OK to follow your suggestions to buy the Compendium of Rules… But why those rules were not implemented in the core boxed set too ?

Because a core box has not been printed since the Compendium was developed.

Pages: 1