Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2 3 4
New kick starter is going well
New kick starter is going well Posted on [28/04/2020] à 17:08

I was on my PC when I got the message that the new kick starter was live. I clicked over to back and within a few minutes it is surging and 20% funded.

Sounds good!

I am happy to get the new decks because I only have an older version. Plus I decorate my workshop with the posters. 😆

New kick starter is going well Posted on [28/04/2020] à 17:49

Have you read the comments and posts by others regarding this company and their kickstarters and their support?

Are you mad?

Why do you people still support them.

I get their emails promoting their kickstarters and I reply to them by telling them how much of a disgusting company I think they are.

They don't care about customers, only getting their money rolling in.

Don't know how this company get away with this.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [28/04/2020] à 17:59

They are not a disgusting company at all, I have met both Yann and clem and they are great guys. The company had difficulties for various reasons but this KS is to support them, to help them get back on track.

If you have had a negative experience thats unfortunate but my experiences have been nothing but great.

Aftermath Gaming Club and Diceni

New kick starter is going well Posted on [28/04/2020] à 21:09

I must honestly say that sometimes the communication was minimal or even bad about their progress with heroes or normandy. personally i think dp can improve a lot in that. such as being more active with answering questions in formus or the like by periodically answering via email or an update. In contrast, my personal emails were always neatly answered and I always got my products from the online shop smoothly. I still have faith in them. that is why I also supported this kickstarter with a pledge. their products are great and great to play

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [28/04/2020] à 23:50

Quote from Kihon on [28/04/2020] à 17:49

Have you read the comments and posts by others regarding this company and their kickstarters and their support?

Are you mad?

Hum… sorry, but complains about a company by a single man (and perhaps a second), even so he could post hundreds of message… it's only a single one complainant among hundreds of happy backers.

I am one of them and I don't think I'm mad 😀

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 03:16

someone having a field day spamming the KS comments page

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 08:57

To be expected… 🙁

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 08:58

I must say I kind of agree with him. I already supported Devil Pig with a lot of bought units and expansions, a P500.

I'm hesitant to support them now. I'd only need the decks, as I don't have any of the other systems they have scenario's for. 43 euro's for 2 decks, 54 for 4, coupled with the fact there's still people who haven't recieved their P500's…

The news that they're working on yet another system is interesting as well. They sold of Kharnage (their best Kickstarter yet!) because they couldn't support all these systems.

With SON, HON, HOBR and HOS you'd think there's already to many products they need to support as a failing company. Now they're adding in another. A fantasy themed one mind you. Where some of the assets and tiles from HOBR could be used in WW2, I think the fantasy one will be more difficult to couple in with the other systems.

And seeing the're using this money to seed their company instead of the project, makes me really doubt if I should support them.

I was surprised to see it already at double their goal! Its good for them and us and I'm happy for them!

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 08:59

he better just get a life than waste his time.

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 09:28

I also hesitate to support you now. I ask myself … the KS card decks V2 for GE and US may be the same as in the new HON V2 box? If so, why should support you now? I can wait for the V2 box?

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 09:54

Just for the record, I still like DPG and the stuff they produce and do not share the sntiment, that they are here to rip anyone off.

They delivered everything I ever backed or ordered from them, with the exception of the HoBr PRE-ORDER Bundle, but I have some faith about the last one .

That being said, I am still a bit reluctant to back this one. For one thing, with the current situation I am a bit tight with my hobby budget and I ask myself if I really need theese cards. So far classed as nice to have, but not essential.

The other thing is the so called "DPG's Inside Intel" quoted directly from their ickstarter Campaign:

As this campaign is a bit different from the usual, we want you to have a glimpse inside our company! To convince you to support us, we thought that showing you how the funds raised will be used can be a good idea.

10 000€ : Devil Pig has now 6 months to seek external financial support.

20 000€ : Devil Pig will live one more year!

30 000€ : We can complete the development and game design of Heroes of Normandie V2

50 000€ : We immediately launch Heroes of Black Reach Expansion production!

60 000€ : We immediately launch Shadows over Normandie P500 Expansion production!

My take on this is, that DPG is using the funds raised by this campaign to finish their other projects. Maybe I am rading this wrong, so please feel free to correct me.

But if I am not… seriously? Haven't we been there before?

Sounds not exactly like a valid business plan to me.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 10:01

Quote from Alex81 on [29/04/2020] à 09:28

I also hesitate to support you now. I ask myself … the KS card decks V2 for GE and US may be the same as in the new HON V2 box? If so, why should support you now? I can wait for the V2 box?

If you have all the old stuff, an upgrade to the next edition would be nice. If not, you are right of course.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 10:05

Well, the KS front page says "Support the Company you love to stay alive".

I think that pretty much sums up what the KS is about…

I'm just happy to upgrade 3 of my card decks to 2.0 (and get a new deck on top of that).

