Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
Shipping extremely delayed?
Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 17:47

Just got word from Yann!

Shipments have all been set aside, and shipping reopens next week!

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 18:47

Even without Covid 19 I always expect weeks rather than days.

Unfortuantely the "Amazon effect" means that the pereception these days is that if an item doesn't arrive the same week something must have gone horribly wrong. This isn't helped by the online games sellers, who, although they are also small, only have one job to do, ship stock that is currently in their warehouse.

I always try to remember my middle age*, when it was still, "Please allow 28 days for delivery" 🙂

*Not my youth, I don't really remember my youth anymore! 😉

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 18:52

Quote from Jjmclachlan on [12/05/2020] à 17:47

Just got word from Yann!

Shipments have all been set aside, and shipping reopens next week!

thank you very much indeed 😀

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 18:52

I had no doubt your order would arrive at some point, glad to hear it will start soon.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [12/05/2020] à 18:59

Quote from Paul Holden on [12/05/2020] à 18:47

Even without Covid 19 I always expect weeks rather than days.

Unfortuantely the "Amazon effect" means that the pereception these days is that if an item doesn't arrive the same week something must have gone horribly wrong. This isn't helped by the online games sellers, who, although they are also small, only have one job to do, ship stock that is currently in their warehouse.

Exactly. Not every small game company can afford warehouses all over the place to ensure rapid delivery. Even Amazon is not shipping as quickly right now, but it is bad for a company with only one or two shipping locations.

Even Amazon can struggle sometimes. Their amazing distribution system has a downside. I ordered 10 packs of camo-print card sleevez for sleeving a game and I basically got 1 pack from 10 different warehouses. Took over two weeks from the first arriving to the last.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Shipping extremely delayed? Posted on [13/05/2020] à 01:31

there goes your green footprint for this year :mrgreen:

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

Pages: 1 2