Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
A Great Alternate Storage Solution
The ultimate storage solution! Posted on [21/05/2020] à 04:53

I just got two packages today. The first was the complete collection of every single Devil Pig release for HoN, including all storage boxes and solutions. The second was this box of 100 cardboard jewelry cases https://www.papermart.com/p/clear-lid-jewelry-box-wcotton/11342?searchitemnumber=450182

I thought the official storage was slick until I found this. Wow. What solution. I got the idea from a post on bgg and it is perfect. The clear top means no searching at all for a specific character or unit, and I plan on using a label maker to tag each box with additional includes equipment (flamer, AT rifle, etc)

No idea how to upload images (when I click the image icon it just adds a bit of code with no ability to upload) but here are some pics:

https://imgur.com/gallery/GfbOISS

The ultimate storage solution! Posted on [21/05/2020] à 06:55

DPG does not store 3rd party images on their site. You would have to use some other file sharing service and link it… which you did 🙂

Looks like a decent storage system. How are you planning on organizing the individual boxes?

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

The ultimate storage solution! Posted on [21/05/2020] à 07:12

Those boxes look like they'll do the trick nicely. Great find!

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

The ultimate storage solution! Posted on [21/05/2020] à 11:21

You can always use your personal BGG gallery if you have a profile there.

With Imgur, BGG and other image hosting sites, you have to copy the image url and paste it between [ img ] tags (without the spaces). You can get the image url by right clicking and choosing ‘copy image address’ in a non-mobile browser.

For example: [ img ]url goes here[/ img ] (again, without spaces)

These boxes you show are a perfect match. I know you can find these over here in Belgium too, in dedicated paper stores. I think it’s what inspired DPG to make their own version.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

The ultimate storage solution! Posted on [22/05/2020] à 03:45

Got a lot more pictures now that I have the games packed up. This looks absolutely amazing. Just to get some labels for the box fronts for whenever I remove it from the core box.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RTxJmTM

The ultimate storage solution! Posted on [25/05/2020] à 09:12

That looks neat with the transparent lids!

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

A Great Alternate Storage Solution Posted on [26/05/2020] à 06:05

I am going to have to put on my moderator hat for a sec… Officially, the DPG storage solution is the "Ultimate" solution, so I have retitled this thread to "A Great Alternate Storage Solution" 😉

Volunteer Moderator of the English Language Forums
Remember: If you are not willing to shell your own position you are not willing to win!

A Great Alternate Storage Solution Posted on [26/05/2020] à 08:05

I am very happy with my (offically) Ultimate storage solution.

Since I can already see from the stickers what is inside the boxes, I don't really need a see-through lid for them.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

A Great Alternate Storage Solution Posted on [26/05/2020] à 19:08

I'm using plastic ones with a fit-as-u-want system at the moment. Only negative is ofcourse they are a bit more pricy then cardboard ones …

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6pwsWiG9tpJqYt6pDV1aqBpXrQ2O6Aa/view?usp=sharing

Johan Van Gijsegem

A Great Alternate Storage Solution Posted on [26/05/2020] à 21:42

Those look good, also don't have the usual awkward hinge problem from the looks of it?

What make are they?

A Great Alternate Storage Solution Posted on [27/05/2020] à 17:42

Those look great! I can’t do that all the units mixed together like that though. I need to be able to as quickly identify which units are available, what their point value is, and what equipment and vehicles they offer.

I need a good organizing shelf or box for terrain though that I can label (trains, trenches, bunkers, etc)

A Great Alternate Storage Solution Posted on [27/05/2020] à 19:23

my plastic version….

https://www.sunware.com/en/catalog/storage-themes/hobby

Johan Van Gijsegem

A Great Alternate Storage Solution Posted on [27/05/2020] à 19:25

Ha, I also use Sunware products for other game storage. 😎

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

A Great Alternate Storage Solution Posted on [27/05/2020] à 19:31

Quote from bartdevuyst on [27/05/2020] à 19:25

Ha, I also use Sunware products for other game storage. 😎

Classic wargame thing

Johan Van Gijsegem

A Great Alternate Storage Solution Posted on [01/06/2020] à 10:29

Great find! This is going to be a game changer for sure!

Pages: 1