Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Some questions
Some questions Posted on [15/01/2020] à 03:36

Hi,

Yesterday, decided with a friend to start a session on HoN. For five hours we were reading the rules together to be prepared enough. Actually we didn’t play at all, because we stuck on some points we couldn’t clarify.

So I need your help, of course I have already read all the threads regarding the rules from archives V1 to V2 and these queries haven’t asked again, or so I think, anyhow…..

A) Assuming that I assault a light vehicle with an inf unit and the vehicle becomes wreck. Of course the vehicle can’t retreat and remains wrecked in its position.

My question is, where the inf unit will be placed, thus the wreck counter denies the infantry’s entrance, and the box is not empty.

B) If I declare that I shall assault with a unit having move and fire ability to a target unit and fire to it and eliminate it by the shot before I reach adjacent, what happens with my remainder movement points and my assault in general. May I assault other unit, may I expand my movement even in different direction?

C) As long as you must have los to declare assault to a target unit, how you can declare assault to a concealed unit, being three or more squares away in a terrain feature and as you’re coming close you reveal it. At the phase of the assault’s declaration you don’t see it, you ignore its presence.

D) On page 16, ambush section, writes “only the owner of an ambushed unit can consult it”. Cannot figure out the meaning, excuse my illiteracy, English is not my native language.

Finally wanted to ask, if there is an archive, where all the officially answered questions being gathered, alphabetically perhaps. It is hard hearted to stop the game often in order to find answers in the forum.

The game is awesome and I feel very happy that I met it even lately.

Some questions Posted on [15/01/2020] à 04:23

Mark,

All of your questions are well explained in the most up to date Rule Book – Heroes of Stalingrad, which can be downloaded here https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/download/12558/

You may also find it useful to browse through this thread – https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2151869/new-player-various-questions

If you like the game and plan to play more scenarios and expansions, I highly recommend getting the Compendium rule book

Happy HoN player in Toronto.

Some questions Posted on [15/01/2020] à 05:09

Hoi mark,

with question D is meant that only the owner of the hidden unit is allowed to look and check which unit this is (if he just doesn't know anymore). the opponent cannot check this.

the rest can be found in the rules of heroes or stalingrad. and yes this is a cool game. I also like to play it. enjoy it! Greetings John

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

Some questions Posted on [15/01/2020] à 09:01

Quote from Mark75 on [15/01/2020] à 03:36

A) Assuming that I assault a light vehicle with an inf unit and the vehicle becomes wreck. Of course the vehicle can’t retreat and remains wrecked in its position.

My question is, where the inf unit will be placed, thus the wreck counter denies the infantry’s entrance, and the box is not empty.

As Slyfox has pointed out, this is covered more clearly in the new HoS text. The unit remains in the square from which it launched the Assault, so it stays there.

B) If I declare that I shall assault with a unit having move and fire ability to a target unit and fire to it and eliminate it by the shot before I reach adjacent, what happens with my remainder movement points and my assault in general. May I assault other unit, may I expand my movement even in different direction?

That is also covered in the HoS rulebook.

C) As long as you must have los to declare assault to a target unit, how you can declare assault to a concealed unit, being three or more squares away in a terrain feature and as you’re coming close you reveal it. At the phase of the assault’s declaration you don’t see it, you ignore its presence.

Read the rules for Ambush in the HoS rules. It defines all the special rules for units concealed by Ambush. Anything beyond that is handled by the standard rules, and since the only reference to Ambush is that they must be revealed to actually BE assaulted, but that does not stop them from being declared the target nor prevent the assaulting unit from moving toward them, thus causing them to be revealed.

There are a few "sticky" threads that cover much of the Q&A

V2.0 Changes (Rules forum)

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=10463

Compendium Clarifications (Mistakes)

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=10251

V1.2 Rules Clarifications (V1 Archive)

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=10311

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Some questions Posted on [15/01/2020] à 17:29

Thanks for the immediate response, very useful. Now I’m gonna read the HoS.

I’m thinking to purchase the compendium, but likely I shall combine it with HoS when the later will be available.

Moreover, my playmate asked me something as regards the first scenario and specifically, if a unit that carries the documents (objective), would be assaulted by an enemy and eliminated, and then the casualty unit decides to place the documents in the adjacent interspace next to a friendly unit. After the attacker’s take ground movement, two enemy units will claim the objective. What happens in this particular situation?

Some questions Posted on [15/01/2020] à 22:22

Quote from Mark75 on [15/01/2020] à 17:29

I’m thinking to purchase the compendium, but likely I shall combine it with HoS when the later will be available.

As Slyfox noted, you can download the HoS rules immediately, so that could help. Those rules cover all the core mechanics of the game. The only parts missing are special abilities, gear, and such that exist outside the HoS core box.

HoS uses the V2.0 rules, rather than the V1.x rules. All the game pieces are compatible with both, and the V2.0 rules are mostly clarifications with a few changes to streamline the game a bit. The changes are all covered in the thread I linked earlier.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Some questions Posted on [15/01/2020] à 22:32

I already downloaded and read it.

Indeed, no comparing between each other.

Thanks

Pages: 1