I like to give my support to DPG. YMMV.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 10:10

Quote from MickMountain on [29/04/2020] à 09:54

But if I am not… seriously? Haven't we been there before?

Sounds not exactly like a valid business plan to me.

Yes, this is something I'm thinking about as well. That was kind of the thing with the P500's. Getting additional funds to stay in business.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 10:11

If you are a completionist with the Compendium, then these decks are all you need to "upgrade" your V1 game to V2.

The new FFI deck is an interesting mix of cards. Not quite like the regular army decks. Should be fun to play in some Resistance raid scenarios.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 10:24

Quote from Alex81 on [29/04/2020] à 09:28

If you only want the US and GE decks, I would agree. Personally I also want the UK and FFI ones that are AFAIK not part of a future V2 core box. I'm also not against a few new official scenarios.

@JanHoos

I would suggest having a closer look at the complete KS page. While there is no denying that survival of the company is the initial goal, that part is also kind of essential for the remaining P 500s to see the light of day(2 of the later goals are to get those in production ASAP).

As for selling of Kharnage, I remember reading on these forums somewhere the company wants to concentrate on the HTS system (-HoN, SoN, HoBR and HoS-) with possible additions to this.

For me the addition of a Fantasy game on the HTS system is not a problem, at least the majority of the terrain from HoN and SoN should be compatible, visualy some of the HoS ones might be a stretch in my imagination, while I would not even consider the HoBR ones in a fantasy or historical setting. But thats just my opinion, as I lean more to the historical side of the game, I do not mix HoN / SoN with HoBR at all, and only a few of the units with HoS. Hell, even SoN is more a fantasy / horror version of HoN to me.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 10:35

Don't get me wrong please. I love this game, art work and game system. i own approx 80% HON and HOS 100%. I want to understand this KS campaign. yes I also want the DP to survive this hard time. if this support from all DP soldiers helps the company than I will also support.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 11:15

Alex81, if I only owned or even only used US and GE units I would probably wait for the V2 core box myself. The fact is that I do own everything released for HoN, SoN and HoS, and on the rare occasions I get the time to play these days I do still use most of the HoN and HoS stuff, so for me the 2 other decks are almost an automatic inclusion.

Aside of all that, the decision to back or pass on this KS campaign, is a personal decision that everyone has to make for him or herself.

Is there any guarantee that there will be no delays…. I will let everyone answer that for themselves, all I can say myself is that eventually I got everything I paid for so far, even though it may have taken some time (that is for projects that were completed to date)

Will the KS save DPG? only time will tell, but I hope so

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 11:38

As this campaign is a bit different from the usual, we want you to have a glimpse inside our company! To convince you to support us, we thought that showing you how the funds raised will be used can be a good idea.

10 000€ : Devil Pig has now 6 months to seek external financial support.

20 000€ : Devil Pig will live one more year!

30 000€ : We can complete the development and game design of Heroes of Normandie V2

50 000€ : We immediately launch Heroes of Black Reach Expansion production!

60 000€ : We immediately launch Shadows over Normandie P500 Expansion production!

Are the last 2 items on the list the P500 orders I already have in my list of order I am waiting on? Or are they talking about Valedor? Because it is concerning that if the last 2 items on the list are orders I have already paid for the wait is going to be quite some time.

I backed this because I have been wanting upgraded decks for a long time. But the P500 campaigns were paid for some time ago and it should not be another hurdle to cross to get them produced. Perhaps the last 2 items on the list are new, as yet unrevealed products. In this case I am not certain what to think.

Regarding the company, I have gotten my products mostly. The last 2 P500 orders are still out there in the void.

But getting answers to emails is almost impossible. As an American I do not understand societal norms in other nations. A friend who lived in France at one time told me that cultures are different and people react differently to emails and requests for comment. So perhaps it is not unusual.

But on my web store I check each message, delete the countless spam, and then try to respond to each person in a timely manner. It only takes a few minutes to type out a message. I do not understand the complete silence to messages sent at least a year ago.

I voted with my wallet on this company and have every product I could get my hands on. But the customer interaction is not what I am used to.

New kick starter is going well Posted on [29/04/2020] à 12:17

The last 2 items are the P500 orders Still waiting in line.

Some time ago DPG announced that they needed to take things more carefully and focus on delivering the items waiting one item at time.

Now they have delivered (apart from the outlier cases) everything up to and including Stalingrad KS.

HoBR P500 (the one with orks and drop pods) is now next in line.

Then the SoN P500 (with sewers and ghouls) will be the next after that.

What DPG is saying in this KS is that if enough money is collected (50K for HoBR and 60K for SoN respectively) DPG will put those two items into production right away instead of waiting when they can do them normally.

So, in essence, this KS (if goals are reached) will speed up the schedule on those two items Still waiting for their turn in line.

edit: At least that is how I read it. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

Pages: 1 2 3 4