Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Laying out rules differences between HoBR and HoWW2 + some questions
Laying out rules differences between HoBR and HoWW2 + some questions Posted on [12/05/2020] à 16:36

I wanted to be sure I laid of the difference between common rules of Black Reach vs WW2, so that I don’t get them confused. Please let me know if I’m missing anything or have anything wrong.

1. In Heroes of Stalingrad you can push wrecks. It seem in Heroes of Black a Reach you may only crush wrecks. As far as crushing vs moving in HoS, it seems a heavy vehicle can do either, you just have to declare your intent?

2. Heroes of Black reach has a rule on interspace terrain. If a wall or other impassible terrain touches an interspace, you may not make a diagonal move over that interspace. Heroes of Stalingrad does NOT have this rule.

3. Heroes of Black reach has a +2 benefit for shooting the real part of a vehicle tile. Heroes of Stalingrad has defined armor values for each side.

4. Heroes of black reach has symbol depicted firing arcs, heroes of Stalingrad has firing arcs defined by traceable lines.

5. Heroes of Black Reach allows every unit with the assault ability to add +1 to the attack of the assaulting unit, if they reside in the defenders ZOC. Only the attacking unit advances in a success or retreats in a loss. This rule is not present in HoS.

6. Assaulting a vehicle from the rear adds +2 to the assaults roll. This is not a benefit given to units in HoS.

7. Assaulted vehicles can use EITHER their primary or secondary weapon. In HoS they may only use their secondary weapon, or automatically take damage.

Laying out rules differences between HoBR and HoWW2 + some questions Posted on [12/05/2020] à 16:44

An here are my questions:

1. What is meant by assaults must be carried out from an unoccupied square? Can I not start my assault adjacent?

2. This came up while playing the mobile HoN game. I did a play and want to make sure it’s legal in the heroes system. I activated a unit to assault a unit in a building. I played the card allowing to fire on the move with no penalty. I moved adjacent to the enemy unit without the building so they would get no building defensive modifier, shot them, reduced them, then assaulted them.

Am I allowed to do that? Move within their ZOC to assault them from within the building and remove their defensive bonus? And is my firing on the move while assaulting legal?

3. You cannot stack alternate card bonuses, but you can stack cards correct? Eg, I cannot stack two alternate bonuses to get +2 to a die roll, but I could stack two battle effect cards to get +2 to a die roll?

4. Gear allotments/recruitment seems a little tough to parse. Gear allotments that are part of a recruitment tile or support tile ONLY apply to the units on that tile, not to connected support or recruitment tiles correct? Are unit slotted into a tile considered PART of that tile? In regards to these gear allotments?

My next question is about gear actually SLOTTED into support and recruitment tiles. The way the rules are written seems to imply that gear slotted into a RECRUITMENT tile is allocated to ALL units on that tile and all attached support tiles, but any gear slotted into a support tile ONLY benefits units of that specific support tile? Am I correct on these two questions or did I misread?

5. How do Primaris powers get slotted? It says that if all the powers I choose are the same type, then I get that types primaris power to slot as well. If I only have two slots how do I slot in the third primaris power?

Laying out rules differences between HoBR and HoWW2 + some questions Posted on [12/05/2020] à 22:43

I'm pretty sure that the rules differences between HoBR and HoS/HoN (2nd ed) are intentional and designed to emphasise the specific flavour of the two backgrounds.

You have posted a set of rules questions here that span across both systems and the answers may be different depending on which set of rules is in use.

Can I suggest that you re-post here just the HoBR rules questions and post the others in the HoWW2 section of the forum?

I would try to answer your questions but there are some much more experienced posters who will likely be along with better answers than I can give.

Laying out rules differences between HoBR and HoWW2 + some questions Posted on [12/05/2020] à 22:48

The first part of this post is me seeking to establish exactly what those differences are. There aren’t many, and they are subtle, but as I am playing both games I would like to be sure I have the differences laid out so that I can type a short reference aid so I don’t confuse rules.

The second set of all my questions should be Black Reach specific, or Heroes rules questions in general that apply to Black Reach

Laying out rules differences between HoBR and HoWW2 + some questions Posted on [12/05/2020] à 23:16

Ok, sorry I was thrown by the reference to HoN in qn 2.

Laying out rules differences between HoBR and HoWW2 + some questions Posted on [13/05/2020] à 14:10

If you’re interested these are being answered here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2427191/questions-assaults-card-play-and-how-gear-slotting

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2427190/clarifying-rules-differences-between-black-reach-a

Pages: 1