Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.
RSS Feed MembersSearch
Pages: 1
Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system?
Are there WWI mods/versions for the Heroes system? Posted on [03/06/2020] à 23:04

Just wondering what a good WWI variant would make…

I think some rules for the order dice to cover the more monolithic nature of the beast, gas strikes, a system for a kind of continued feed of new troops … at least the moral/routed/supressed rules, maybe even upgraded …

Johan Van Gijsegem

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [05/06/2020] à 21:39

I would love a WW1 version for sure. As a fellow Belgian it feels all very close.

I think that with a few neat ideas, the Heroes System could work well in WW1. Massive charges, loads of assaults. snipers, slow, yet terrifying tanks, gas clouds floating in the wind, trench foot and other miserable effects could be applied with the Action Cards. Officers shooting cowards for no willing to go over the top, … And obviously the inclusion of some fighter planes. The amount of movie reference material is huge as well.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [06/06/2020] à 00:33

On a side note Bart, I totally suggest Brave Little Belgium

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [07/06/2020] à 20:24

I have also some stuff from Rivet Wars from CMON. The problem with Rivet Wars is that it is a relative abstract system that looks like a Games Workshop miniature game. So the people that bought it are a bit let down. But it has some interesting ideas that represent the WWI monolith warmachine.

There are some things at the moment (inspired a bit by Rivet Wars) starting to bubble up in my mind, when they are a bit more mature i will post them and throw them at the lions…

Johan Van Gijsegem

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 00:27

Can 't wait. And what is wrong with not being nature? 😉

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 07:57

Mature , mature not nature.

Zijn er ook nerderlandse spelers onder ons? Omgeving nijmegen, uden, enz.

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 09:23

What would you guys think about sharing some inspiration from war movies about WW1? Although the amount of well-know Hollywood WW1 movies is a bit smaller compared to WW2, I still think there's a nice selection of inspirational heroes.

Let's kick it off with Kirk Douglas in Paths of Glory, from 1957.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 09:37

Obviously, inspiration can be taken from real-life war heroes as well. :mrgreen:

In these tumultuous times of ongoing racism, a tribute to Henry Johnson would be fit for portrayal, posthumously decorated with the Medal of Honor, and recognized with the French Croix de Guerre as well.

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 11:59

Ian from Forgotten Weapons / TnRange TV (on Youtube) has some very informative tours of the flanders and french trenches and bunker systems…

Yorkshire Trench, Flanders

https://youtu.be/KyvoFICl2WI

German trench

https://youtu.be/C3cyaaD_CKw

Dodengang/Trench of Death : the point where germans an belgians are only 50meters apart

https://youtu.be/CXOHHuNvJJY

and much much more…

Johan Van Gijsegem

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 12:02

And for the less heavy stuff, we always have Black Adder

Johan Van Gijsegem

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 12:02

Quote from johanvg on [10/06/2020] à 12:02

And for the less heavy stuff, we always have Black Adder

Obviously! 😛

☠☠☠Heroes of Belgium ☠☠☠

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 12:59

This screams to be made into a scenario …

The Capture of Fort Douaumont

https://youtu.be/k8qYDNao7VU

Johan Van Gijsegem

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 13:36

interesting idea,

Maybe a kind of community project to get heroes of ww1 alive?

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 15:05

Quote from evilSpike on [10/06/2020] à 13:36

interesting idea,

Maybe a kind of community project to get heroes of ww1 alive?

At the moment i'm thinking about a custom order/command-tree system, that will be still in core the same as the basics, but will transform for the WWI period.

It will be more rigid, you will have to have 'lines' of command to the units if you want to put order tokens on them (or action cards/tokens like fi carrier pigeons)… it's still forming in the brain… i will post when i have something ready.

Johan Van Gijsegem

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 19:17

I don't think the scale of HoN is large enough to show the rigidity of the high command. The command of the company level should be about the same as in WW2. The germans for example used great tactics in the small unit scale to storm the trenches. WW1 saw the birth of the storm troopers.

This is supposed to be a joyful occasion. Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who.

Are there WWI mod for the Heroes system? Posted on [10/06/2020] à 19:56

But there was more control from behind for units who didn't comply to the letter … like i said , work in progress

Johan Van Gijsegem

Pages: 1