Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1 2
Flamethrower and buildings...
Flamethrower and buildings defence Posted on [30/05/2014] à 13:38

Hello,

does a unit inside a building/bunker receive the terrain defence bonus when it is attacked through a window or door?

I asked because a flamethrower attacks every unit inside.

So it is similar to a grenade in a building, which ignores defence bonuses (page 12).

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [30/05/2014] à 16:29

I would say they do not get the bonus as the blast pattern is not used when fired into a building, same as for grenades, but I don't think there is any official ruling on this. Another one for Axel to add to the rulebook updates I think!

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [01/06/2014] à 01:12

Mezike, you are right (again!). The Flamethrower use a pattern (not a blast pattern) ans as grenade or others, in a building (or a defensive position), you don't use the pattern and ALL of the units inside the building are attacked.

The rule is in the D-Day scenario pack, in the booklet (paragraph Flamethrower) 😉

Don't hesitate to consult the Special habilities summary and erratas for the special habilities that do not belong to the rules booklet of the Core Box

En recherche de stage maquettiste

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [01/06/2014] à 09:24

Citation de Axel Le [01/06/2014] à 01:12

Mezike, you are right (again!). The Flamethrower use a pattern (not a blast pattern) ans as grenade or others, in a building (or a defensive position), you don't use the pattern and ALL of the units inside the building are attacked.

The rule is in the D-Day scenario pack, in the booklet (paragraph Flamethrower) 😉

Don't hesitate to consult the Special habilities summary and erratas for the special habilities that do not belong to the rules booklet of the Core Box

Hello Axel,

you did not read the question 😉

The question was: Does the unit inside the building/bunker receives a defensive bonus or not from a flamethrower attack?

Because grenades negate the defensive bonus from terrain.

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [01/06/2014] à 16:41

Lol

Of course, flamethrower negates defensive bonus from building 😉

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [01/06/2014] à 19:57

Quote from Axel on [01/06/2014] à 16:41

Lol

Of course, flamethrower negates defensive bonus from building 😉

Thanks

Oh this is very important 😯

Now I have a chance to clean out the bunkers in the D-Day Scenarios.

You should add this to the rules 1.2 or Special abilities summary.

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [02/06/2014] à 12:27

The Special abilities summary needs to be update, it's one of next file to be updated 😉

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [20/12/2015] à 11:38

Hey axel new question here. Do flamers hit everyone in a building even in the new large building with multiple rooms.

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [20/12/2015] à 12:11

To be confirmed …

I would answer : only squares in a same room….(walls protect the other squares)

“Il ne sert à rien de faire de son mieux; la réussite c’est faire ce qui est nécessaire”. W.Churchill http://lesvieuxdelavieille.org ou http://www.facebook.com/jeanluc.bernard.50

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [20/12/2015] à 16:58

The Multi-room building rules in Ste-Mere Eglise "3 Rooms, Kitchen, Bath…" cover this (p. 4):

An explosion (grenade or other) that occurs in a room of a multi-room building is contained by the walls of the room.

As Axel said earlier, the template of the flame thrower works similar, so it would engulf only one room of the building.

Note also that the rules for Large Building from the same page:

When you use a grenade in a large building, it does not affect all the spaces in the building. You must target an interspace and place the blast pattern.

So if using the flamethrower in a church (or perhaps factory), you use the template as normal.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [20/04/2018] à 18:53

Axel,

This is more a question about fire markers, which Flamers do a lot to create.

The bottom of page 28 of the rules compendium (damage paragraph) says that at the end of the supply phase, units inside structures (incl. Bunkers) that have a fire marker are attacked by the marker, which is supposed to have a combat value printed on it.

I can't find any combat value on the fire markers I have from Pont du Hoc. What should they be?

And just to clarify, I am guessing that a fire marker inside a Bunker would NOT spread like it might in a normal (flammable) structure?

Thanks!

Robert

Robert Weebe

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [06/06/2018] à 22:10

Hey Bobweebe, I was playing with the Flamers and Fire rules tonight and had a few questions about flames too…

The combat value of the flames is not on the flames marker, but on the Fire player aid. This is so because the combat values are different in- or outside of a building. Check my image below.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [06/06/2018] à 22:18

I also have another question about flamers. Compendium sub rules about flamers and multi-room buildings on page 42 (3 Rooms, Kitchen, Bathroom) state that 'When a flamethrower flame originates from a room inside a building that has more than one, the effect is restricted by the walls of the room. Walls are identified by red lines'.

This rule seems very clear. So in my example below, the flames are contained to the first room, right? The soldiers in the second room, at the bottom of the image, aren't affected (aka burnt to death)?

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [06/06/2018] à 22:39

Another flames question. I combine them all in this thread… maybe someone else finds it helpful, later on.

Fire Rules, Compendium page 28 (left column), state 'There can be no more than 1 Fire Marker per square'.

In my example below is a two square building. In a previous turn, a flamethrower fired through the window. We put one fire marker down following the rules on page 29 (top left column). In the Supply Phase we roll a 6 and add a second Fire Marker (and a Destruction Marker). Every supply phase I continued adding Fire Markers because I kept rolling 4, 5, or 6es. So in the picture below, after a few turns, there are four fire markers in the building. Quite a cosy bonfire in the French countryside.

Now I wonder if I played this wrong… Because there's this rule of only one fire marker per square… So a two square building would only allow for a maximum of two fire markers? Or is this rule ignored inside buildings?

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [06/06/2018] à 22:51

Last question about Fire Markers. It's about a timing issue now.

The Fire + Flamethrower rules on page 29 in the Compendium say that you put down a Fire Marker on any square covered by the largest end of the template (max. 3 squares).

Now in the example below, I fire on a unit in a straight line. This unit receives damage as per normal flamethrower rules. After that I put down one flame marker. Nice and easy.

Here's my question. On page 28 the rules in the compendium say that 'At the end of the Supply Phase you discard all Fire markers that are not inside a terrain element'. The rules also say 'At the end of the Supply Phase, units that are in a square (or inside a structure) that has least one Fire marker are attacked'.

So both of these effects happen at the same time… But it's important to know which effect goes first!

• If you discard a Fire marker first, the unit in the example below will not be hit in the Supply Phase.

• If you take damage first, the unit will be hit, and the Fire marker is discarded afterwards. This last situation is important because a unit can get hit twice in one turn, this way, isn't it? First by the Firing Action of the Flamer in the Activation Phase, next by the Fire Marker in the Supply Phase.

So what's the right order?

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [08/06/2018] à 12:52

After talk to the Great Old Ones I have your answer :

1 – You Take the damages

2 – You discard the Fire Marker

L’esclave dyslexique plus vraiment à mi-temps

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [08/06/2018] à 14:20

Quote from Raphael on [08/06/2018] à 12:52

After talk to the Great Old Ones I have your answer :

1 – You Take the damages

2 – You discard the Fire Marker

😀 Thanks, Raphael!

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [08/06/2018] à 14:22

So flamers are extra dangerous because they basically do double damage in one turn (when the targeted unit already activated)! WOW!

😯

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [08/06/2018] à 20:26

…I would add incendiary grenades to the list, since they can show up rather unannounced and also start a fire.

And If your unit already has an executed command token (and you have no card to move it), that unit is in for a rough ride.

Fire just might be (as my kids would say), a little 'OP'…

Robert Weebe

Flamethrower and buildings... Posted on [09/06/2018] à 10:40

Fire just might be really dangerous, just like in real life! 😉

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Pages: 1 2