Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
New rules' issues regarding Recruitment Options...
New rules' issues regarding Recruitment Options... Posted on [04/04/2020] à 11:35

Hi…

I write here asking for delucidations and answers about a topic // issue that arose the last time I played an Heroes of Normandie game… This noon…

The issue is the following:

I've a platoon recruitment tile in my army with X infantry troops printed onto it (let's say 5 frontline infantry troops – one is an officer) and it also has a morale / breaking point of 3 (red squares).

During the match the opponent is able to kill 3 out of 5 of the above mentioned troops then I've to flip over the recruitment tile and assign its victory point value to my "kill – a – lot" friend…

And until here… All is ok… Right ? Then…

What happens if that recruitment tile allowed me to buy and, then, add, another group of infantrymen of 3 (thus allowing me an extra "star / order token") which has not already been broken (let's say they are 3 heavy weapons teams that I managed to "keep safe" somehow) and also allowed me to buy the "Ammo +1" and the "Granade" tokens (but I still have to use them all) ?!?

Do the "flipping over the main recruitment tile" also breaks up the Heavy Wps Team (then I will lose another token order the following turn)???

Do the "flipping over the main recr. tile" also prevents me from further uses of the "Ammo+1" and "Granade" tokens ???

May someone answer me or point me the right way to interpret the rules ? I mean… Into the italian rules manual the rules say that: "If the main recruitment tile flipped over granted you also some "extra bonuses" you will be not anymore able to use them…" (but I don't understand if such phrase refers to the "Ammo+1" – like tokens or the "extra star / order wooden tokens" or what…

May you clarify me such point ? Until now I interpreted the fact that you cannot use "Ammo+1" like tokens but since it sounded me "strange" and counter-intuitive, at least, I started to retain the ability to use granades and ammo +1 token (or panzerfaust tokens or whatever token I was able to "add" to the main recruitment tile (standing the fact that it is not depleted if it is a "resource" such as granades, or it has not already been "broken" if it is a troops tile)…

By the way…

Farewell to all the community and keep steady !!!

We will beat the Covid-19 !!!

United we stand !!!

..as the Marines say !!!

PS: does the range of HoN products depicts some "Marines" platoon ?

If I am correct they are not present… Or am I wrong ?

Where not present the Marines during the D-Day ?

Are the "Ranger" troops depicted in the HoN products line "part" of the "Marines" corps ?

I'd like to setup some historical scenario or some home made scenario involving the US Marines into it…

Can you tell me where the truth is in this case ?

Can you – at least – tell me if there are some "Marines Platoon" here in Heroes of Normandie ?

I'm not so sure about it, but if I do recall it well without any mistake I can surely state there were the Marines during the WW II… Right ?

Where they also been deployed in Europe and not only against the Japanese Empire ? I recall that the answer is yes… Or am I wrong ?

If it is YES… Why they are not present in the US armies available for the use into the HoN system ?

Are the "Rangers" troops depicted in HoN the "Marines" ? Aren't they another branch of the US army ?

I would like to have some hints about – maybe – what sort of US army tiles I've to use if I want to reproduce a battle in Europe involving the US Marines…

Someone can suggest me something from this point of view ? Usually I use the "Rangers" as Marines…

But maybe they are another branch of the US troops… I'm starting to be confused and uncertain also about my historical / military knowledge (shame on me… I know… And I am an avid historical books reader and lover of history too !!! So double the shame !!! GOSH !!!).

Bye !!!

New rules' issues regarding Recruitment Options... Posted on [04/04/2020] à 20:19

Flipping your main tile has no effect on the other recruitments attached to it: an unbroken slot would still provide it's bonus (typically an order star). That said though, you should be applying any casualties to those attached tiles before applying them to your main tile, so even if you've lost your leader and special unit from it you are still more likely to lose the attached infantry units first (unless your talking about, say, a single sniper or the sharpshooters or such).

New rules' issues regarding Recruitment Options... Posted on [04/04/2020] à 22:13

US Marines weren't used at Normandie. Europe was primarily a land war that only had three major coastal assaults, Africa, France and Italy. It made no sense to use Marines for inland warfare. Nor did it make sense to insert them for coastal invasions and then extract them.

The Marine Corps was not big enough to be used in both Western Front and in the Pacific Front. They were needed for the island hopping campaigns in the Pacific theatre.

The US Rangers were an army formation.

I think if you really want to play using the Marines, representing them with the Rangers is your best option.

Until the game system moves on to the Pacific theatre, I don't think we will be seeing the Marines represented in the game.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

New rules' issues regarding Recruitment Options... Posted on [18/04/2020] à 20:40

Quote from Colhammer on [04/04/2020] à 22:13

US Marines weren't used at Normandie. Europe was primarily a land war that only had three major coastal assaults, Africa, France and Italy. It made no sense to use Marines for inland warfare. Nor did it make sense to insert them for coastal invasions and then extract them.

The Marine Corps was not big enough to be used in both Western Front and in the Pacific Front. They were needed for the island hopping campaigns in the Pacific theatre.

The US Rangers were an army formation.

I think if you really want to play using the Marines, representing them with the Rangers is your best option.

Until the game system moves on to the Pacific theatre, I don't think we will be seeing the Marines represented in the game.

YEAP !!! YOU 'RE RIGHT !!!

By the way…

I did some historical researches on the net or onto some books I've at home since I posted this thread and the Marines were mostly used in the Pacific as you state… However, some members or staff NCO coming from the US MARINES were used in Europe too, but only in covert operations inland… Or "spy-like" activities… Or as a "link" with the local French or Italian partisans…

😉

Pages: 1