Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
[Fanmade] Katyusha
Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [22/12/2019] à 20:00

Hey guys,

its me again ^^

custom Katyusha for everyone who wants to use it 😀

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [22/12/2019] à 20:13

looks good, maybe an idea to equip it with 2 or 4 templates to indicate the area under attack, finally it is artillery with lots of rockets.

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [22/12/2019] à 20:39

Add an icon to indicate no range limit.

Choose one of the blast templates.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [22/12/2019] à 22:09

thx for the feedback

i started working on a whole soviet commander, but i took a break to finish the german one with sturmtiger and some other goodies 😛

this katyusha is tbh an early version and will be updated when i start again with the soviet one

i guess in the next days i can show at least the first page of the german "Festung Deutschland" commander 😉

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [22/12/2019] à 23:02

Can 't wait. Nice works.

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [23/12/2019] à 19:33

The counter looks good, but I don't think rocket artillery really belongs to the scale of this game (other than as an objective).

The stats are also way off. That truck is a close combat monster right now… You need to lower all of the attack stats to zero or "X", I think, and instead add indirect fire templates as the rocket attacks.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [23/12/2019] à 23:47

dont worry this is just a very early wip

and i already have the indirect fire in mind when i start again with this commander

if rocket arty will fit into the gameplay we will see^^

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [23/12/2019] à 23:47

dont worry this is just a very early wip

and i already have the indirect fire in mind when i start again with this commander

if rocket arty will fit into the gameplay we will see^^

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [24/12/2019] à 00:17

You may also add a minimum distance of 4 or 5 as it can’t fire too close. Maybe even 7+ with a dispersions template.

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [25/12/2019] à 03:44

Quote from Colhammer on [23/12/2019] à 19:33

The counter looks good, but I don't think rocket artillery really belongs to the scale of this game (other than as an objective).

The stats are also way off. That truck is a close combat monster right now… You need to lower all of the attack stats to zero or "X", I think, and instead add indirect fire templates as the rocket attacks.

Agreed !!! This unit seems to be more likely a Star Destroyer in term of mere statistics it has, rather than to be a towed artillery piece that uses not so precise missiles too (even if they are rather powerful against infantries and soft targets)…

Try to be more precise with attack bonuses and lower them A LOT !!!

Also, I find cool the idea of giving it a MINIMUM range of squares under which it cannot fire at all (after all, as many people already stated, it was a medium to long range piece of artillery, than, it could not be used in a "small scale" game like HoN – since we know that the game represents more close quarter battles or medium range ones instead of the opposite or "long range" ones, if you get what I mean).

I think that – since it was a long range artillery piece – you should give it a MINIMUM range of 12-to-15 squares or similar… Plus a scatter template to represent the fact that its rockets where far away to be "surgical missile weapons"… Since they were, after all, the very first rockets' artillery to have seen the light, more or less… And they weren't also laser guided or satellite guided… So to speak.

It also should not have the chance to fire while moving. In fact, the Katiuscia rockets were fired by "standing positions"…

By the way… You did a very good job… May you tell us the programs you used to do this work ?

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [25/12/2019] à 10:20

Stats will definitely adjusted

I also like the idea of adding a minimum range

As far as I know the is right now no other unit with a minimum range right?

Any suggestions how the symbol should look like?

I guess I will add a minimum range also for the sturmtiger

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [25/12/2019] à 11:59

Really nice job !

but

It's not realistic to give +5 vs infantry without restrictions

You need to make it unable to fire directly, or a minimal range, or something like that.

Exactly the same thing on fire on tanks

“Un grand guerrier ? Personne par la guerre ne devient grand”.

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [27/12/2019] à 19:11

Hi

Good work. I think a firing arc 90deg should apply to it at the front.

Thanks for sharing

Katyusha Fanmade Posted on [07/01/2020] à 11:35

Like I said, this is just a very early preview and will be adjusted when I start again working on the soviet commander 😉

Pages: 1