Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
Shipping extremely delayed?
Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 05:22

I placed two orders 9 days ago. I have sent multiple emails, social media messages, and requests, with no response. I see in other sub forums here that others are having the same issue. I was about to put a 3rd order in for storage boxes, but will hold off if it means my money will be held up in limbo for an indeterminate amount of time.

Does anyone here know what sort of wait we should be normally expecting for shipping once an item is paid for?

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 07:52

Are you within the EU or outside?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 10:46

Orders are handled by Philibert in France.

Shipping in Europe is delayed because of COVID-19. At the moment, Philibert only ships to the EU, Switzerland, Canada, Japan, China, South Korea and the United States. For all other destinations, deliveries are suspended. They will resume as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, many countries are facing huge delays in package deliveries, especially for cross-border parcels.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 12:13

at the moment Philibert is sending to EU, but I have orders blocked anyway.

The first from 9 april

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 13:56

Im currently in the US. What’s more concerning to me is no one has even responded to any of my inquiries.

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 14:52

My order since 4th of April to Greece, hasn't been sent yet as the order's details writes and on my questions nobody answers too.

At least might could be a notice, when the warehouse is going to open.

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 16:07

Quote from funky on [11/05/2020] à 12:13

at the moment Philibert is sending to EU, but I have orders blocked anyway.

The first from 9 april

I'm in Italy, EU

no shipping anyway

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 18:01

On a related note, I just ordered the SoN p500 expansions that went up yesterday. I plan on getting the HoBR ones as well. Is the delivery of these products tied to the Kickstarter? Are they already printed and just need to ship or are they determining the number of each to print by number of orders? The artcle on p500 is not super clear and I am confused by the different categories, i.e. p500, kickstarter, preorder.

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 18:55

Quote from Coloncalculator on [11/05/2020] à 18:01

On a related note, I just ordered the SoN p500 expansions that went up yesterday. I plan on getting the HoBR ones as well. Is the delivery of these products tied to the Kickstarter? Are they already printed and just need to ship or are they determining the number of each to print by number of orders? The artcle on p500 is not super clear and I am confused by the different categories, i.e. p500, kickstarter, preorder.

Nothing's printed yet, as far as I know and numbers need to be determined.

Kickstarter is what explicitly happens on Kickstarter obviously.

P500 requires a minimum amount of orders before, or if, products will get made. It's a way to gauge interest.

Preorders typically will be made, but you can preorder before the stuff gets available in the shop. Typically you get a promo for free when preordering.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 20:57

Although nothing has been printed yet, if this kickstarter continues this way they will start printing the HoBR preorder and the SoN p500 immediately after the kickstarter.

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 21:06

it seems it's meeple that have to ship orders, a Philibert subsidiary.

Someone has a way to contact them directly?

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 21:26

My question is this, I already love this product. But what kind of company am I supporting. It seems the only people answering questions are two non-employees, and all emails, message, and customer support requests go utterly ignored

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 21:56

How big a company do you expect this to be?

Until last year (or was it two years ago, now?), Stronghold Games was a single person (until they grew enough to add a couple of people) and they were a publisher. If you want proof of that, go listen to the first year or so of the Board Games Insider podcast. Stonemaier games was likewise only Jamie Stegmaier as the entire staff for a while, and his customer service is a group of fans in various places that volunteered (at least originally) to deal with handling requests in their areas.

Game companies are (with a few exceptions) pretty small.

DPG has 1 person currently handling a kickstarter, customer support issues, plus the usual core business stuff. They contract their store fulfillment to another company. Actually two companies, since they have two "stores". Kickstarter fulfilment is also handled by other contracted companies.

I try to answer rules questions and keep the forum going, to help people enjoy my favorite line of games.

Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [11/05/2020] à 21:58

Is the delivery of these products tied to the Kickstarter? Are they already printed and just need to ship or are they determining the number of each to print by number of orders?

EVERY product in the P500 section of the store has an estimated ship date of October 1st, 2020.

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 02:41

Thank you. I admit I didn’t realize how small this company was. I’ve read more and see there been serious financial issues, hence the recent Kickstarter, so I get it. They are very very overwhelmed.

I absolutely understand not being able to reply to messages, I can’t imagine having to deal with customer requests as a one or two person business. That being said, we at least deserve a public statement like “shipping on all orders is delayed by X because of Y” or “due to covid no shipments will be made outside of FR, we apologize for this inconvenience”

I’m just trying to find out how long my money is going to be tied up before my product is shipped. That shouldn't be too much to ask from a company selling a product.

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 09:51

Something like this:

https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/dpg-warehouse-under-attack/

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 10:02

Without some idea of what your ordered, it is hard to give you much information that might help.

You are in the US, did you use the US store, or did you order from the World store?

One more point, if you are in the US then you should be well aware of the state of shipping in the US atm… A few of my orders from Amazon have arrived over a week later than expected, with NO warning from Amazon such was the case. If something is not "critical" it may not ship quickly. How much worse is it for a game warehouse? And that is assuming there is anyone well enough to prepare the package for shipment in the first place.

I am not saying you do not have a right to be concerned. I am not saying DPG is not failing to communicate effectively, they could definitely do better.

But chaos has been inserted all through the system in these times.

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 10:57

As per the (allegedly) Chinese curse, we are currently living in interesting times…

I wouldn't expect a fast response or shipping from anybody right now.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 12:49

Thank you for linking that presser. I hope I haven’t come across as rude, and apologize if I have. I appreciate the help. Hopefully this craziness can resolve in some time frame

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 12:52

No offense taken here. 😎

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Pages: 1 2