Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
HoS Aircraft Rules
HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [22/11/2019] à 23:26

Just got my base set of HoS and the Zaytsev-Konig punchboard. I have looked through all of the provided rule books three times and I do not see any rules covering the new aircraft units. I am assuming that as airplanes can now be taken as recruitment options and they have their own tiles that I would place an activation marker on them when I wish to use them just like a normal unit. But I am assuming. Has anyone seen anything definite anywhere about how they are to be used? I think I'm on the right track but it would have been great to have had the transition from aircraft cards to physical tokens explained, especially for new players.

Also, I thought a scenario for a Zaytsev-Konig sniper duel was supposed to be included…

Anyway, looks great. I love the new modular buildings and there are tons of units. It was worth the wait. Now that I've got Soviet units I may try a 'what-if' US vs USSR 1946 game.

HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [22/11/2019] à 23:36

I checked the Compendium for the aircraft rules and it covers the original card-based system. Of course, it was printed before HoS and the new aircraft format was conceived so that makes sense.

HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [23/11/2019] à 00:26

The rules that you are looking for should be published in the download section. Hopefully soon.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [23/11/2019] à 07:44

To tide you over until the official rules are published, you can gleam their form from this post by Clem: https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=10680.9#postid-70015

Below it a few questions were answered, so you should read to the bottom of that thread to get all the details.

HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [23/11/2019] à 11:26

Thanks for publishing the pointer, Quickle.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [23/11/2019] à 13:47

Thanks, I'll take a look.

HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [23/11/2019] à 20:08

I have made a summary post for now. There are some changes coming in HoBR, and many of those could affect Aircraft in the final published rules, but for now we have an outline to let folks use their Aircraft.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=12466.0

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [24/11/2019] à 02:24

Thanks Nostradunwhich! That was a great idea to summarize the Aircraft rules in a dedicated post.

HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [24/11/2019] à 18:39

Checked the summary. Very nice, Nostra; that's exactly what we needed. Just wish all of that would have been included in the rule set. Anyway, I'm looking forward to dive-bombing some tanks.

HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [24/11/2019] à 22:06

Quote from jyonkers on [24/11/2019] à 18:39

Checked the summary. Very nice, Nostra; that's exactly what we needed. Just wish all of that would have been included in the rule set. Anyway, I'm looking forward to dive-bombing some tanks.

It's really not a bad thing in fact, since they have for now not an optimal idea to make this new mechanic working i guess it's better to see "Beta" rules than something official printed directly on the first version making the planes to much powerful or useless/vulnerable.

Could be great also for American players since they already have it to give any feedback about this rules.

HoS Aircraft Rules Posted on [06/12/2019] à 15:26

I know that the "official" rules have not been released yet, but after last nights play through, I have a few questions/suggestions:

1. When a plane is dropping a bomb, does it always hit the targeted inter-space?

2. Can ALL units with either an order token or opportunistic fire, shoot at the enemy plane? (Following the currently published rules.)

3. Can machine guns that require set-up fire at aircraft?

4. Can a plane fire it's guns along with dropping it's bomb?

Suggestions regarding the above questions:

1. When a plane is dropping a bomb it will follow these steps:

1a. Announce the targeted inter-space.

1b. Roll to hit. On a roll of 4,5,6 it's a direct hit.

1b-1. On a 1,2,3 (you miss the target, now roll for drift direction).

1b-2. Roll for drift distance. 1,2 drift is 1 inter-spaced. 3,4 drift is 2 inter-spaces. 5,6 drift is 3 inter-spaces.

1c. Roll to hit each unit under template per regular rules.

2. Units inside an undamaged building may not fire at planes. Units in damaged buildings/rubble may fire.

3. Any unit that requires set-up (bi-pod or tripod) and is "setup" or on the active side, may not fire at aircraft.

4. A plane can fire it's guns using the machine gun rules, along with dropping it's bomb.

In the game that we played last night, we used the above suggestions. We found them to be more fair. What we encountered was that a plane, with bombs, was a laser targeted death weapon. It automatically hit, and without unlucky rolling, could devastate the targeted enemy units. By making bomb dropping have a little bit of luck, it factors in wind, pilot skill, an other unforeseen factors.

Pages: 1