Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
Sympathy for the Devil !
Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [03/05/2020] à 19:39

This Kickstarter campaign was the occasion for me to see one of my creations come to life: the FFI deck with eight separate cards to transform it into an Investigators deck for Shadows over Normandie.

Moreover, the Heroes of Normandie 2.0 decks are more than ever compatible with Shadows over Normandie since they have the same format (50 cards with an alternative bonus on the side of the cards). It will now also be possible to create battles between regular army units, unaware of the existence of the Mythos and the Secret War, against factions of Shadows over Normandie. The history of Achtung! Cthulhu offers stories of combat between "normal" soldiers who suddenly find themselves confronted with the Mythos without being psychologically prepared for it and with no esoteric knowledge or equipment to fight the supernatural forces unleashed against them. Participation in this Kickstarter campaign is the perfect opportunity for Shadows over Normandie fans to explore other facets of the Achtung! Cthulhu universe and I'm hopeful that I can come up with some story ideas if the community supports the concept.

Having found the idea of converting Heroes of Normandie decks into Shadows over Normandie decks not so bad, Yann proposed me to create the same thing for all the historical decks, those of Heroes of Normandie but also those of Heroes of Stalingrad. I obviously jumped at the opportunity to bring even more variety to our favorite game. So I've created six cards per deck for a total of 30 cards, representing six new factions (the German cards for the decks of Heroes of Normandie and Heroes of Stalingrad will be the same, with the backsides corresponding to the game for which they are intended). A few completely new cards have slipped into this deck as well, but most of them are already existing cards but in new combinations giving each deck unique gameplay.

In Achtung! Cthulhu, the alignment of the different factions is not necessarily mirrored by what we typically expect of a WW2-era nation. The most famous factions (Majestic, Section M, Black Sun) tend to position their allies as opponents of the Mythos and the Black Sun as users of esoteric forces. However, the Achtung! Cthulhu universe lacks generalizations and also offers Investigators from the German army or American or British units drowned by Cults of the Dark Gods.

It’s this aspect of the universe that I wanted to offer you in this Kickstarter campaign. This is what we have in mind: German Investigators, American King in Yellow worshipers, British sorcerers or a cult of bloodthirsty Russian madmen. You dreamed of having Americans against British or Germans against Germans? This conversion set of 30 cards for Heroes of Normandie and Heroes of Stalingrad decks should fulfill all your hopes.

In summary, by participating in this campaign you will have the choice between:

6 historical military factions that don't know the Mythos,

6 pure Shadows over Normandie factions,

4 intermediate factions.

We intend to offer you this card pack as an Add-On.

But we will only do so if you are interested because we cannot afford to make bad choices that would negatively impact our cash flow.

So I'll leave it up to you to tell us what you think and if you are interested. Depending on your answers, we will open this KS option or not. The ball is in your court!!!

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [03/05/2020] à 19:40

Count me in! 😀

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [03/05/2020] à 21:06

I would buy it. Great idea!

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [04/05/2020] à 03:10

Do it!

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [04/05/2020] à 03:15

I'm on board, sign me up!

I case anyone else missed it the first time. These are what the alternate factions will be:

Quote from gduprez on [03/05/2020] à 19:39

German Investigators, American King in Yellow worshipers, British sorcerers or a cult of bloodthirsty Russian madmen.

And you can see some previews if you zoom into the banner. I glossed over it the first time, I assumed they were pictures from the current campaign. I was wrong, they look so cool!

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [04/05/2020] à 21:17

The price of this extension could be 10 euros.

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [04/05/2020] à 22:30

One for me, it is must have

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [04/05/2020] à 22:32

Yes please! I want 🙂

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [05/05/2020] à 01:10

Big Yes.

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [05/05/2020] à 02:17

Yes, though I am not big a SoN fan. But since I already have everything HoN, SoN and HoS, including storage for all of it, an other 10€ is not going to make much difference. 😳

…. never know if one day my focus might shift from historical to not so historical…. 💡 … unless someone has intel about weird critters actually being in Normandy in '44 😆 😈

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [05/05/2020] à 08:27

I know you cannot do a punch board for this kickstarter, but maybe somewhere in the future…

It would be nice if a special character would accompay each of these "special army decks".

A yellow king priest, Russian mad monk, British sorcerer, German ghost Hunter and so on…

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [05/05/2020] à 09:36

Citation de Colhammer Le [05/05/2020] à 08:27

I know you cannot do a punch board for this kickstarter, but maybe somewhere in the future…

It would be nice if a special character would accompay each of these "special army decks".

A yellow king priest, Russian mad monk, British sorcerer, German ghost Hunter and so on…

I really like the idea! I put it on my list of projects. 😉 :mrgreen:

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [05/05/2020] à 19:07

Yes, I would buy this.

Robert Walton

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [06/05/2020] à 03:00

I would be very interested in a nicely flexible system like this. Offers some great options.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [06/05/2020] à 11:43

Heureux de vous revoir, bien sur faites le j'en serai.

ninsius

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [06/05/2020] à 16:45

We want it, we need it! 😎

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [06/05/2020] à 19:57

This sounds awesome. Insta buy for me. 🙂

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [06/05/2020] à 20:12

Any news on this getting added to the KS?

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [06/05/2020] à 20:32

Soon… 😉

Sympathy for the Devil ! Posted on [07/05/2020] à 19:55

Thank you all!!!! You're a great community!!!!!!

It just makes me want to write scenarios and continue to develop the range with you and for you.

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/deck-de-conversion-disponible-son-sur-le-kickstarter/

Pages: 1 2