Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Making old decks 2.0
Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [20/05/2020] à 13:57

Are the cards fundamentally different between v1 and v2? I pick up all the back catalog today from a seller, and was wondering if there are cards I can swap out to bring v1 decks in line with v2

Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [20/05/2020] à 14:09

You could do this by comparing your HoS deck with a deck from the HoN core box. I haven't done a direct comparison yet, but that's a start.

A lot of cards are the same, but the wording got improved a lot over the years. Some cards got removed. Others got replaced by Alternate Bonuses on the side of other cards.

The biggest change are the Alternate Bonuses on cards that would be too situational.

The old decks also had five (I think) unique cards per faction, that stayed the same.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [20/05/2020] à 14:14

Hmm, do Stalingrad cards work fine for allies? Seems i should just use the HoS decks for all my HoN matches, and add in the faction specific cards depending on which nation I’m using.

Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [20/05/2020] à 14:43

Until you get your hands on the V2 US and British decks, you might as well use the Soviet deck.

Most of the cards are the same, only the art on the cards and the card names differ. Soviet deck works perfectly fine in the meantime.

You can add the faction specific (US, UK) card only if you use opaque sleeves because the card backs differ by nationality.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [20/05/2020] à 18:47

Any suggestions on card sleeve sizes? That sounds like a perfect suggestion

Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [20/05/2020] à 20:24

It's a European size, not sure which one (European Card Game or European Board Game).

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [20/05/2020] à 21:46

I had trouble on finding good quality sleeves for this size… Until I bought the DPG sleeves.

I prefer the MTG card size as you can find tons of quality sleeves for that card size.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [20/05/2020] à 21:57

Quote from Colhammer on [20/05/2020] à 21:46

I had trouble on finding good quality sleeves for this size… Until I bought the DPG sleeves.

I prefer the MTG card size as you can find tons of quality sleeves for that card size.

It is REALLY hard to find opaque backs in any size other than "Std/Poker/MTG" card size. There are some Yu-Gi-Oh sleeves, IIRC.

Not to sound like a shill, but the DPG sleeves are the best choice for mixing decks. But barring those, use MtG card sleeves that are opaque.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [21/05/2020] à 03:14

The BGG sleeve mega thread actually has an entry for Heroes of Normandie, with every compatible sleeve and apparently Mayday Chimera 7078 is a perfect fit. That said I’ll check out the official ones first

Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [21/05/2020] à 06:57

If you wanted to take a HoS deck and mix in the 5 faction-specific cards, you need an opaque back, since each deck has a different back. That was why we were talking about there being limited options. Most non-MtG sized cards are transparent on both sides.

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

Making old decks 2.0 Posted on [21/05/2020] à 07:29

Quote from Jjmclachlan on [20/05/2020] à 13:57

Are the cards fundamentally different between v1 and v2? I pick up all the back catalog today from a seller, and was wondering if there are cards I can swap out to bring v1 decks in line with v2

Untill the new KS is delivered..

I've used the American V2 deck on this site. And sorted the Britisch, German and American decks, like the American V2. So in every deck i've deleted the extra cards like sneaky shot, battle rage, hit the dirt, RAM etc. The only thing I have to do is make little stickers (we thinking about round, little colour stickers.. like blue +1 assault etc.) Put on the cards.. again, same as the V2 American

Maybe this will help?

Bart

Bart.

Pages: 1