Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Future Products - Heroes System Tactical Scale: World War 2
Future Products - Heroes System Tactical Scale: World War 2 Posted on [02/10/2019] à 23:07

With regard to the future of DPG, I know that resources are tight right now but to rebound back, the company has to execute the Pareto principle (also known as the 80/20 rule, the law of the vital few).

I think the core of the business comes from HSTC. So the tactical card game and other products are nice but no DPG needs to focus on HSTC.

Products that can bring business to DPG:

1. Further development of the Eastern front.

For example:

– Fortress of War (2010) – https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343703/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

– T-34 (2018) – https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8820590/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

– Battle for Sevastopol (2015)

– Dvadtsat vosem panfilovtsev (2016) – https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5207204/?ref_=tt_sims_tt

Basically, DPG can take episodes from Soviet Storm: World War II in the East and convert them to scenarios and expansion.

The series consists of 2 seasons, which document and recount the most important, bloody, costly, and decisive events, battles, and personalities on the Eastern Front in World War II

Full series – https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QA84FMlf8ZyrTFSzn7RC699Sj8ARwgfJ

1. Operation Barbarossa

2. The Battle of Kiev

3. The Defence of Sevastopol

4. The Battle of Moscow

5. The Siege of Leningrad

6. Rzhev

7. The Battle of Stalingrad

8. The Battle for Caucasus

9. The Battle of Kursk

10. The Liberation of Ukraine

11. Operation Bagration

12. War in the Air (not compatible with HSTS)

13. War in the Sea (not compatible with HSTS)

14. The Partisan Movement

15. Secret Intelligence of the Red Army

16. The Battle for Germany

17. Battle of Berlin

All of the above videos are available in English.

2. Castle terrain expansion and scenarios.

– Where Eagles Dare (1968) – https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065207/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

– Fortress of War (2010) – https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343703/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

3. Compendium scenario book.

A collection of all the published scenarios in a beautifully printed layout? Yes!

4. iOS app for rules.

It could be a very good incentive for existing players and potential buyers of HoN 2.0 and Hos.

5. Quarter or semi-annual kits for local tournaments.

To keep the skirmish scene alive.

Please share your thoughts. I think that as a community, we can share our voices to help DPG navigate the market.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Future Products - Heroes System Tactical Scale: World War 2 Posted on [03/10/2019] à 11:34

I also think that the Heroes of Normandie series of products could be implemented well with products sharing the license with the renown videogame series called "COMMANDOS" from the 90s…

For those who played alot the COMMANDOS series of videogames as I did, you will surely notice how good and well the "heroes" tile system and "heroes" such as "Private Bryan", "CROC", "Sgt. BRUNO" or also "Hylda" or "Reino Hamer" (some of the most iconic characters in HoN) could be the main characters of "missions" and "adventures" or even full fledged expansions depicting scenarios and campaigns or missions similar to those seen and faced by videogamers in the COMMANDOS videogames series… I mean…

How many of us, HoN players and veterans, have already setup a series of missions or even a full campaign organised in a way similar to the mechanics seen in those videogames ? Personally I've already done and setup 3 missions (one using 1000 pts of Army, or even more – OUCH !!! Two days of play are granted !!! – to build the opposing forces!!!).

I think that people that have played those videogames are a lot and also alot of them are now playing HoN… Then… Why don't you recreate the "mood" and scenarios already seen in those games ? It would also be VERY COOL AND REMUNERATIVE to obtain the license to use the ORIGINAL CHARACTERS of the videogames above mentioned, such as the robust brawler commando that can punch enemies in order to take them out rapidly without firing (and then alert the other guards)… Or the commando that was able to use SS uniforms in order to give orders to the patrols so they could be distracted or turned on another course (allowing our heroes to bypass certain chokepoints with relative ease)… Or the "ninja-like" commando which was able to release a trained dog in order to distract the guards or retrieve important documents or items, such as the cigarettes or the ropes, and was also able to climb without using ropes too ? Or the partisan lady ? Or also the sniper commando ? Or the scuba one ? I loved the scuba commando… He was my favourite character… I was almost able to finish certain missions using only him. But he kills the guards using a bowie knife for scuba commandos and then the bloodshed he leaves on the ground or in the sea attracts sharks and SS patrols too much !!! So… You have to be wise and use that item with care and only when necessary…

And I close this message here… But I hope that you got my point: DPG should try to acquire the license to use the settings and the characters / campaigns seen in the COMMANDOS videogame series… Or simply "proxy" them by recreating similar "mechanics" by using maybe a newer set of rules… Or just by "adapting" the actual rules of HoN to a senario or a campaign which sees a bunch of commandos / elite german troops (I would like to see missions playable with germans special forces and not only with the americans/british ones as in the videogame series happens) facing a well guarded location in each mission… As it was depicted in COMMANDOS itself.

I also would like to know what is your mind about this idea…

Is it cool for you too or you think it is not ?

If you think that it is not doable or cool let me know it and ask me hints in order to see that I've reason… And I gladly will show you that it is cool and doable… Since I was able to recreate some scenario similar to those seen in COMMANDO 1 / 2 / 3 and so on…

I do own, however, the pack called "Radar Station" and the "Civilians Under Fire" along with the "Lord Lovat's Commandos" and "Terrain Set 1" and the "Brandeburger Gazzette Issue"… Those are, in fact, the base products you must have to buy in order to politely recreate scenarios similar to those seen into that kind of videogames… Since most of the missions were also played inside buildings and comprised of well guarded places… More than a "frontal assault" like the normal matches played in HoN, we will play "ninja" style missions… With stealthy movements and concealed commandos instead of revealed once (in fact they are just a bunch of guys… Facing a miriad of germans on the other side… In most of the missions seen in COMMANDOS in fact, in the case you set up the alarms or alert the roaming patrols, you also do trigger the "GAME OVER", losing the same mission in a moment too !!!).

For those who don't know the COMMANDOS videogames I suggest to go and see footages of it on youtube in order to have a glance and see how a mission or an entire campaign could be setup using the HoN products, characters and rules !!!

;-P

CHEERS !!!

Pages: 1