Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
What will HoN 2.0 make redundant?
What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [18/10/2019] à 13:43

Essentially, when the HoN 2.0 core box releases, will the existing expansions (Carentan etc.) become 'redundant' and be replaced by 2.0 versions as well?

I would be interested in buying more expansions, but if they will be redundant in a year or so, I don't see the point.

Would someone be able to clear this up for me?

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [19/10/2019] à 03:19

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=12387.0#postid-84043

Quote from Nostradunwhich on [04/10/2019] à 05:24

As anyone with the Compendium can tell you, there is no issue with any of the HSTS materials having any issue with V2.0 compatibility. All of the tokens and such work with either edition of the game.

TL;DR: There is NO incompatibility with ANY previously printed HoN expansion and the V2.0 rules. None of the core mechanics have changed.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [19/10/2019] à 10:25

Panache, to my knowledge V2 will simple bring the core box up to date by incorporating the new rules and refinements that have been added to the game over the last few years while also including units from the 1st Infantry Division, The Big Red One, who fought at Omaha Beach. As none of the core mechanics have changed I think DPG, instead of revising existing scenario packs, would move on to creating others for the battles for St. Lo, Caen, Cherbourg, etc. At least I hope they do…

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [19/10/2019] à 13:37

At Caen it was the British troops, not the US. But with the V2, you will have new scenarios.

Jamais un type n’a gagné une guerre en mourant pour sa patrie. On gagne en s’arrangeant pour que ce soit le type d’en face qui meure pour sa patrie. George Smith Patton

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [19/10/2019] à 16:23

And the updated card decks. No more "Remove from deck" sections in the scenarios since cards have an alternative use if their primary use is no good.

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [19/10/2019] à 18:12

Thia

The expansions have featured both British and U.S. troops. So future expansions to V2 could and would probably do the same.

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [19/10/2019] à 18:38

For the moment it's just the core box that will be concerned by a V2. It's normal because the core box is out of print. Not the expansion. The core box is the entry point of the system. To keep the life of the system going on, you must have a core box in stock.

Jamais un type n’a gagné une guerre en mourant pour sa patrie. On gagne en s’arrangeant pour que ce soit le type d’en face qui meure pour sa patrie. George Smith Patton

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [20/10/2019] à 23:47

Well, this is all great to hear!

I love this game and I was worried that my collecting had gone to waste. Bring on 2.0! (right after I retake Stalingrad)

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [21/10/2019] à 00:25

Thia

I understand that DPG is only working on the core box at this time. Panache's question was whether or not to go ahead and purchase the expansions now or wait. He was concerned that they would also be updated to V2 and reprinted making a purchase now pointless. My point was that as DPG is moving on to version 2 and giving us access to different units from the original box set (4th Inf. Div. at Utah Beach in V1 and the 1st at Omaha Beach in V2) they may also move on to other actions fought during the Normandy invasion when further expansions are produced.

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [21/10/2019] à 13:04

I don't think that there will be new versions of the existing expansion. There is still a lot in stock. Apart D-Day that is out of print.

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [21/10/2019] à 20:14

Quote from jyonkers on [21/10/2019] à 00:25

Thia

I understand that DPG is only working on the core box at this time. Panache's question was whether or not to go ahead and purchase the expansions now or wait. He was concerned that they would also be updated to V2 and reprinted making a purchase now pointless. My point was that as DPG is moving on to version 2 and giving us access to different units from the original box set (4th Inf. Div. at Utah Beach in V1 and the 1st at Omaha Beach in V2) they may also move on to other actions fought during the Normandy invasion when further expansions are produced.

My original answer was that it does not matter because no expansion is ever "pointless" — ALL of the HoN stuff is entirely compatible.

The only thing that was ever redone that could possibly be called "redundant" was the Lord Lovat heroic platoon. The first version was a single board expansion and it was redone as a blister pack with two punchboards and some cards. Even in that situation, most of the two expansions can be combined. If you bought both you ended up with two different options for Lord Lovat himself, and then a variety of commando options to set up your perfect strike force.

That is not much different than the "leveled up" heroes between the original core box and the KS expansion versions. By "leveled up" I mean the newer versions come with customization slots and a corresponding increase in point cost. The newer versions were then rolled into the upcoming new CE core box. Again, that just gives you two versions of the heroes to recruit depending on your needs. Both are equally valid and neither are obsolete.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

What will HoN 2.0 make redundant? Posted on [21/10/2019] à 22:38

Wow. I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall here. Nobody seems to understand at all the point I'm trying to make or what I am saying. What a complete waste of my time. I'm done.

Panache, go ahead and buy the expansions. They will be compatible with V2. Cheers.

Pages: 1